Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to add that I'm not going to be blowing up his Twitter page. I want to get his attention, not get blocked. :p

Are using you SGRA or same-gender/sex romance? Virtually no one outside of this thread knows what SGRA stands for, so I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Hood was reading his morning twits going "SGRA? ***? What's this person trying to sell me?"

Yes, the philosophy of setting one's expectations low enough so as not to be disappointed is a hard one to live by - it is great to see the expectations exceeded, ever more depressing to see them met.

Edit: Oh wow, they censor double-u tee eff. That's actually impressive.

Edited by Tatile

Seems intact. Still, it's pretty shameful it's all we've got to go on, after a year.

Thanks. I have no idea why I couldn't access it last night, but I came to a "this video doesn't exist" page.

Edited by Uluain

Omg he answered!

Hall Hood ‏@hallhood

(1 of 2) To all the folks who have been expressing interest in SGRs, here is the official word from Gabe Amatangelo:

(2 of 2) When I can share more information, I will let you know. Writing romances is one of my favorite things about working on SWTOR. :-)

the vid is the same one we saw before

Good catch, Ixum, thanks!

Okay - so add this to the confirmed list: SGRs are still on the way, and are slated to come with the rest of the story content coming with Makeb!

The SGR clarifications thread: pulling needles from haystacks since January 17. :)

Omg he answered!

Hall Hood ‏@hallhood

(1 of 2) To all the folks who have been expressing interest in SGRs, here is the official word from Gabe Amatangelo:

(2 of 2) When I can share more information, I will let you know. Writing romances is one of my favorite things about working on SWTOR. :-)

lol, so they had to either fire/sanction the guy for (perhaps) unknowingly saying more than he should have, or make it official. Through Twitter :rolleyes:. I'm glad is the latter. I bet Gabe does too.

Anyway, this is good news :)

Okay - so add this to the confirmed list: SGRs are still on the way, and are slated to come with the rest of the story content coming with Makeb!

Wow! They came up with the only way to interest me in Makeb!

Also, I've been reading this thread since I signed up for SWTOR and I think I've only commented once. So I really want to say that everybody who comments here regularly is incredible. I think I speak for every lurker out there when I say you guys and gals (and others) are all very cool and I can't say how impressed I am with your dedication.

Wow! They came up with the only way to interest me in Makeb!

Also, I've been reading this thread since I signed up for SWTOR and I think I've only commented once. So I really want to say that everybody who comments here regularly is incredible. I think I speak for every lurker out there when I say you guys and gals (and others) are all very cool and I can't say how impressed I am with your dedication.

Dedication, obsessive compulsion... call it what you will. ;) Your 500,000+ views give this topic as much weight as anything we can post. I'm glad we can help keep the facts up to date.

Omg he answered!

Hall Hood ‏@hallhood

n00b, here... where's the actual tweet for the "(1 of 2)" bit ? I can find the "(2 of 2)", but not the other. I just don't know how to navigate that damn thing. :rolleyes:

Omg he answered!

Hall Hood ‏@hallhood

So we definitely might be seeing SGRA's with Makeb, which we may or may not have to pay for and which may or may not be coming out this year. Well that's something at least. Still it would be nice to get an actual announcement, rather than some stuff on Twitter.

So we definitely might be seeing SGRA's with Makeb, which we may or may not have to pay for and which may or may not be coming out this year. Well that's something at least. Still it would be nice to get an actual announcement, rather than some stuff on Twitter.

Well, we have inferred that they are under some pretty strict limits as to what they are allowed to discuss. And to his credit, Hall also added, in a follow-up tweet:

I know it's frustrating to wait for answers, but be assured we're not ignoring our SGR fans.

It's coming. No knowing when exactly we'll even see 1.4, much less when Makeb will make it down the chute... but if it isn't this calendar year, at least we know it's on the way. First official confirmation from developers since March and, while the wait still sucks, that's a good thing.

hello,

I did post here twice, and I have to say these news are absolutely incredible. So we will get our wish come true.

Just one question. Who is Makeb?? is he going to be a new character to play?? so this means that my beloved Ceriddwen won't get a romance option?? :( that is sad....

of will he be a new NPC?? what about the ones who are already lvl 50?? so many questions...

thanks

Omg he answered!

Hall Hood ‏@hallhood

Haha, I'm glad that unsure/unofficial statement is now the official statement :)

Just one question. Who is Makeb?? is he going to be a new character to play?? so this means that my beloved Ceriddwen won't get a romance option?? :( that is sad....

of will he be a new NPC?? what about the ones who are already lvl 50?? so many questions...

thanks

Makeb is a whole new planet/storyline and will introduce an increase in the level cap.

