tactical flashpoints or worst fp ever.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do that, but only if people rudely insist that I press spacebar. If you ask first if people would like to skip and nobody else in the group says they would like to watch the cutscenes, then I will skip too (assuming I have seen them) but if you just outright INSIST that I press spacebar... then yes, I very much will wait until the last second to respond. When someone assumes, they... well look it up... it's an old saying about what happens when you assume.

Heh, I don't tend to respond well when people are rude about skipping either. I will usually suggest it politely at the beginning of the FP. If everyone agrees, great. If not, ah well, I guess I'll watch the cutscenes again. But when someone starts screaming SPACEEEEBARRRRRR!!!!! I usually make a point to NOT spacebar, and take as long to decide my conversation choices as possible.

I actually had someone cancel the convo in the new one because I wasn't skipping through it on my first time through. Amusingly enough, if he had waited even 5 seconds longer, it would have been over. He then said that he would continue to cancel it everytime until we all started skipping. A second later, he was kicked.

Just remember, they build this s**t instead of an new operation and we are stuck with Nightmare DF/DP until at least June (or August more likely).

And they couldn’t even bother to come up with a decent HM version. What was wrong about Lost Island before they nerfed it to the ground??

Had 2 runs of this and did enjoy them both, was very easy in a group of us 3 healers and a dps 55th levels and we ended up splitting up and doing bits seperately to speed it up even more. End boss was easy enough but nothing dropped or worth getting with rep to go back again and again for sure.

Picked this up on my 32nd level tank BUT there was 4 of us, tanks, and this was a real challenge as you could see people not used to rotating strike and getting all their healing just given to them, was fun and we worked around it and in the end were all pleased. Id hope not to find all tanks if i go in again but will ride it for the good xp it seemed to provide in a mix with the other fp;s as queues as a tank are so short im sticking with pve and its a great change from pvp....been fed up with that long time. Its another fp thrown nicely into the mix as you go along.

Speaking of the bosses, I've done five runs, and got the jedi/sith four times. He seems to be specifically designed to irritate everyone.

One other thing. Who decided to call it a TACTICAL FP? There is no tactics, no strategy, no roles. Just straight up DPS. Aside from running for medstations during the bosses.

I soloed a bit with my 55 conc op (and then some lowbie alts in GF), and I do think Tactical is an appropriate name.

1) The mobs don't come close to one-shotting or overkilling.

2) The rooms are very wide open, and there are lots of los obstacles.

3) Many trash mobs have healers.

While soloing, if I had just tried to "stand and deliver", I would have died. But by picking targets carefully (e.g., healers first), focusing a few down, and then pulling back (kiting/LOSing), I was able to win. To me, that's tactical.

I got the Jedi on my 23 Rage Jugg, and it was hell, but he didn't do much damage. So, yeah, there was a lot of following him around (and no advance knowledge of his behavior, so no plan before the party attacked), but I found that, even as DPS Jugg, I could do damage, then run to a Kolto station, then Taunt him to me (we had no specced tank), and we whittled him down.

Yeah, it takes longer than just overgearing and hitting the boss with a perfect party comp, but I think that random party comp (as opposed to perfect trinity comp) does make it tactical -- you can't just use a memorized rotation, you have to adapt to who is in your party, and which bosses you get.

Just remember, they build this s**t instead of an new operation and we are stuck with Nightmare DF/DP until at least June (or August more likely).

And they couldn’t even bother to come up with a decent HM version. What was wrong about Lost Island before they nerfed it to the ground??

The people playing it were what was wrong. Not that anything's really changed :/

Role-neutrality as one possiblity is great, shorter waiting times for DPS. However, why bolster. I just hate it. Whats point of being geared if we are bolstered anyway, and I really hope that bolster is removed.

Another thing is why to take Czerka FP SMs away, I dont want to play my favs with stupid bolster.

Good idea, but BW sucked it with that no level req thingy. IMO game would be better without it:(

Point is that you (let's say you are level 27) can do it with your level 15, level 39 and level 54 friends.

One other thing. Who decided to call it a TACTICAL FP? There is no tactics, no strategy, no roles. Just straight up DPS. Aside from running for medstations during the bosses.

Just because people aren't using tactics doesn't mean it's not tactical. I ran for the first time on my Sorc healer. Everyone went in at the beginning all Leeroy Jenkins and AOEing like a free-for-all. Well, that didn't go too well. We eventually settled into one DPS "tanking", me healing & off-DPSing. We probably would have had a better time had we smartly CC'd.

They probably tuned this expecting a 4-man DPS group, as they are the ones with the longest queue times. These, I get the impression, were supposed to alleviate that complaint. Of course it gets wonky when you have 2 DPS 2 heals, or 4 tanks (hey, stop hogging all the tanks!), but those groups should be the 1-in-64.893 statistic, not the norm. On the bright side, it gives non-DPS a chance to DPS responsibly, or a chance to try a different build, etc.

Can it be improved? Of course! I would like to see more use of tactics, even for 4 DPS - controlled CC, use of abilities, LOS & terrain. I also would hate to see it become a WoW-inspired AOE-fest, with no thought to anything else.

