Bioware, tonight's stream is your last chance.

NogueiraA

I expect 9/10ths of it will be general goofing around like frat-boys. 2 lines on a couple of non-essential issues and a bit of waffle. - Then gurgling like drains on some meaningless 'ship.

-So much like any other - not really worth my time to sit though three/four grown men who should have their business heads on and be addressing some -if not all-of the issues.

"Hur-hur- lets make ZO-0M romanceable."

"Hur Hur - yeah, we should totally do that!"

"Yah that'd be awesome."

&c ad nauseam...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see threads like this before every stream in last 3-4 months...

Eventually your beloved game will be shut down because tehy cannot support the servers anymore, and posts like this , you know, people being content with these types of insane decisions, will be responsible for it. BW will think it is totally ok to keep shafting is in the worst way possible.

this guys can't even recognize that to close the gap between the 208's PVP players and the 240-242 CG exploiters in Wz's they need to put bolster at least on 236 or 240 so Wz's can be playable. Get inside a Ranked with ur 208's and face the 240 guys min/maxed. LOL. I can surely get one of them but after a couple of Global cooldwns im out for sure. Gear shouldn't matter in PVP yet some idiots still think that gear is a "reward".

Also they intentionally made the player base grind and play alts and make gearing them "friendly" but now u can't even gear mirror classes without getting screwed with the UC's beeing BOP. They MUST be BoL so u can gear a mirror class or alts faster and keep playing. It's not so hard to understand

Its not a trade off between time / RNG what they delivered is a breaking point when most users decide to keep playing or not. It shouldn't be that way. After 5 years continuosly playing im out till the change this thing. Can't even bother to manage 16 Valor100 toons anymore. This is a game not a job

How can we feel when we get a dupe purple thing?? if they are pushing us for gearing (They wan't the player base to do so, clearly), GIMME AND OPTION TO TRASH IT FOR UC's at LEAST!!!!!! 30%-40%50% Something!"!!!

This system is THE SAME they used in 1.0 and they closed 120 servers the first year

Can't beleive some blind ppl on this forums can whiteknight such an aggressive change in the game

I expect 9/10ths of it will be general goofing around like frat-boys. 2 lines on a couple of non-essential issues and a bit of waffle. - Then gurgling like drains on some meaningless 'ship.

-So much like any other - not really worth my time to sit though three/four grown men who should have their business heads on and be addressing some -if not all-of the issues.

"Hur-hur- lets make ZO-0M romanceable."

"Hur Hur - yeah, we should totally do that!"

"Yah that'd be awesome."

&c ad nauseam...

You....have seen the future, buy me loto tickets pls.

When is this stream, normally I ignored them, but this one I will be watching in full. And the future of my sub will be decided then. I will not continue to sub if there is no reversal of these ridiculous grind mechanics. And if bolster is not rolled back to where it was.

I urge everybody that's finding that they're not getting the value they want out of their sub to not renew it until Austin actually delivers something of value. They need to learn that fire is hot the hard way and that lesson won't be taught if people still throw money at them on blind faith.

I find it horrific that they actually told their investors that this grind would improve retention. That's a towering level of incompetence. Obvious if they believe that. Indirectly if not. If they didn't that's grounds for an investor lawsuit.

• Dev Post
1 - Bring back bolster as it was before 5.1 (you really killed my motivation to play)

2 - Reduce the grind lowering the costs to get gear using Components

3 - Remove the SHELL needed to buy T2 gear using Components, many of us sold the old shells and now we're screwed. If it was cheap like 4.0 when you reduced Wz commendation costs i'd never complain. But this time I have to deal with RNG again to get those shells.

4 - Bring back Shae Vizla customization.

5 - Make Components LEGACY, so this game becomes alt friendly again.

6 - I think this is asking too much but make Command rank legacy, this would finish many many complains from the playerbase.

5 years sub to a game that now is just RNG + Mindless grind, it's not fun anymore.

For tonight's stream, we really want to focus in on what is coming in the future (content especially). With that in mind I want to try to address the questions you raised since they may not come up on the stream.

1- Right now we are not planning on changing Bolster back as it was an intended change. I posted our reasoning here.