So far, there are no new companions planned for that besides possibly the HK droid...which probably won't be the SGRA option.

Edited by stuffystuffs

hello,

I did post here twice, and I have to say these news are absolutely incredible. So we will get our wish come true.

thanks

Makeb's a planet with endgame content.

hello,

thanks

Makeb is a new planet they are introducing, some time in the near future, which will include story progression along with new missions and so on. Details at this point are scarce. They tend not to let a lot out in advance.

As far as we can infer from what we have been told to date, there will be same-gender romances available with some existing companions. We don't know which, or how those will be tied it. There are a lot of unanswered questions still. But we do now know, definitively, that SGRs have not been scrapped and are on the way, in spite of what some doomsayers have supposed. :)

So far, there are no new companions planned for that besides possibly the HK droid...which probably won't be the SGRA option.

HK-51: "Target acquired. Initiating hostilities."

Me: "I've got a bad feeling about this..."

:D

Edited by Uluain

I've lurked and occasionally posted in this thread since the beginning and am delighted at how the community has stuck with it. :)

I told myself I would wait, but that totally didn't work and so I started a male Agent recently... Despite being bummed out about not being able to romance Vector, recent news in this thread has brightened my day! Hopefully it won't be too much longer now.

Sitting here fantasizing about SGRA and playing around with photoshop... please tell me if this is off topic or totally out of line. This might contain small inquisitor spoilers

If you ever have any fantasies about male Agent and Vector please feel free to share! Your work is always fabulous by the way. ;)

Edited by AelixVII

Yeah - I was having a bitter, grumpy day when I posted that poll, and I still remain critical of policies I infer to be in place that restrict how the developers or community team can respond to player issues – particularly where those have resulted in the appearance of this subject being stuck in a corner and ignored.

But I think I am seeing cracks in the ice or, at the very least, indications that those in the know do genuinely realize how frustrating our wait has been. I think pointing out how the situation has been problematic may have helped. But today we do have a happy turn of events, which I am taking as a sign of better things to come.

Remember, they have 4.1 to release, then F2P, then another warzone and who knows what all, or when Makeb is coming after that. I don't expect to hear a lot. It is nice, however, to occasionally hear something, and better when it is something definite. :)

Yeah - I was having a bitter, grumpy day when I posted that poll, and I still remain critical of policies I infer to be in place that restrict how the developers or community team can respond to player issues – particularly where those have resulted in the appearance of this subject being stuck in a corner and ignored.

But I think I am seeing cracks in the ice or, at the very least, indications that those in the know do genuinely realize how frustrating our wait has been.

I did find it interesting that Mr. Hood said "we have not been ignoring" people who want SGRA's - they have a funny way of showing interest, not saying a damn thing for months on end except for the occasional "soon".

Evidently Mr. Hood and I have very different definitions of ignoring people.

I did find it interesting that Mr. Hood said "we have not been ignoring" people who want SGRA's - they have a funny way of showing interest, not saying a damn thing for months on end except for the occasional "soon".

Evidently Mr. Hood and I have very different definitions of ignoring people.

I suppose there's a difference between ignoring someone, and simply not showing that you're paying attention.

Frankly we've seen no indication to date that they're NOT doing the former - ie. we've repeatedly voiced very clear and specific concerns that they could indeed address, even if it's to say 'About THIS matter: we're not sure/can't say yet,' and they haven't so much as made mention of them. The closest we got was the Guild Summit when the specific concept of turning off gender check flags was addressed (but frankly that's an obvious imperfect 'solution' and may have had nothing to do with this thread at all). Until the matters stated here are addressed we have no proof they're not ignoring us.

However, they're essentially claiming, 'Oh, we're paying attention, we're just choosing not to answer any of your questions,' which really doesn't speak any better of them.

Glad to have 'the official word' (which is that the PvP lead thinks but isn't sure that there's 'some content' coming with Makeb - the best Gabe could say, I'm sure, but as 'official words' go it's pretty damn flimsy), but my personal suggestion to Hall Hood would be to recognise that nobody at Bioware AT ALL has given us solid confirmation AND evidence that this thread or any of its kind are being looked at, that our concerns are being weighed.

Loose lips, as they say, sink ships*.

* = In this case, 'Oh, we're paying attention, we're listening, honest,' means nothing if our concerns aren't addressed with us, and could seriously damage morale further.

Edited by Kioma