for a better organisation of the schematics

warzazat

Hi everyone

I have been wondering if there is a way to better organize the crafting schematic list

Let me give you an example. Be mindful I’m doing this from memory and it’s not accurate, but you’ll get my point.

I usually organize my schematics by level so I know what to craft depending on the level of my toon

This is what I got for CYBERTECH

MIGHT ARMORING 22

FORCE WEILDER ARMORING 22

RESOLVE ARMORING 22

ADVANCE RESOLVE ARMORING 22

PATRON ARMORING 22

PATRON ARMORING 22

RESOLVE ARMORING 22

ADVANCE GUARDIAN ARMORING 22

GUARDIAN ARMORING 22

GUARDIAN ARMORING 22

COMMANDO ARMORING 22

So this is a rough example (maybe slightly exaggerated) of how the list of schematics looks like. As you can see they don’t always group together and the upgraded version of a specific schematic can appear nowhere near the schematic it’s upgraded from

Wouldn’t it be possible (and probably better to have things appear as some kind of tree. Like as follow for example?

MIGHT ARMORING 22

RESOLVE ARMORING 22

------RESOLVE ARMORING 22

------------ADVANCE RESOLVE ARMORING 22

PATRON ARMORING 22

------PATRON ARMORING 22

GUARDIAN ARMORING 22

------GUARDIAN ARMORING 22

------------ADVANCE GUARDIAN ARMORING 22

COMMANDO ARMORING 22

------FORCE WEILDER ARMORING 22

As you can see, this way we know for certain which one can still be reverse engineered to get an upgrade, and it’s a LOT clearer and easier to read.. at least to me..

Can’t the devs do something like that?

I don’t believe it would be hard to code.. where should I propose this in order to have a VERY slight chance it could be implemented in the game?

what to you think?

Allegedly they are looking at other ways that we can organize our schematics.

It seems like it would be obvious to group upgrades of a type together with the basic schematic, but Bioware didn't allow for that for whatever reasons so here we are.

I had this idea and have already posted this on the 1.4 suggestions page.

More Schematics for crew skills/A better sorting system for all of your schematics.

*insert schematic* 1 20% RE chance

*insert schematic* 2 10% RE Chance

*Insert schematic 3* 5% RE Chance

*insert schematic* 4 2% RE Chance <--Very hard to gather ingredients! (Gold not yellow)

Also Yellow schematics require Grade 7 Mats

I would also like to see the ability to make *These crystal being incredibly hard and time consuming to make and would require a rare black gem that can be and only be obtained through Ops and HM FP's!*:

Purple-Black

Red-Black

Magenta-Black

Blue-Black

Cyan-Black

Green-Black

Yellow-Black

Orange-Black

White-Black*

Pure Black

Pure White

Ect. Crystals. Plus more of a selection would be sexy too :3

Edited by IAmAlphaOne

MIGHT ARMORING 22

RESOLVE ARMORING 22

------RESOLVE ARMORING 22

------------ADVANCE RESOLVE ARMORING 22

PATRON ARMORING 22

------PATRON ARMORING 22

GUARDIAN ARMORING 22

------GUARDIAN ARMORING 22

------------ADVANCE GUARDIAN ARMORING 22

COMMANDO ARMORING 22

------FORCE WEILDER ARMORING 22

How about even more visual compactness like:

MIGHT ARMORING 22

RESOLVE ARMORING 22 (+) (+)

PATRON ARMORING 22 (+)

GUARDIAN ARMORING 22 (+) (+)

COMMANDO ARMORING 22

FORCE WEILDER ARMORING 22 (+)

The upgraded versions become blue/purple/ect dots appended to the end of the original schematic. Full name and details available on mouseover.

• 3 weeks later...
I think the best way to do this would be the way you have your mission log. Have a little circle next to each one. Once the player decides they are done with that scematic....they can unclick the circle to hide it. Maybe have a tab on top of the scematics screen ....one says all schematics and the other custom schematics or something like that.

I think the best way to do this would be the way you have your mission log. Have a little circle next to each one. Once the player decides they are done with that scematic....they can unclick the circle to hide it. Maybe have a tab on top of the scematics screen ....one says all schematics and the other custom schematics or something like that.

This.

What I'd like to see when I look at my schematic list (names obviously not accurate)

Expert Kill You Helm (lvl 49)

Expert Kill You Chest (lvl 49)

Expert Kill You Legs (lvl 49)

Expert Kill You Belt (lvl 49)

Expert Kill You Gauntlets (lvl 49)

Expert Kill You Boots (lvl 49)

Expert Kill You Bracers (lvl 49)

Veracity Protect Me Helm (lvl 49)

Veracity Protect Me Chest (lvl 49)

Veracity Protect Me Legs (lvl 49)

Veracity Protect Me Belt (lvl 49)

Veracity Protect Me Gauntles (lvl 49)

Veracity Protect Me Boots (lvl 49)

Veracity Protect Me Bracers (lvl 49)

Overkill Hurt you Chest (lvl 45)

Overkill Hurt you Legs (lvl 45)

Redoubt Defend Me Chest (lvl 45)

Redoubt Defend Me Legs (lvl 45)

Overkill Hurt You Helm (lvl 43)

Overkill Hurt You Boots (lvl 43)

Redoubt Defend Me Helm (lvl 43)

Redoubt Defend Me Boots (lvl 43)

Etc. I don't want to SEE any green I have the (correct) blue for. They shouldn't be anywhere on the list.

