Vote for rollback : Yes or no?

MetisBoi

Rollbacks affect everyone who worked on valor today, not just the ******s who exploited into the base all day. Eff that crap, I WORKED at my valor. They can take action against those who gained absurd amount of valor on ilum by looking at their logs and such.

General Rollback = Hell No

Rolling Back ONLY those who clearly exploited = Roll them back into hell for all I care.

How can anyone have any opinion about this when nobody knows the exact number of people this has positively affected and to what extent? The majority I'm hearing seems to vary from extreme rumor to trolling, there's no hard evidence for anything (I KNOW it happened, no need to rub that in my face, I'm just saying we don't have NUMBERS, only a handful of screenshots).

Secondly, we don't know how those rollbacks would affect other things. We don't know if they can accurately pull the people and valor numbers from their database. I for one spent a lot of time in Ilum even trying to FIND reps to kill, taking 3 hours just for the daily with warzones inbetween. If that would be rollbacked I would be extremely sad. If it truly is for the greater good, I'd suck it up, however if the amount of people who benefitted from this 'exploit' is really an extreme minority compared to the real playerbase, is it worth the trouble at all? Is it worth risking to piss off your majority as a gamedesigner?

Plus, you can't seriously mean to say that farming lowbies on your speedleveled 50 is by any means or way more skillful than aoe'ing the hell out of a bunch of persistant respawners. :confused: In a few weeks everyone would have had this amount of valor anyway, does it TRULY matter if we rollback now and they have their valor back within 2 weeks?

it is not that simple because they have to look on every server and on every player so it is not really possible that they look into million of account... so to be fair with everyone they should take the save they got before the patch and put back everyone like before

"Exploit" is a rumor itself. Most likely to cover devs' error with missing safe zones.

Those crying about rollbacks are lowbies who never was on ilum actually - otherwise they'd know there is max 8-9k valor per hour.

NO.

Edited by Pashgan

My YES reasons:

- To balance out the PVP Valor gain and to stop the elitist PVP'ers QQing. I will only say yes if ILLUM is locked until it is fixed.

To be honest, the PVP we had was fine before, the separation of 50 and 49 should of kept enough people happy to wait until Illum was fixed and ready to be pushed out the door. The rest of the patch was great, I still think small issues need to be addressed first.

Such as:

1. Getting Stuck.
  2. Cancellation of quests being available for every quest.
  3. Some cut scenes need fixes, such as in Alderaan the trees flicker oddly when you enter a cut scene.
  4. healer balancing for Operatives compared to Sorcerers.
  5. Many more. Maybe fix the Auction House/Galactic trade system.

No because..

Well, It would mean all the progress made by the people LEGITIMATELY PVPing in WZ's for their respected level are rolled back also. :(

I don't see how doing everything the game allows you to do in order to attack and defeat your enemy counts as an exploit. its not like people are skipping over terrain or lag jumping on top of structures. They are simply chasing the enemy back into their base by riding in the front door.

Its all well and good for the devs to SAY they intended the bases to be impenetrable, but then why arent they? It takes modifying a spreadsheet to have the base turrets deal 1,000,000 damage a hit instead of what they are doing now. The reality here is that the devs lacked foresight and probably never anticipated this sort of base camping would occur. Foolish of them, perhaps, but still the most likely explanation in my mind. And i don't think players should be punished for their oversight.

Also, while I did participate in a couple hours of base grinding (which BTW was also very profitable for the faction being camped) I also earned a great deal of valor by playing Illum as intended by the devs: with a group of freinds riding around in the middle of the map and picking fights. Its not right that gains from that activity be rolled back along with everything else - not to mention all the valor i got from warfronts.

How can anyone have any opinion about this when nobody knows the exact number of people this has positively affected and to what extent? The majority I'm hearing seems to vary from extreme rumor to trolling, there's no hard evidence for anything (I KNOW it happened, no need to rub that in my face, I'm just saying we don't have NUMBERS, only a handful of screenshots).

Secondly, we don't know how those rollbacks would affect other things. We don't know if they can accurately pull the people and valor numbers from their database. I for one spent a lot of time in Ilum even trying to FIND reps to kill, taking 3 hours just for the daily with warzones inbetween. If that would be rollbacked I would be extremely sad. If it truly is for the greater good, I'd suck it up, however if the amount of people who benefitted from this 'exploit' is really an extreme minority compared to the real playerbase, is it worth the trouble at all? Is it worth risking to piss off your majority as a gamedesigner?

Plus, you can't seriously mean to say that farming lowbies on your speedleveled 50 is by any means or way more skillful than aoe'ing the hell out of a bunch of persistant respawners. :confused: In a few weeks everyone would have had this amount of valor anyway, does it TRULY matter if we rollback now and they have their valor back within 2 weeks?

While you are correct that we don't have numbers so we don't know how bad the damage really is you are failing to note one point here:

It doesn't matter if they would have the same valor in two weeks, because having it now means their gear is much better now which means when they go into PvP against the people who didn't benefit they have a much greater chance of winning (which means the other players lose, which stunts their valor gain) and gives these people more gear and the problem compounds on itself.

The fact is if this only effected these people, nobody would really care. BUT significantly accelerating the gear acquisition rate of a select number of players negatively impacts everyone (a much larger pool of players, I'm sure you would agree) who participates either in World PvP or Warzones with these players who did not benefit from that exact gear acceleration.

Whatever.

They don't roll back, they look like imbeciles. They roll back now, they look clueless and indecisive. Take your pick.

It's the lack of leadership on Bioware's part from noon onward today tells me more than the decision they actually made.

Edited by McVade

This.

Read the update, they know who exploited this.

If you believe that they actually are going to wipe a single valor point from anyone, I've got a fishing hole in Death Valley to sell you.

A post on the 33rd page, after page 1-32 basically called them idiots for not rolling back, is called "damage control."