2 - We are definitely looking at all of the GC gearing changes we made yesterday to see where our next steps are. The rate of components earned from PvP is one of those areas we are investigating.

3 - The intent of using this method to purchase the upgrade is that it would work almost identically to how it worked before with Warzone -> Ranked upgrades. Again, we are keeping our eyes on costs and the rates of earning Components to see where changes need to be made.

4 - Shae being able to wear armor was a bug, which is why we changed/fixed it. We do know that there is a desire for characters like Shae, Lana, etc to be able to be customized like other Companions and we are always looking at when/if we could implement this.

5 - Components can be most easily compared to WZ Comms and although WZ comms weren't legacy, you could move them around through the BoL consumable. We are talking about Components and the possibility of making a similar change in the future. No promises, but it is definitely a part of the discussion!

6 - Command Rank being Legacy wide creates some problems at the same time that it is solving some. We know that we need to help out players Legacies in Galactic Command and are looking at a lot of different options. I am hoping to have some information really soon (I was trying to avoid saying that word). Potentially on the stream today, but more likely next week.

-eric

I find it horrific that they actually told their investors that this grind would improve retention. That's a towering level of incompetence. Obvious if they believe that. Indirectly if not. If they didn't that's grounds for an investor lawsuit.

They believed it because players accepted the DvL event as legit content.

I do think the OP has some legitimate grips and the BioWare response...well...others can comment on that.

I will say however, that a stream regarding upcoming content has LONG been due. I personally think it is a good thing this is here, provided it is done in a manner that is informative (ie specific details) to the community.

Again, not saying the other areas don't need addressed, they do, but for all of the talk and issues with GC content in which to interact with is imperative and has been sorely lacking for too long.

For tonight's stream, we really want to focus in on what is coming in the future (content especially). With that in mind I want to try to address the questions you raised since they may not come up on the stream.

1- Right now we are not planning on changing Bolster back as it was an intended change. I posted our reasoning here.

2 - We are definitely looking at all of the GC gearing changes we made yesterday to see where our next steps are. The rate of components earned from PvP is one of those areas we are investigating.

3 - The intent of using this method to purchase the upgrade is that it would work almost identically to how it worked before with Warzone -> Ranked upgrades. Again, we are keeping our eyes on costs and the rates of earning Components to see where changes need to be made.

4 - Shae being able to wear armor was a bug, which is why we changed/fixed it. We do know that there is a desire for characters like Shae, Lana, etc to be able to be customized like other Companions and we are always looking at when/if we could implement this.

5 - Components can be most easily compared to WZ Comms and although WZ comms weren't legacy, you could move them around through the BoL consumable. We are talking about Components and the possibility of making a similar change in the future. No promises, but it is definitely a part of the discussion!

6 - Command Rank being Legacy wide creates some problems at the same time that it is solving some. We know that we need to help out players Legacies in Galactic Command and are looking at a lot of different options. I am hoping to have some information really soon (I was trying to avoid saying that word). Potentially on the stream today, but more likely next week.

-eric

There is nowhere to go as long as gearing is broken. If they pretend there is, or that what was done in 5.1 even remotely addresses it they are mistaken. Remove galactic command and everything to do with rng and either return whole hog to 4.0 or something else but there is no fix for gc at this point.

I'm sorry, but this makes no sense to me - you did have this implemented for Shae already, and then devoted the time and effort to un-implementing it as this "bug fix".

Edited by DarthDymond

-eric

You'd be wise focusing your attention on things that will save the game Eric...there's no sense in new content when you don't have enough players left to keep the game running. Don't get ahead of yourselves, you've done a number with 5.0 and 5.1...

As for point 3 - you failed MISERABLY! In 4.0, I could buy PvP gear after TWO warzones...have you guys done ANY math on how many it would take NOW? If your goal was to make it similar, your programmers forgot a ton of zeros after the rewards.

And point 5, same thing, the two aren't comparable Eric, we're not stupid. I didn't need 35 warzones to buy ONE piece of freaking gear.

