Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Bandelederen

You know, I wish I leveled a Sentinel/Maurader or BH/Trooper instead of Smuggler. Because what my Scoundrel's Shoot First does to one target out of stealth, their AoEs do to groups of players, out of stealth, on command, and from 30m away (for Troopers/BHs). Not to mention their numerous bubbles and shields.

Um... No?

Why group Sents/Maras in with BHs/Troopers? They're not even close to equal in power level.

You negate your entire statement by making idiotic comparisons like this. Maras can't do this 'massive AoE' you speak of, even in Melee. Rage specced Maras can get one giant Smash hit which can crit sure, but in the grand scheme of things, if you don't think killing someone outright is more effective than throwing out some AoE you're just a terrible PvPer and you don't get it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the consumeables that need a nerf, just because our nerf meshes well with the trinket + biochem + 15% expertise, doesnt make the class OP. Maybe you need to comeback after the 50 bracket exists and the consumeables get nerfed.

I play on a "Very Heavy" pre-launch server (Hyperspace Cannon I think is the name, don't really look).

I do not use the consumables, and my expertise is not that high.

This server was a head-start server, so it has some high levels with a decent amount of expertise.

If you are a level 50, even if a good deal of PvP armor, if I find you alone, chances are I'll kill you, of course, unless they are using the Biochem consumables, then it can be close.

It isn't JUSt the trinket/Biochem/expertise.

Edit: Forgot to mention. Looked today. I have "Decent" gear. Nothing special. With the IA buff, I have just under 40% crit rate, with a surge of I believe around 80% (don't quote me on the second number). That's with I believe 2 pieces of PvP gear and a bunch of modded orange.

Edited by Halbe

Um... No?

Why group Sents/Maras in with BHs/Troopers? They're not even close to equal in power level.

You negate your entire statement by making idiotic comparisons like this. Maras can't do this 'massive AoE' you speak of, even in Melee. Rage specced Maras can get one giant Smash hit which can crit sure, but in the grand scheme of things, if you don't think killing someone outright is more effective than throwing out some AoE you're just a terrible PvPer and you don't get it.

Is this a joke?

The main DPS from the Focus/SW equivalent is Force Sweep, which is a guaranteed crit every 15 seconds, for 6k+ when geared.

The problem isn't just one class, it's the inflated numbers that BW unfortunately decided to use in TOR. Damage is just way too high for all classes. PvP is nothing like how they described it would be. Any class can wreck you in seconds.

I have a long history with locks in wow. They defended their class exactly like you do when they were overpowered. It was always an issue of lrn2play, noob. Then, suddenly, when rogues started eating them up they started singing a different toon. Lotta that going on in this thread.

Yup,

If you take away my broken skill, ill be useless, is not a reason to not fix something.

Ive pioneered broken builds in other pvp games... i loved my broken OP Mage Assassin toon inshadowbane, because i invented it and nobody thought to do it before i did ;)

It was a melee/weapon proc based dual wield, throwing daggers, mage assassin that would kill anyone if 2 procs went off.. which usually took less than 3 seconds to kill max geared tank with the sub skills which i took.

Shadowbane was truely hardcore PVP, moreso than the "no risk" pvp of SWTOR...ppl lost gear and inventory when they died.

Laying waste to people with a broken OP class didnt make me a good pvper, nor did it make my targets bad ones.

It just happens that any idiot could play my broken class using that combo, once the initial build was discovered and the right gear to exploit it was made. It was just a lot worse when a half competant player, like me, did...and at that point it became an unbeatable build because the burst damage was so lethal...and it was done from stealth...meaning people died before they could react.

Unmitigated burst damage, from stealth, against all classes is simply broken because it becomes the only thing thats needed to win...

It was as true then as it is now.. the 1 shot wonder burst damage is broken. Im gonna enjoy my OP OP while it lasts, but i wont cry when its patched..

Edited by blackadda

Until yesterday I thought all the complains were ppl unhappy with their own class until I found an Operative that was well geared, speced and probably using buffs....

I couldn't drop 15% of his help in 4 times that we met in Hutball, he was killing everyone and I was chasing him.