This is probably a test run of the new system. More improvements will come, no doubt. Including a HM, maybe some of those tactical elements, better rewards. They're likely monitoring how it's received, and tweak from there.

I soloed a bit with my 55 conc op (and then some lowbie alts in GF), and I do think Tactical is an appropriate name.

1) The mobs don't come close to one-shotting or overkilling.

2) The rooms are very wide open, and there are lots of los obstacles.

3) Many trash mobs have healers.

While soloing, if I had just tried to "stand and deliver", I would have died. But by picking targets carefully (e.g., healers first), focusing a few down, and then pulling back (kiting/LOSing), I was able to win. To me, that's tactical.

I got the Jedi on my 23 Rage Jugg, and it was hell, but he didn't do much damage. So, yeah, there was a lot of following him around (and no advance knowledge of his behavior, so no plan before the party attacked), but I found that, even as DPS Jugg, I could do damage, then run to a Kolto station, then Taunt him to me (we had no specced tank), and we whittled him down.

Yeah, it takes longer than just overgearing and hitting the boss with a perfect party comp, but I think that random party comp (as opposed to perfect trinity comp) does make it tactical -- you can't just use a memorized rotation, you have to adapt to who is in your party, and which bosses you get.

If it was a 50+ FP I would probably like it better. (I haven't tried it with my 55 yet) But the hardest part is that it is available from 15+. With a team of semi-experienced 55s, yeah, you can kite things, and actually use tactics depending on your team composition. You can have reasonable expectations of them (hopefully). And obviously, the same goes for soloing it.

But with random low levels, chances are that most of them don't have the experience, knowledge, and powers for that to work. You can make suggestions, but they either won't listen, don't know enough to understand the plan, or don't have powers to make it work. They don't adapt to party composition. They just run in and kill things, then yell at each other when they die. Which means it really is down to just hitting the mob/boss until it dies, while frantically trying to keep the others alive.

The mobs are also too close together for new players that don't know how to avoid pulling extras. A single overload/force wave and you are suddenly facing two elites, 6 strongs, and an assortment of normals. With a healer and tank who know what they are doing, that's doable. With a level 15 sage, two 30ish gunslingers, and a 26 sentinel, three of which are on their first character? Not a chance. It just wasn't designed for people new to group combat / flashpoints, unlike HS or Athiss. If it was, say, 35-54, it would work a lot better.

Like I said, I can see the 55 version being decent, but as I understand it only drops basic comms, it's not very useful for endgame players, and quite frankly, there are plenty of FPs for when you first get to 50-55, and far less for after you start playing 55 HM or Ops. I'll still be doing it on whatever leveling character I am using that day, but probably just once for the extra planetary comms from GF.

I like it as an idea, but I just feel they didn't implement it properly at all. I do approve of the randomized zones/bosses though. Makes it far less repetitive.

Point is that you (let's say you are level 27) can do it with your level 15, level 39 and level 54 friends.

Yeah but I just love to see my numbers increase trough I gain levels and gear, with boster none of it matters. This feels more like party-no real challenge minigame than real flashpoint. But its ok for leveling and it doesn't need to be played , it can just be ignored, so... guess its ok

Yeah but I just love to see my numbers increase trough I gain levels and gear, with boster none of it matters. This feels more like party-no real challenge minigame than real flashpoint. But its ok for leveling and it doesn't need to be played , it can just be ignored, so... guess its ok

They're bolstered for the short time you're in there. Since there are different levels doing the same content at once, do you really want to whack on something, say, 20+ levels above some people? A level 23 DPS would not be able to hit something level 40, and would likely get creamed/one shotted.

Of course this may not be to your liking, which is fine since it's not mandatory. But this will probably work out for lots of other people.

What could be wrong with content that require full coordination put in GF/PUG :D

Try to PUG EC 16 NiM for example.

Nerf was stupid idea ever but we still have no working system of NiM FP...

OPs

Majority of player can't even go in HM DF/DP what to speak about NiM.

If they make new OP/s on same route - to need DP/DF rewards and be harder they will successfully cut above 90% of population from content at least for 6 months (most probably till level cap rise and maybe even then - EC NIM).

This "crap" is perfect leveling tool... nothing more, nothing less.

It is not for hardcore elitists, it is for leveling majority.

Only thing they could do better would be some forcing of kill order and interrupt usage so leveling ones could learn something.

The majority of players can have their bolstered leveling experience on storymode. Thats what is for, thats why i solo it or dont touch it at all after playing it once.

But whats preventing them from building a nightmarish Hardmode version of Kuyat for 55 players? You dont have to put in on the Group finder, just add some BIS loot and people will line up to play. So much wasted potential.

I'm lightyears away from being a top player when it comes to progression raiding and my raid will have to invest a lot of time to clear the new nightmare content. But even we would like to have something remotley challenging besides two or three bosses in DF/DP.

Endless Repgrind is no challenge.

I didnt read all the pages but i wanna add it's too effin short!

