So Bioware, is this how its gonna be?

Propanelgen

So you nerf healing for mercs in the patch tuesday, for what?

Is your plan to screw over classes doing PvE for the sake of trying to balance PvP?

I mean come on, is this a joke?

Obviously you dont want my merc doing any healing, seeing as its doing considerably less healing generating the same amount of heat..

Nice job.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think BW are on their way to alienating all of their PvP player base anyway.

PVE is something which they undeniably did right.

meh... that's arguable.

it lacks any challenge to be honest.

groups of 3 or 4 enemies all waiting to be slaughtered by my awesomeness.

Worst case scenario is one strong and 2 average enemies.

CC the strong, slaughter the 2 easies... then slaughter the strong ad nauseum for 50 levels.

I think it's pretty much understood that 90% of PvP changes are going to have an effect on PvE, and vice-verse (or however it's spelled). There are going to be those times where trying to balance one are is going to completely break another. Not something that can really be avoided in a game like this, where the skill sets used in PvP and PvE are the same.

meh... that's arguable.

CC the strong, slaughter the 2 easies... then slaughter the strong ad nauseum for 50 levels.

Yeah I'll give you that.

Unlike with PvP, I don't believe that fixes to those issues would necessitate coding a whole new game.

In all seriousness though, you do have to trust them to do what's right for the game in the long run. I know it may seem that some of the changes they're making now are bad/rushed and balance is always going to be an issue...however it's early days and an active development team is better than an inactive one who ignores the community (early SWG days anyone??)

You have to trust that the devs are taking an holistic view of the game and are taking much more into account than just 1 class or play category i.e. PvP/PvE. Yes, the surge rating change isn't nice...but it has been done for a reason. Perhaps they may tweak it further in the coming weeks - perhaps not.

Unfortunately you just have to suck it up or choose to leave (and I'm not saying that in a flippant way, I'm just saying this is normal for an MMO of this age).

meh... that's arguable.

yea that really, sucks. I guess we better go back to killing boars in Elwyn Forest one at a time right? Because that was way more thought provoking.

NOPE.

I'd rather be awesome and kill 4 guys at once than go back to running around Nagrand picking cherries out of elk poop and chopping down clefthoofs one at a time, or running around in a circle spamming frost nova on a pack of buzzards.

SWTOR's mob packs are a good thing and if you don't believe that then I invite you to go back to any other MMO on the market and continue your SUPER AWESOME MAN VS BOAR combat.

meh... that's arguable.

Trash mobs. In what MMO, or game for that matter, has boss level trash mobs? Bad example IMO. It's the boss encounters that are suppose to be engaging and challenging, and also IMO, they did that right.

yea that really, sucks. I guess we better go back to killing boars in Elwyn Forest one at a time right? Because that was way more thought provoking.

NOPE.

I'd rather be awesome and kill 4 guys at once than go back to running around Nagrand picking cherries out of elk poop and chopping down clefthoofs one at a time, or running around in a circle spamming frost nova on a pack of buzzards.

SWTOR's mob packs are a good thing and if you don't believe that then I invite you to go back to any other MMO on the market and continue your SUPER AWESOME MAN VS BOAR combat.

I never mentioned combat in any other MMO being awesome.

Because combat in certain other MMO's is terrible does not mean the PvE challenge in SWTOR is good.

Did I strike a nerve? I'm sorry I mentioned combat in this game is super-simple. Did you think you were skilled or something because you can easily kill enemies in this game?

Trash mobs. In what MMO, or game for that matter, has boss level trash mobs? Bad example IMO. It's the boss encounters that are suppose to be engaging and challenging, and also IMO, they did that right.

You can solo all Epic enemies in this game even up to a few levels above you.

That's pretty epic!

You guys seriously need to lay off bioware, ive been playing MMO's frequently since vanilla WoW and they are teying harder to please everyone then most MMO devs ive seen, they've frequently mentioned there plans for improving pvp and the game in general and you all start crying when one patch ruins the balance slightly, and if the pve players arent whining the pvp players are, seriously just let them do there thing, theyre teying to sort it out.

You guys seriously need to lay off bioware, ive been playing MMO's frequently since vanilla WoW and they are teying harder to please everyone then most MMO devs ive seen, they've frequently mentioned there plans for improving pvp and the game in general and you all start crying when one patch ruins the balance slightly, and if the pve players arent whining the pvp players are, seriously just let them do there thing, theyre teying to sort it out.

LEAVE BIOWARE ALONE!!

/old joke

There will never be so-called "balance", because one nerf (which is how the roller-coaster begins) begets another and another and more until everything is so weirdly askew that no one really knows what the heck is going on.

After going to the trouble to get surge adjusted on some of my toons, now it is nerfed. 10%, 20% or 1% nerfs are never a good idea.