Basically as a melee class I can't get close enough, they stun, slow and root.

They basically can cc you all they want, cause ridiculous amount of dmg in a short period of time and they can vanish before you can kill they.

They are the nemesis of any melee class, actually in this game all classes are nemesis of melee.

Is this a joke?

The main DPS from the Focus/SW equivalent is Force Sweep, which is a guaranteed crit every 15 seconds, for 6k+ when geared.

The problem isn't just one class, it's the inflated numbers that BW unfortunately decided to use in TOR. Damage is just way too high for all classes. PvP is nothing like how they described it would be. Any class can wreck you in seconds.

So going a garbage AoE spec to get one 6k crit every 15 seconds is worth it?

No. It's 1 6k crit every 15 seconds, it hardly amounts to killing a player whenever you want. You're seriously delusional if you think otherwise.

Go watch the video below and say that operatives aren't the only peopel doing that much damage at 50.

Just need to have gear and know what ur doing. rofl

I'm just going to link this anytime someone says Scoundrels/Operatives are overpowered. The AOE 5k crit was what really sealed the deal.

I'm just going to link this anytime someone says Scoundrels/Operatives are overpowered. The AOE 5k crit was what really sealed the deal.

*Yawn* A level 50 Champion AoEing a bunch of low levels in a PvP video really makes an OP class, sure. PvP videos are designed to make a player look good. A level 10 could post a video that made him look amazing.

Oh the power of editing.

Try this one...

Several instrances of a PVP geared 50's being dropped in 3 seconds by a 50 operative..

at least we have one Operative/Smuggler who isnt in denial about the class needing a major nerf ;)

there will be no major nerf, im afraid you'll have to l2p your own class

More Denial. I wonder who needs to L2P more... the Operative who thinks that his class is overpowered and needs a nerf or the one who thinks it's fine and balanced...

I will say one thing, there aren't a giant number of threads on the front page of the PvP forum calling for nerfs on any class except Operatives/Scoundrels.

Everyone else sees it, why are you so blind?

More Denial. I wonder who needs to L2P more... the Operative who thinks that his class is overpowered and needs a nerf or the one who thinks it's fine and balanced...

I will say one thing, there aren't a giant number of threads on the front page of the PvP forum calling for nerfs on any class except Operatives/Scoundrels.

cry all you want, there will be no nerf at this stage

umad ? :D

Edited by Shortcake

With rated warzones coming out, I rolled the actual OP class to replace my scoundrel in case of a kneejerk nerf(yaknow the one that makes them beyond useless).

Heavy Armor: Yes please

High Damage: Yes Please

The Best AoE Knockback: Yes that too please

A second Knockback: Wait why didn't i roll this first

1:30 CC removal: WUT?

A BFG: Seriously?

I think the nerf order will be, OP/Scoundrels, Sage/Sorcs, Shadow/Assassins, BH/Troopers, and Then Warrior/Knights. Just trying to stay three steps ahead.

And then once we remove all the burst in the game we can whine about healers again and how no one can kill them. And then just before they nerf Knights I can respec and have my trooper healing just before the healing nerf.

Edit: I wonder if bioware will tell everyone to play something other than DPS. I can tell you something. Full champion gear and I generally crit for around 4-5k on sorcs. I open up on a sorc healer, fight goes on for a while, tank guards him, taunts me. Just after that I dirty kick after the resovle bar empties, disappearing act into another opener. Yeah critted him for a whopping 900ish damage. Fun times.

Edited by Kyrandis

Operatives are too strong when they get the jump on u.

I'm a lvl 50 with some Champion's gear and my health goes down 60% after the initial stun.

This was not even another lvl 50 hitting me... it was a 32.

Operatives need to have their damage reduced and stun duration cut short.

Edited by Reeny

Video of a jedi shadow doing 6.2k backstabs with 6.6k white hits right after.

Except jedi shadow has much more defense, gap closers and utility than we do.

THere is also a video on the forum of a sentinal doing 7k force sweeps AoE.

Its not scoundrels that are OP its the Consumables with trinkets stacking.

