Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

Rated WZ Tournament 2.0: The Hutt Cartel Server Cup!

KanDekB

Giradda the Hutt salutes you!

Want to prove that your guild has one of the top rated teams on Jung Ma?

Well today is your lucky day. Ranked comms. Credit Bets. Honor. Pride. Glory. All could be yours. A tournament like none other will be held on Saturday, June 1st, 7pm EST (may be changed if another night provides the most amount of guilds the ability to compete). The rated tournament will be held by double elimination. Only one tournament requirement to join: one person from each competing rated team is required to have a live or recorded stream of the match (preferably not a node guarder...). These videos will be submitted to dailypvp.com to be reviewed by Flavored to promote Rated Wzs on Jung Ma.

Rules and Regulations

Registration details:

The registration deadline for all rated teams participating is Saturday, June 1st at 12 PM EST (aka Noon). The team captain or guild leader is required to in-game mail Maazik (imp) or Maazík (pub alt-code 161 for í) with an email address asap by which we can further communicate before the tournament, addressing concerns and official business (such as setting time and changing date). All teams will be registered under their guild name or team name if no guild affiliation is to be held, with team captain and participating members of the rated team being registered at http://challonge.com/huttcup. If your guild enters more than one team, please enter the names as ImpGuild (1) and ImpGuild (2).

Computer Issues/Client Crashing/Losing a Member

• You will be allowed to include a substitute in your official forum team registration. After registration is complete, your team is finalized (including your named substitute).

• Understandably, your client will crash, your internet connection will drop, and your computer will magically burst in flames on the day of the event, and they will all happen at the same time. Therefore the tournament officials will allow a one player substitution on the day of the tournament in case another player cannot return.

• This substitution is not meant to enhance your teams standing in the tournament, but rather to have a fail safe in the event of a lost member.

• The tournament will also allow one time re-queue per team per match if a player just needs to reconnect from being disconnected or the team needs to bring in their substitute. In the event that both teams have requeued, the warzone will go on regardless of client issues and players missing.

• The purpose of the tournament is to pit strong rated teams against each other in a fair and fun environment for both sides, not to declare dominance because one person disconnected. But at last, the tournament must go on, so I apologize if a player disconnects a second time and your team finds itself at a disadvantage. I hope this is clear, and if it is not feel free to send me a message for further clarification. (Please note that the video recordings will allow us to view if a player disconnected or has just left the wz [e.g. rage quit] as the two are very different).

Cheating:

Cheating, hacking and exploiting is forbidden by the tournament and by Bioware policy. If a member on your team cheats your team will be expelled from the tournaments and will be reported to Bioware. The video recording and streaming will be continuous so that we can watch the videos from both sides in the event of a guild claiming hacks or exploits. Continue playing even if you believe you have seen a hack or exploit and type HACK in caps in ops chat so that we can trace the moment in the video. At the end, report it to Maazik and we will take it from there. Cheating complaints will reviewed and ultimately be decided on by the team captains of all the guilds participating, so please don't waste our time. No need to throw away a match only for the captains to declare that no cheating occurred.

Warzone Gear:

All is permitted. Grenades, Med Packs, Adrenals, Stims ;)

Use them wisely!

Tournament Location:

We will be gathering for the tournament at Nar Shaddaa, the heart and soul of the Hutt Cartel. There we will be queueing each team at the appropriate time for the bracket. Please be aware that it will be packed and a lot of people will be dueling/partying/RPing so please don’t exit a match sour and ruin the fun.

When all the teams arrive, we will begin the introductions and then we will start the fun. Please arrive in ops group ready to go. No solo or 4 man reg queues while we wait. The method for bracket setup while be entirely random and based on a number generator that will assign each group an identifier and then I will place them in accordingly. As such, two really strong Ranked groups may be pitted against each other in the early rounds which would be unfortunate, but there is currently no objective way to seed guilds.

So please stay alert. Queue when asked. And have fun!

Winners and Consolation Bracket:

As the tournament is a double elimination bracket, please be aware that a lose does not remove you from the tournament. You will just be placed in the one-lose bracket and you can continue to move up and win first place! So please don’t rage about a loss and not return for some more games. We are here to have fun and gain some nice ranked comms. Just bring your A-game, learn from your mistakes, and keep practicing. Again, the website to watch for live updates is http://challonge.com/huttcup.

I hope to see you all as we start the competitive Ranked summer season here on Jung Ma,

Edited by KanDekB

Just an FYI double elimination would be if your in the losers bracket you still have a chance at First, not third. You just have to beat the #1 seed twice

Thx man. I totally overlooked that. Yes, if you lose, you just move up in the second bracket until you compete against the loser of the top teams in the Winner's bracket and win, then just go on to compete against the #1 seed twice like you said. Good catch. Hope to see Immortals in the competition. Cheers.

I am interested on behalf of reign, I will talk to people and check about the date etc. Personally I will be out of town that day. :( But I will make sure the guild knows and begin focusing our efforts toward that night.

Is there a possibility of making this a monthly or bi monthly event if it is a success?

Of course! Knowing the PVP gap between the two factions, I am making an effort to bridge the communication barrier and promote more Rated action between the Republic and the Empire. I want more Imperials to start rolling strong PVP guilds that can add to the rated community and improve reg wz competition. This will be a good place for any new team to just come by and practice and learn.

So obviously, I want this to be a huge success for the sake of bringing more rated to Jung Ma and for rated to be competitive between both factions.

Edited by KanDekB

I forgot to mention! If you and your guild is interested, please post below your in-game name and guild so that I can begin contact asap! Don't be shy. There is no commitment if you post, its just so I can start seeing the numbers as I have had a few guilds contact me already. The only time it is official is if you go to the challonge.com/huttcup and post your ranked team.

Sorry for that, CHEERS!

Good news! With Game update 2.1 around the corner fixing some of the exploits... I have heard a lot of people speaking about the tournament.

Some guilds that have shown interest (Some have confirmed that they are entering!):

Project Mayhem

Immortals

Reign

Gurren Brigade

Smell My Finger

Credit Shot

Things are starting to heat up! Don't miss out!

Immortal will be entering, Will enter our line-up tonight on that website. Can we please start bumping and promoting this event on fleet all day today and tommrow so we get as many teams as possiable.

Ven

Warlord of Immortal

No worries! If this a good success, then I will be hosting them monthly with credit prizes! All you need is partisan gear right now to be competitive. Very few are min/maxed and fewer all the way to conqueror.

Looks like people are joining! Where is Black Sun, Reign, Credit Shot, Crimson Elite,

sSmell My Finger, Overlord, Republic Latina, and Nightmare Squadron! Lets get this going!

Note: Change to tournament

You may sign up your team by Thursday night and tell me who is competing on Friday, one hour before the tournament so I have an official list. This way if you are uncertain of your exact composition, you may still compete on Friday.

Edited by KanDekB

Parker: "My team's ready but I don't have a Command Crew."

Marvin: "Grwaaawaar!"

Parker: "It's gonna be rough pal I didn't want to speak for you."

I know there is interest in Crimson Elite. We've just been lazy with posting. I'll talk with the guys tonight and let you know who will be participating.