New build 27/2/12

Yadeniel

I will continue playing hybrid, If Bioware wants us to play full darkness then improve the deepest skills of the tree, dont nerf hybrids even more.

My new build is http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rIrokbskbZbZf0cMb.1 , i still doubt in some talents but im testing these ones, it could be better to get stealth detection instead of endurance.. and such things.

2 point in maul is enough to get procs constantly

2 points in harnessed darkness makes u stronger in 1vs1 (till the good players figure how to evade it)

2 points in improved trash dmg from madness for maximize dmg output, being one of my 2 main attacks..

Still, i would like raze back 100000times, was really fun :(, darkness is 2 button now. (with 2 points in maul i try to have a more funny rotation, but maul lacks some dmg to be honest)

I can't agree with you more. Nerfing hybrid builds is ridiculous, especially when some other class can still use them. At the end of the day, we play the game, not devs so BW , please don't do silly changes like that.

In regards to your build, I would take out 2 points out from Duplicity and put in Dark Embrace.

Trash is one of your main spammable attack and with 25% force regeneration, to reset Shock as often as it can be, that sounds like a better help to you, instead to position yourself for Maul. You won't be always behind the target, will you???

Ok, this is just my thoughts about it, you may disagree :-)

Edited by Kasyos

Nah, dark embrace only affects our regen while in stealth and 6seconds after leaving it, not worth it imo. With maul, well... at least i have 1button more to presh now that death field and creeping death are gone :(, and sometimes it crits for 3k.

Just check the Sorcer forums, their hybrids specs owns, there are even some of em that run with TRY spec lol. GG Bioware, as always :)

Nah, dark embrace only affects our regen while in stealth and 6seconds after leaving it, not worth it imo. With maul, well... at least i have 1button more to presh now that death field and creeping death are gone :(, and sometimes it crits for 3k.

Just check the Sorcer forums, their hybrids specs owns, there are even some of em that run with TRY spec lol. GG Bioware, as always :)

Hybrid specs that work just means works for now before upcoming nerf.

FYI,you only need 1 pnt in maul to get the proc easily.

On the build in general, its ok, nothing more, 31 pnt darkness or madness are both better, but you wanna lpay hybrid so its ok.

Unless you are tanking then a hybrid build with death field still far outweighs going 31 darkness. Thrash 50% crit (combined with 15% crit rate from pve gear) and death field nuke with 30m range.

Harnessed darkness is ok for making up force when you run dry, but it gets interrupted far too often.

Edited by Lowerydro

Unless you are tanking then a hybrid build with death field still far outweighs going 21 darkness. Thrash 50% crit (combined with 15% crit rate from pve gear) and death field nuke with 30m range.

Harnessed darkness is ok for making up force when you run dry, but it gets interrupted far too often.

I thought HD useless without Wither?

Personally I tried 27/2/12 and I find 23/1/17 to be a much better replacement for 23/0/18. Yes you lose raze which seemed to hardly ever proc for me anyway, but you get Maul procs quite often even with only 1 point in it, so I simply replace Crushing Darkness with Maul. Maul provides massive burst anyway so it helps a lot. I tried 31/0/10, 27/2/12, 27/0/14, and 23/1/17 after the patch and I found 23/1/17 to be the 'best', for me anyway.

See I don't understand all the hate for Harnessed Darkness/ Wither. I understand wanting to try and find hybrid builds to feel "Unique" but those skills are just amazing.

I played around with both the suggested spec and 23-18 and didn't like it either. Basically as a long time tank EVERYTHING about Wither appeals to me. 5% damage reduction, slow which when stacked with a knockback (On trash mobs) limits the damage I take quite a bit, and the fact that it's an AOE High threat ability. Finally it helps me stack harnessed darkness quickly for my self heal.

I guess what I'm looking for is just some SOLID reasoning as to why NOT to spec it?

The best argument I usually get is, 23-18 does more damage, which would be nice if I had any threat issues.