I hope for the games sake their is. I just cancelled my subscription and gave operative/scoundrel as the primary reason, along with hitboxing being messed up (10 yds mellee hits any1?) and abilty lag.

I'll subscribe after they fix the balance. Go figure.

Stealth classes are always the ones people scream NERFFFF! at. You ever play an MMO before?

I hope for the games sake their is. I just cancelled my subscription and gave operative/scoundrel as the primary reason, along with hitboxing being messed up (10 yds mellee hits any1?) and abilty lag.

I'll subscribe after they fix the balance. Go figure.

Gonna go ahead and just say you are a bad making a knee jerk reaction. Honestly the pvp is relatively balanced, there are a few specs that need some tweaking, but nothing major and certainly nothing major for Op/Scoundrel. When everyone is running around with 16k+ HP(and I promise you you will be after a couple weeks at 50) the 4.3k burst an Op/scoundrel hits you for with your expertise gear won't feel like its that much. You and the other people like you are having knee jerk reactions because you are either sub 50 getting hit by an op/scoundrel with expertise gear, or a fresh 50 with the same issue, and freak out because some one owned you.

Patience? forget that! That guy killed me he is totally OP screw seeing how the gear fixes the issue! Swear forums are nothing but a bunch of whining 5 year olds with no clue what they are doing. I dearly hope bioware ignores posts like this, later when everyone has 16k+ hp and expertise gear and ops/scoundrels are opening for 3k backstab/blasting for 2k because they listened to whiners and nerfed them without waiting for the gear to equalize them they will be a total joke and free kill.

Edited by GrinNfool

The problem isn't Operative or damage, the problem is HEALING.

I'm playing a healing Operative, and I have a slightly lower level healing Merc. And this is true with quite a few classes.

If I get a Marauder on top of my Operative healer, I can live for a little while as I pop my two defensive CDs, or I can try to escape with the cloak, but I cannot just stand there and outheal his damaage. Same goes for a Merc that spams tracers and then does a heatseeker/unload/rail combo when I'm debuffed.

Healing in this game, especially in PvP, needs some serious changes to make it attractive. I mean, look at the medals. Healers get absolutely SHAFTED in the medals department. We get what, one for a 2.5k+ heal and one for 75k and what else? Nothing. Meanwhile, DPS classes get one for a kill, one for solo kill, one for 10 kills, one for 20 kills, one for 75k damage, etc. Most matches as DPS you get 5+ without even trying. As a tank, you get 7+ just for keeping guard up on people.

As a healer I have abandon my chosen role and go on a killing spree mid-match just to get the same commendations as a tracer-missile-spamming moron.

Now, i only healed on my sorc. But your just doing something wrong ;)

You can easily get killing blow, 10/25 kills. Even a solo kill.

300k+ healing 5k heal, defender points.. I usually gets around 7medals as a healer.. Stop whining and improve, sorry.

Now, i only healed on my sorc. But your just doing something wrong ;)

You can easily get killing blow, 10/25 kills. Even a solo kill.

300k+ healing 5k heal, defender points.. I usually gets around 7medals as a healer.. Stop whining and improve, sorry.

If these were equal geared lvl 50's doing it fair play, but lvl 40's are doing it just as easy and I'm level 50 with a couple champion pieces, It just shouldn't be like that. The ability delay/lag issues just accentuate the problem. I'm getting disheartened more and more and I've played mmo's for many years. I just don't want to pay to get upset. Both 1v1 and group pvp need to have some balance imo and a level 50 operative with equal gear really facerolls me. I'm sure I would do the same if I had rolled this class. I doubt I'm the only one who's had this reaction and it's this reaction that will get noticed more than pointing it out on these forums I think($$$).

If people ain't happy they just wont play I guess and I'm not very happy. Got 10 days play time left, I'll make some videos. I do know how to play but you will see me getting dropped in 3-4 seconds even when I trinket the stun.

And this

An honest operative showing how easily he destroys everybody. some 10 levels lower pretty much do this to my lvl 50 sorc, only replace the 5k crits with 4k, still down me in a few seconds.

If this isn't enough to stop the l2p comments comming from some of you then you clearly just want to remain OP...