10 meter Death Field, 30 meter Low Slash

BlissDivine

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed

I can count on one hand the number of players that take the instant cast WW in Deception.

I can also count on one hand the number of times I've seen any Deception player cast WW since 3.0

Your argument is invalid. Low slash at 30m functions like an interrupt or a "HEY YOU SORC THERE!! STOP RUNNING AWAY" Tool.

30m low slash has a realistic chance to fail, due to parries, deflects, misses etc, not to mention it requires the use of resolve... The easiest class to fight against this are concealment operatives (and their mirror) with their beefed up roll.

Funny though, I don't see anyone complaining about the increased damage reduction, I mean I can stay alive slightly longer now...

I can count on one hand the number of players that take the instant cast WW in Deception.

I can also count on one hand the number of times I've seen any Deception player cast WW since 3.0

Your argument is invalid. Low slash at 30m functions like an interrupt or a "HEY YOU SORC THERE!! STOP RUNNING AWAY" Tool.

You're not thinking from a coordinated team perspective. There, it functions as a means of sustained cc on an un-focused target. Instant 30m cc on a 15 second cooldown is unjustifiable.

30m low slash has a realistic chance to fail, due to parries, deflects, misses etc, not to mention it requires the use of resolve... The easiest class to fight against this are concealment operatives (and their mirror) with their beefed up roll.

Funny though, I don't see anyone complaining about the increased damage reduction, I mean I can stay alive slightly longer now...

because a 5% (4% with companion bonus) chance for it to fail just totally holds it back.:rolleyes:

But it can be used against abilities that immunize against force/tech, like resilience. And conc op roll immunizes against all cc, so it doesn't particularly counter low slash.

because a 5% (4% with companion bonus) chance for it to fail just totally holds it back.:rolleyes:

It's actually 15-20% chance to miss, depending on your accuracy and the class type of the opponent. If I had a nickle for every low slash that I've missed on a sorc....I'd have 3 nickels.

Because its a melee class? Maras have to be in peoples faces to spread their dots so why shouldnt sins do the same instead of hiding behind pillar 30 m away playing ranged? :p

Its the only ranged ability we got. hell if I knock someone back I can't even hit them with lightning until the move 5 meters closer. Should be half the distances sorcs is 15 meters.

THIS! for god sake this. The other side to that though is that the frustration works in both directions. Most ranged classes must kite to survive, if we dont you win 90% of the time. you get frustrated when you get kited, i get frustrated when i cant kite.

If melee dps expects time on target to be 100%, then you need to get nerfed into the freaking stone age.

Any logic tells us that for melee dps to be competitive they hit harder when on target to account for the fact that they are not always on target. if you are able to crazy glue yourselves to the target without being kited or otherwise losing GCDs then you should be nerfed.

Flame away if you wish but that is the given reality of melee versus ranged, or dot specs versus direct damage specs... dots specs cant have the burst a damage spec has and sustained dots. You cant have it all people.. there has to be a break even point to make all the specs viable.

Right so when I spike your as for 16K or something like that you won't QQ about that!

None of that addresses the fact that you can do your damage from 30m while ranged have to do theirs from 4m. The whole point is that ranged dont' have to struggle to get into attack range, its handed to them on a silver platter, yet they hit just as hard and often harder than any melee. This is a discrepancy. While the melee is getting into range, you're still hitting him. When he gets into range and starts hitting you, you're still hitting him. When you knock him back, root him, slow him, you're still able to do damage to him, only he can't touch you. And all along, your'e hitting just as hard as he hits you....and sometimes harder. Poor Annihilation Marauders.

So stop crying.

When's the last time you saw gunslingers/snipers doing more damage than melee during a match? Defending ourselves involves moving around, activating abilities that don't last very long, CCing (if we're lucky), etc... a whole bunch of stuff that doesn't involve doing damage. Melee has their cooldowns on. Once you're actually hitting a slinger, we're either tanked and healed or we're dead in seconds.

It's actually 15-20% chance to miss, depending on your accuracy and the class type of the opponent. If I had a nickle for every low slash that I've missed on a sorc....I'd have 3 nickels.

Not unless there is something messy with low slash. Typically everything that isn't the basic attack uses "special melee accuracy" rather than the "Basic melee accuracy" which is what is displayed on the character sheet. Special melee accuracy defaults to 100%, which would be 95% post base 5% defense.

Although I haven't tested assassin abilities, I just know that every trooper ability works like that and assume that it's true for everyone else.

Edited by Zoom_VI

heh. well played.

Edited by foxmob

So all ranged abilities for VG/PT should be removed?

There has always been a melee/ranged spectrum. PT has always been "more ranged" than warriors. The same with scoundrels. This is fine.

However, 3.0 did give AP too much range by granting it 30m TD (pyro had this at launch, and it was reduced to 10m for good reason), no requirement for using RS (stupid, they should've just made it so it can be used when ED or TD is on them, in addition to dots and cc), 6 second guaranteed reset on RS, 15m mag blast, and increased damage on an ED that procs RS and refreshes RB... all of these changes combined = overkill.

Edited by Kakisback

was running away from a sin. looking for some los to hard cast a heal and for my instant to come off cd. was wayy ahead of him. caught a low slash from between 20-30m away. he walked up. assassinated me. dead. not happy. fuming. all I could think was "wth is a melee doing with a 30m instant mezz? do you understand how valuable that is? even ranged have to hard cast that...oh wait. sins have a hard cast mezz too." BW /eyeroll. Edited by foxmob