Gear Help

Malandry

Hello,

I recently hit level 50 on my sith assassin, and I did not realize how much of a noob I am until I did. Now that I am in the upper echelon of the game, I know I need to be equipping certain armor, one set for pvp and one set for pve. I also would like to know what crew skills I should be using, I currently have biochem, bioanalysis, and slicing. Right now I am running this darkness tank build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rsMokrskrsZZf0cM.2

Obviously, all I have right now armor wise is the Tionese Survivor gear and the Recruit Survivor gear given to me at level 50. Could someone please give me a detailed description of the armor I should be rocking, where and how I get it, and what should I be looking for to modify it. My current stats with the tionese are:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2z8uaeu.png

Any help is greatly appreciate it, please use terms I can understand, I know I am an idiot with this stuff but everyone has to start somewhere, haha.

Thanks! :)

Edited by Malandry

Goal is to hit 25 defense/50 shield chance and shield absorption. Then start min maxing to get as close to 30 defense/60 chance and absorption.

If you need help finding where everything is located go to http://dulfy.net/category/swtor/

As for stacking certain mods, you need roughly a thousand for that shield chance to hit 60% so fitting yourself with sheild augs is the best choice. Don't focus on endurance at all besides color crystals and force wilder armor. You'll get more than enough over time.

Edited by mastirkal

1000 is way too much shield. You should always augment for defense and absorb. You get all the shield you need from enhancements.

Your stat allocation you should shoot for is in the ball park of 500ish defense, around the 550 area for shield and absorb.

These numbers are give and take and you have to balance them as you go.

There is an excellent thread in the tank roles section of the forums called TANKING STAT WEIGHTS.

It's about 8 pages long but if you read all of it you will get a better understanding of how to stack and the relationship between the stats.

It is not the est decision to do the even keel build, defense soft cap hits around 450 defense while absorb does the same at around 550. Sheild in general is harder to get up but the soft cap is also a lot higher more than likely you'll hit the soft cap of one in full dread, but it's key to decide which one. I follow the 400/1000/550 build which nets you just under 30/60/60 unfortunately this requires static relics to achieve and has its faults. I suspect with addition of level 65 armor it's totally possible.

the math doesn't add up. 400+1000+550 = 1950

The most you can get with static relics for shadow/sin gear is 1836 (in 63 DG that is)

The "Soft Cap" theory is not realistic because "caps" don't actually exist. Diminshing returns do just that...they diminsh, they don't just stop.

Again... to the OP: I would refer to the tanking thread. They give one of the better explainations of how the stats actually work.

Soft Caps generally materialize when info gets passed around over time. It's easier to just say 30/60/60 then to try and spend an hour or two explaining the long drawn out mathmatics involved. Over time these numbers start to be taken as gospel and

**POOF** You have a soft cap.

Edited by Grumpftard