New Cutthroat Dailies!

Kelbun

Are you really defending the clutterfest of the new daily area with the excuse of the Open world pvp? there are better designed pvp areas, like outlaw's den or ilum's contested area. This is just a very small area with lots of objectives, not a true intent to bring your fabled OW PvP to life. Hell, there are no PvP daily missions for the czerka area to begin with!

Bioware could, at least, speed up the spawn rate of the kolto and toxic cans (specially kolto ones).

No there aren't. There's a reason nobody goes there.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On this you and I agree completely. I would rather wait on respawns in the new daily area than do the space missions in this game. But then SWG ruined me for space.

So anyway maybe the frustration with the new area had me spoiling for a fight earlier. I usually try not to get confrontational on the forums. Sorry about that.

And I apologize to anyone else whom I might have been too abrupt with as well.

Apology Accepted Revanaght :csw_vader:

On a serious note no need to apologize Always love to sparring partner in a good debate

• Dev Post
Agreed with the sentiment that it has been a bit too hectic in there this week. During this morning's maintenance we made a behind the scenes configuration change to reduce the number of players per instance here, to help make things a little better until the novelty and rush dies down a bit.

Agreed with the sentiment that it has been a bit too hectic in there this week. During this morning's maintenance we made a behind the scenes configuration change to reduce the number of players per instance here, to help make things a little better until the novelty and rush dies down a bit.

Thank you.

The amount of rudeness, harassment, and objective ninjas were a massive turnoff. This wasn't the best way for some of us to see after taking a break from TOR (darn you summer courses for my college..! [extra points worth it though :cool: )...

I suppose that's a way of solving things a bit, thanks :)

Thanks for that.

Now I might go check it out.

You want MORE of the game in an instance? I'm not sure an MMO is the game you are looking for.

Yes, dailies are already a time sink. There's no point in prolonging the pain by having 8 people simultaneously clicking on the same damn quest item. Only to have one of them get the quest item. It's not fun, and it's a poor design in MMOs to begin with.

Yes, dailies are already a time sink. There's no point in prolonging the pain by having 8 people simultaneously clicking on the same damn quest item. Only to have one of them get the quest item. It's not fun, and it's a poor design in MMOs to begin with.

Just a random thought here...maybe they do this to encourage grouping?!

I hope this doesn't ruin the fun I was having by having the numbers reduced TOO much.

Another thought.... If they wanted to encourage grouping, putting a 2+ on the quest like they have done for other quests designed to be grouped would work better.

Otherwise, I think it's viewed as solo.

Thx for this! Will help this week, won't be an issue later ;P When the first rush dies down, it will be the new Black Hole, fastest way to grind some quick cash without useless travelling.

Another thought.... If they wanted to encourage grouping, putting a 2+ on the quest like they have done for other quests designed to be grouped would work better.

This way, you have the option of solo. Grouping just makes it faster and easier. of course; that is always the case, just some people need to have it spelled out for them I guess.

Grouping with random strangers in an MMO?

This has been a way to solve this issue (regarding dailies) since the Black Hole section was introduced. Why would anyone start doing it now?

I believe the 2+ is meant to indicate a level of difficulty.

Grouping with people doing the exact same thing you are, so things can be done more efficiently, seems to be common sense.

Grouping with random strangers in an MMO?

This has been a way to solve this issue (regarding dailies) since the Black Hole section was introduced. Why would anyone start doing it now?

I know I know...it's not the way things 'normally' work...but in that moment when you're pressed for time, it 'might' work...just a suggestion ;)

I believe the 2+ is meant to indicate a level of difficulty.

Grouping with people doing the exact same thing you are, so things can be done more efficiently, seems to be common sense.

100% correct!!! :) Great reply!

Good to know, I'll check it out today

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to respond to the thread and the comments within. Knowing that the devs are listening to legitimate complaints does wonders for my personal piece of mind, and I appreciate the effort.

LOL; I was going to say the same thing. It really helps make a fast zone even faster by simply forming a 4-man group and obliterating everything in your path (enemy players included :cool:). I ran CZ-198 once on day 1 with a guild mate, and it was quick and easy. It's a fun place, and I really like the area with GTN, cargo hold, guild bank, and mail access all in the same place!

Are you really defending the clutterfest of the new daily area with the excuse of the Open world pvp? there are better designed pvp areas, like outlaw's den or ilum's contested area. This is just a very small area with lots of objectives, not a true intent to bring your fabled OW PvP to life. Hell, there are no PvP daily missions for the czerka area to begin with!

Bioware could, at least, speed up the spawn rate of the kolto and toxic cans (specially kolto ones).

No they're arn't Outlaw's Den is out of the way and far too large of a map. Imperials and republic players can run around that area all day and never see each other. And if you are talking about the Original Ilum contested area it was far worse in size. Also Ilum had the "fight club" issue where players on opposite faction just traded kills with each other in order to complete the objective and get the rewards.

That's the main issue with objective OWPvP mixed with individual rewards. Putting individual rewards in an uncontrollable environment means either 2 things. 1. The fight club senario as I described above. Or leads to faction imbalance where one side will just spam the re spawn point of the other preventing them from completing their objective

This at least takes aways the objectives and allows those that want to fight fight in a close area where they can easily jump back in the battle

Mmm...

The issue of open areas with common objectives is not unique to SWTOR, just about all the games I had played in the past has this problem, some more than others.

I had suggested a "switch" similar to the one used at flashpoints between regular and hard modes, to be made for dailies, so when you go to the box to get your daily missions, you get a choice for open world or instanced. This way if you want privacy for your group and yourself or even just yourself you can go the instanced route, if you enjoy the company of strangers and the help of a good samaritan, while risking having y our objectives whisked before your eyes, and having to wait for other player's leftovers, then go the open world route. No harm, no foul this way, and we all can enjoy the game.

For myself, I would go instanced, and be able to do my daily in peace and take my time and actually enjoy them, as opposed to be in ar at race with the other players to get the only 5 named mobs in the entire zone to complete the mission...

Sue

It's kind of a bummer to hear that they are making adjustments. I had hoped that this design indicated a move towards encouraging OWPvP and more cooperation between players in the elder game content. Seems like the things I liked about it were simply unintentional byproducts of the design. Hopefully we can still see a good amount of OWPvP and the numbers haven't been reduced so much as to make it feel like a single player game like it does on Belsavis and the Black Hole and such. It's nice seeing other players and having to work together to achieve objectives. I'll have to see how it works out when I get on later tonight.