was thinking of a new species

cuzadarksider

Hello fellow star wars people i have been thinking about this for a while and now wish to hear fellow players thoughts. I love the game but it seems to me it would be cool if we could play as a character like yoda though I'm ashamed to admit that I can't remember what species he is. So please tell me you're thoughts on this and if you think the star wars admin would like to hear about my idea thanks.

Hello fellow star wars people i have been thinking about this for a while and now wish to hear fellow players thoughts. I love the game but it seems to me it would be cool if we could play as a character like yoda though I'm ashamed to admit that I can't remember what species he is. So please tell me you're thoughts on this and if you think the star wars admin would like to hear about my idea thanks.

It's because yoda's species has never been named, and probably never will.

As for should we be able to? I don't think so. For one, everyone would make a Yoda duplicate (except the one ******** who tried for a Yaddle duplicate) and that'd be lame. Plus, they're a pretty rare species and don't fit the current game models very well. Not to mention, they haven't been named... which poses its own issues.

As a whole I dislike the idea, but there are threads in the Suggestion box debating what would be the best new species so throw your suggestion there and see if you can get some support...

Edited by StarSquirrel

Will never happen.

One of the requirements George Lucas apparently had with the old EU content was that no one ever revealed a name, or any information, about Yoda's species.

They are also way too short, making it not work with models (cutscenes are setup to work with the humanoid height models) or romances etc.

For any new species they need to:

speak basic

use the humanoid models (which includes faces)

be romanceable by humanoid characters

So new species that could work;

Nautolan

Zeltron

Chagrian

etc.

You can have "head things" going on like with Twi'lek or Togruta, but that is about as exotic as it will get.

Edited by MadDutchman

Will never happen.

One of the requirements George Lucas apparently had with the old EU content was that no one ever revealed a name, or any information, about Yoda's species.

They are also way too short, making it not work with models (cutscenes are setup to work with the humanoid height models) or romances etc.

For any new species they need to:

speak basic

use the humanoid models (which includes faces)

be romanceable by humanoid characters

So new species that could work;

Nautolan

Zeltron

Chagrian

etc.

You can have "head things" going on like with Twi'lek or Togruta, but that is about as exotic as it will get.

Or you can just give a short species short companions.

"I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination"

Jimmy Dean