Feels like I just walk in a room, pewpew, another, pewpew, click on stuff, then some idiot just do the autoassembly, pewpew again, boss (finally!) and... oh it's finished already?? 'dafkinhell!?

The majority of players can have their bolstered leveling experience on storymode. Thats what is for, thats why i solo it or dont touch it at all after playing it once.

But whats preventing them from building a nightmarish Hardmode version of Kuyat for 55 players? You dont have to put in on the Group finder, just add some BIS loot and people will line up to play. So much wasted potential.

I'm lightyears away from being a top player when it comes to progression raiding and my raid will have to invest a lot of time to clear the new nightmare content. But even we would like to have something remotley challenging besides two or three bosses in DF/DP.

Endless Repgrind is no challenge.

Yes and No ... HM is meant to be first quality check, if you want BiS and real challenge we need NiM FPs.

I still want to see pre nerf LI tuned for 55 with 66/69s gear with main hand/off hand weapons and proper implants as rewards... but it has to be kept strictly outside of GF.

The lack of interaction with NPCs to unfold the story line confers the impression that I am doing dailies. This is how [insert crappy flashpoint name] usually pans out for me :

1. Respec from Watchman to Smash

2. Queue for FP

3. Talk to the cat person

4. Board ship, lag much lag, smash all, exit area.

5. Queue again

6. Talk to the cat person

7. Board ship, lag much lag, smash all in a different order / different scenario, exit area.

If you guys call this a flashpoint then what are the others? I mean let's be honest, this is clearly the most unimaginative piece of content we have ever been given. Click boxes, destroy missiles (Makeb dailies anyone?), smash mobs, exit area. What happened to story immersion? You know like in the previous Flashpoints? Sure, not everyone likes them but it would give me a break from all the running and killing.

I won't even get into the role neutral aspect of this instance because in my opinion any content that does not respect the wholly trinity is a waste of time.

Edited by Leafy_Bug

Did this with my guild last night and the whole experience was as flat as a pancake, unfortunately this is a result of F2P with everything being dumbed down to accommodate for a more social player base. Gone are the days where we are going to get challenging end game content.

IMO normal FPs (doesn't matter in SM or HM) are about the same as the KDY:

Go in -> smash trash -> smash boss (Healer has to heal) -> smash next trash -> smash boss -> smash even more trash (-> if hm, maybe smash bonus boss) -> smash final boss

All FPs are built the same, with the exception of colicoids (lets hope for a hm version of this :)), where you first have the turret event and then there is the puzzle, all others have a predefined route which you go down. it's always the same.

So the KDY isn't "unimaginative" to me.

Dear Bioware

If you want this game see her end soon, you walking in correct direction. The last flashpoints you added in game is simply joke, no challenge at all. I remember good days when Lost island flashpoint (pre 2.0) recured good team work and coordination. please, make more challenging content.

P.S. Atleast add HM option for it.

I seriously don't see how adding Kuat Drive Yards FP is going to cause the game to end soon. :p

Myself, I would like to see a HM level 55 version of it as well. And I do wonder about the logic of planetary coms being the reward for the 55th level version, when a 55th that isn't levelling an alt has no real use for planetary coms for the most part. But the FP itself is fun and a nice diversion. I like challenging FP's and ops, yes. But some days I just want to bash stuff with some friends, this FP is good for that.

You also forget that not everyone has only 55th level characters. Some do level alts. Many in my guild have a horde of mid level alts. This game still does attract new players, many in my guild are new or people that quit then came back without hitting 55th as well. So not every instance/FP will be ONLY for 55th. To keep a game vital, one was to a degree cater to everyone, not just the end game. Want to kill a game? Cater ONLY to people at end game cap level. Or worse yet, to only hardcore players.

Or the tl;dr: The FP isn't perfect but it's fun, and it won't kill the game. It's far from the worst and I'd make some changes for 55th level characters, but overall it accomplishes what it set out to do. :p

Did this with my guild last night and the whole experience was as flat as a pancake, unfortunately this is a result of F2P with everything being dumbed down to accommodate for a more social player base. Gone are the days where we are going to get challenging end game content.

I kind of already made this point, but the more social/casual player base existed before f2p. I played EQ2 from six months after it launched to 2012, and still log onto it once in a while. It wasn't f2p until I think 2011 or so, and it had a LOT of casual players, along with of course a lot of endgame.

This FP is meant to cater from level 15 to 55. I would make some changes to the level 55 version, but overall it sets out to do what it's meant to do. A FP that characters of most levels can play. Not every update will be ONLY for the endgame. Do I want more endgame content? Sure! But I also do want more low and mid game content as well.

This FP is good for one thing (besides the usual accumulation of achievement points) ... I can finally listen to audio books while doing something brainless. I mean, just sitting in my room and staring at the wall won't do, but a little bit of manual activity coupled with attentive listening does wonders for the brain.

http://www.audible.com - should be complementary acivity for most of the stuff in this game :p

Thank you for re-kindling my passion for novels.

Hmm, listening to Star Wars novels while playing Star Wars ... now that's just metaphysical.