You've turned this game into nothing but a grind. We were talking about this just last night in mumble - in 4.0, simpletons like me actually created AND PLAYED multiple toons and classes that I have never even thought about prior to 4.0. Know why I did it? Because I could gear them up with ease and try things I wouldn't normally do because gear wasn't holding me back...in 4.0, the only thing that held me back was not having enough toons to keep playing the game...but now? I've logged into ONE character since 5.0 Eric...ONE!

5.0 and 5.1 are utter failures. You misread your metrics on what players liked to do.

-eric

Pls do the numbers to gear 8 alts and mirror classes for PvP, or even a guy that needs dps/tank gear or dps/Healer gear

The discussion shouldn't take longer than 2 minutes

If u did for WZ comms there was a valid reason then and There is a valid reason now

Make a quick fix for this and stop with this insane riot ur devs started

Edited by Groncho

Question for Charles in this Stream;

Charles, throughout Knights of the Fallen Empire we were informed by our various commanders (and Lana and Theron) that we needed to keep recruiting more people to cause and to grow the ranks of the Alliance. To this end we completed Alerts in which companions were added to our roster (swelling possible with CC pets to over 40 member) when are any of these companions going to add to our alliance and make a difference. For 9 months alerts were completed and command crates handed in and it appears with a possible blink and you will miss it moment in chapter 8 of Knights of the Eternal throne that none of these 'alerts' had any effect what so ever to our Alliance or war against Zakuul. Is this the case? Did our commander lie to us throughout? What possible motive did they have in getting us to recruit people for them to then do nothing?

Follow up question, Are you aware that Knights of the Fallen Empire and Knights of the Eternal Throne was more akin to keeping up with the Kardashians (though in this case Valkorians) than Star Wars. With so many plot holes and perplexing moments that have yet to have any reasonable explanation. And yet supposedly that story is complete with us still having no idea how The Sith Emperor (and his plans) could possible be the same person as Valkorian (and his very different plans) or how Force Senestive Love interests can't sense their partner is alive and about 50 other issues. Will there ever be an explanation to this or will it be Magic (the force) did it! Akin to a child's story where they can't explain why something happened so attribute it to Magic!

-eric

My question for you is: Does your staff understand this game is suppose to be a mmo?

I mean really, you have no end game content. None. I give you some credit for the fact you have tricked some players into thinking they need gear but the truth is outside of pvp, gear does not matter because you have added zero new content that needs the gear.

This has been the long term problem of Star Wars from the start. It has failed to provide any real end game content and suffered for it. This game when it came out was suppose to be the WoW killer. When it came it it appeared that it may indeed be true but then SWTOR seemed to fail to grasp that a mmo needs constant end game content updates. This problem is still in place.

Your expansions are a joke at this point. Nothing more then what any other real mmo would call a patch. You label it a expansion and think good enough. It's not good enough. It does not have the staying power to keep players active. It's little more then what should be thought of as dlc content for a single player game which at this point is what SWToR has become. A single player game with online elements.

You and your staff need to do some research into how a mmo is suppose to work because it is clear that no one in your company understands it.

-eric

Eric, you completely missed the underlying issue with this point ... most of us the won set pieces in the RNG boxes destroyed the shell. So this new "fix" literally is like starting from scratch if we want to use the system to move a piece from Tier 1 to Tier 2.

If this system stays as is, at least give player the shells back in the mail.

Eric - Could you address this one?

7. Give us a way to block DvL pop-ups.

Thanks!

Yeah no matter how bad this system is, many people got rid of their shells because the 5.0 system it was not needed to keep them. Why punish those for your mess up? Now we have to grind another useless piece at T1 to upgrade? That is absurd with how many games is needed to do so. I strongly recommend reimbursing those, like myself, who got rid of the shells needed to trade in. It is the least you can do :rolleyes:

You'd be wise focusing your attention on things that will save the game Eric...there's no sense in new content when you don't have enough players left to keep the game running. Don't get ahead of yourselves, you've done a number with 5.0 and 5.1...

As for point 3 - you failed MISERABLY! In 4.0, I could buy PvP gear after TWO warzones...have you guys done ANY math on how many it would take NOW? If your goal was to make it similar, your programmers forgot a ton of zeros after the rewards.

