Is there even talk of open world pvp?

Inat_mivea

I hate WZs.

Aside from random encounters on Ilum and other worlds if your're on a PVP server, there is no open world pvp.

Has it even been discussed? Could the servers handle it?

Use the civil war bases in SWG as an example. . . can't we add a controllable base on Ilum that we could fight over?

Perhaps this has been discussed before but I've been out of the loop and couldnt find a recent thread...

Topic #2: World PvP – What happened to making Ilum better? What is going on with Open World PvP? Answer: We have not forgotten Ilum! I think you will see (fairly soon) the answer to this question in the game itself - something big is coming to the Western Ice Shelf, but it’s quite a departure from what was there before. As for pure Open World PvP…well, that’s a more difficult proposition. We are dedicated to providing excellent PvP experiences to our players, but we intend to focus our energy on PvP Seasons and new Warzones. We will be experimenting with a different approach to Open World PvP, something that encourages organic PvP in contested areas in a new and interesting way, but do not look for massive new Open World PvP this year (outside of what I mentioned above). It is still on our design wall, but is taking a back seat to other forms of PvP.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130102

That'a it for now I think.. :(

Edited by kevlarto

PvE threads -------->

Pve threads ? well if OP wants open PVP i suggest he goes to another game like gw2 that actually has open world pvp . And OP you dont need to grind another toon, you can go do open pvp on gw2 as soon as you create your toon and level him up via open pvp =)

Pve threads ? well if OP wants open PVP i suggest he goes to another game like gw2 that actually has open world pvp . And OP you dont need to grind another toon, you can go do open pvp on gw2 as soon as you create your toon and level him up via open pvp =)

Why are you hanging out in the PvP thread world? You are obviously undergeared.

There was some open world PvP yesterday on PoT5. Granted; there was no motivating factor other than the Pubs invading Sith territory where Black Hole dailies are run, but kudos to them for doing it. It was fun, and there were a lot of people, but it was clearly choppy. I'm not sure if it would be better in an area better set up for PvP, but I hope so.