I don't want to SEE any of the blues I have the (correct) purple for. They shouldn't be anywhere on the list.

And I certainly don't want to see ANY of the WRONG blue/purples. They shouldn't be anywhere on the list. Finding out I misclicked in my hurry and made the redoubt offensive str earpiece, or the overkill defensive willpower ear piece is getting VERY annoying.

P.S. To be fair, level and difficulty *should* actually be pretty much the same sort. Problem is "difficulty" actually sorts by how much skill it gives you, and not actually the difficulty number.

This.

What I'd like to see when I look at my schematic list (names obviously not accurate)

Expert Kill You Helm (lvl 49)

Expert Kill You Chest (lvl 49)

Expert Kill You Legs (lvl 49)

Expert Kill You Belt (lvl 49)

Expert Kill You Gauntlets (lvl 49)

Expert Kill You Boots (lvl 49)

Expert Kill You Bracers (lvl 49)

Veracity Protect Me Helm (lvl 49)

Veracity Protect Me Chest (lvl 49)

Veracity Protect Me Legs (lvl 49)

Veracity Protect Me Belt (lvl 49)

Veracity Protect Me Gauntles (lvl 49)

Veracity Protect Me Boots (lvl 49)

Veracity Protect Me Bracers (lvl 49)

Overkill Hurt you Chest (lvl 45)

Overkill Hurt you Legs (lvl 45)

Redoubt Defend Me Chest (lvl 45)

Redoubt Defend Me Legs (lvl 45)

Overkill Hurt You Helm (lvl 43)

Overkill Hurt You Boots (lvl 43)

Redoubt Defend Me Helm (lvl 43)

Redoubt Defend Me Boots (lvl 43)

Etc. I don't want to SEE any green I have the (correct) blue for. They shouldn't be anywhere on the list.

I don't want to SEE any of the blues I have the (correct) purple for. They shouldn't be anywhere on the list.

And I certainly don't want to see ANY of the WRONG blue/purples. They shouldn't be anywhere on the list. Finding out I misclicked in my hurry and made the redoubt offensive str earpiece, or the overkill defensive willpower ear piece is getting VERY annoying.

P.S. To be fair, level and difficulty *should* actually be pretty much the same sort. Problem is "difficulty" actually sorts by how much skill it gives you, and not actually the difficulty number.

YOU may not want to see any green, but maybe someone else does (like to make Augment kits materials)

YOU may not want to see any blue that you have purple for, but maybe someone else does (like for an alt while leveling where you happen to be short on the artifact materials).

YOU may not want to see "wrong" purples, but who's to say what's "wrong"? Yes there are stat combinations that are not ideal/optimal but maybe there is a tank with all his defensive stats soft capped and instead of making a "redoubt tree" purple with even more defensive stats he wants to make one with some offensive stat instead. Not a great example, but you get the picture.

I'm not saying that the crafting interface is good the way it is, just see my post above. What I am saying is that your opinion is not the end all be all of what is "right." Further, you can do a lot of what you want with the filters that already exist - filter by quality, and sort by level.

A good first step would be to be able to save what filtering we want as default.

YOU may not want to see any green, but maybe someone else does (like to make Augment kits materials)

YOU may not want to see any blue that you have purple for, but maybe someone else does (like for an alt while leveling where you happen to be short on the artifact materials).

YOU may not want to see "wrong" purples, but who's to say what's "wrong"? Yes there are stat combinations that are not ideal/optimal but maybe there is a tank with all his defensive stats soft capped and instead of making a "redoubt tree" purple with even more defensive stats he wants to make one with some offensive stat instead. Not a great example, but you get the picture..

This.

Ahem. Like the person I was agreeing with said. A way to toggle on/off which ones to show in the listing. So you still have ACCESS to the lesser oddball schematics, they just aren't (normally) mixed in with the good ones. And heck, if you frequently make use of them, don't even need to hide them in the first place.

(though instead of making an entire second "custom" tab, I'd just add a checkbox to the bottom somewhere that says "showall" then which shows all the schematics known with an additional column with the "show item" checkbox. Same general idea though)

And filter by quality doesn't help you filter out the wrong schematics. Such as a rampart shotgun. I'm sorry, now, there are some oddball schematics you can arguably make a case for in very unique situations. (though I'd still call them "wrong".) But there is NO argument possible in favor of keeping a schematic for a rampart shotgun around if you know any other purples.

(and P.S. There's enough good "non-oddball" schematics to fill up my 50 w/o putting up the oddball ones. Though admittedly, it's actually been some time since I was really heavy into selling my stuff, (before recent server merge, in fact) so it's possible the market is now super saturated with the non oddball ones, and the market is all about selling those 1 offs. Seems unlikely, though.)

Edited by GnatB