And point 5, same thing, the two aren't comparable Eric, we're not stupid. I didn't need 35 warzones to buy ONE piece of freaking gear.

You've turned this game into nothing but a grind. We were talking about this just last night in mumble - in 4.0, simpletons like me actually created AND PLAYED multiple toons and classes that I have never even thought about prior to 4.0. Know why I did it? Because I could gear them up with ease and try things I wouldn't normally do because gear wasn't holding me back...in 4.0, the only thing that held me back was not having enough toons to keep playing the game...but now? I've logged into ONE character since 5.0 Eric...ONE!

5.0 and 5.1 are utter failures. You misread your metrics on what players liked to do.

Agree 100% TUXs, 5.0 and 5.1 are utter failures and causing long time players to unsub until they fix the game. Gearing shouldn't be RNG, and points 3 and 5 are dead on we didn't need to run 35 warzones for one piece of low gear.

Yeah no matter how bad this system is, many people got rid of their shells because the 5.0 system it was not needed to keep them. Why punish those for your mess up? Now we have to grind another useless piece at T1 to upgrade? That is absurd with how many games is needed to do so. I strongly recommend reimbursing those, like myself, who got rid of the shells needed to trade in. It is the least you can do :rolleyes:

Agree as well.

They believed it because players accepted the DvL event as legit content.

I'm having a very hard time believing that their metrics reflected this. They would have had to specifically cook them to draw that conclusion. Here's some new ones: How many DvL alts sit at 50? How many were deleted? Once the event ended how many veterans started new characters?

I just read the team response to why they broke bolster. I'm floored with the abject incompetence. Just flabbergasted. EA needs to clean house. There's no other way out of this mess.

-eric

This is absurd. I can only believe it is one of the following scenarios:

1. You are all standing around the office with your fingers in your ears screaming "NAH NAH NAH CAN"T HEAR YOU"

2. You personally are being held hostage to this idiotic show. If so, blink 5 times in a row during tonight's stream so we can send help.

3. None of you actually play your own game and are attempting to redefine the word incompetence. You have NO QA and don't know how to actually listen and respond to people.

4. You can't admit when you are wrong and just don't have the resources to undo the damage you have caused the last couple of months.

5. You guys know you have nothing and are stretching things as far and as long as you can.

Which is it? Maybe it is a little of all of them?

-eric

I don't care if it was an intended change to save us all from paying a subscription in the very soon future and the same goes for a lot of people. You pulled this with the Heroics credits nerf, the added later patch notes (which you promised to never do again- seriously, we're masochists) and were forced to reverse it despite it being 'intended. We are not children, nor are we your employees who have to suffer an inane new policy- we are your subscribers- we pay for this game to keep running and Bolster made PvP skill based and helped alleviate what was an incredibly bad move killing Expertise and a perfectly working gear system that still put skill at the forefront and gear was quickly eliminated as a factor.

It doesn't matter if it wasn't your intention- Bolster worked and it was working well and when you accidentally make something work, intended or unintended- you keep it in place. So it's time to act maturely and instead of insisting that the players who PvP have the subscription required content upended into a giant 'who has the biggest RNG gear lottery or exploit or the deepest credit reserves' and be deprived of what we pay for- reverse this and don't watch the subscriptions rapidly drop... again.

It's not listening to repeat the same insanity, over and over and be surprised people are leaving. Come April, I'm apparently one of them.

Lol. Well this just clarified if I am unsubbing. Anyone know when the stream is? I will watch it, and if there is no mention of at least REDUCING the prices on things. I am done done done. There are quite a few games out there where I can spend my time on at this point. Looking at final fantasy at this point.

Eric, you completely missed the underlying issue with this point ... most of us the won set pieces in the RNG boxes destroyed the shell. So this new "fix" literally is like starting from scratch if we want to use the system to move a piece from Tier 1 to Tier 2.

If this system stays as is, at least give player the shells back in the mail.

Perhaps a short term Vendor to exchange the armour mod for the next tier armour mod with the appropriate amount of unassembled components might resolve this? 1/slot or no more than 7 per character - some sort of safeguard to avoid exploits?