Why no imperial trooper

alienstalker

You put the republic trooper as a class you can be, so why can't we be imperial soldiers as well. I thought it would be cool being able to be a imperial troopers but you can't be a imperial troopers. I think both the republic and the empire need a new class. The republic should have a republic agent, while the empire needs the imperial trooper.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because a bounty hunter is like the smuggler not the trooper.

I want to fight on the frontlines as a regular soldier in the army. I know star wars battlefront does that, but I wanna do it in the old republic era.

Edited by alienstalker

To be honest, I'll never understand who thought it would be a good idea to put Smugglers as rep classes and BH as Imp. BH's work for whoever pays, hell the BH storyline even has them going after Imperials. Same with Smugglers. If they really wanted to keep those two classes, they shoulda made them unique and made them cross-faction. Since they already mirror classes, a proper Imp trooper being the mirror to the rep trooper would have been far more fun. As well, an SIS agent being the mirror to the Imp agent would have been fun as well.

To be honest, I'll never understand who thought it would be a good idea to put Smugglers as rep classes and BH as Imp. BH's work for whoever pays, hell the BH storyline even has them going after Imperials. Same with Smugglers. If they really wanted to keep those two classes, they shoulda made them unique and made them cross-faction. Since they already mirror classes, a proper Imp trooper being the mirror to the rep trooper would have been far more fun. As well, an SIS agent being the mirror to the Imp agent would have been fun as well.

Thanks for the support I totally agree.

I agree.

The problem being that Imperial Troopers? Aren't important. At all. It would be hard to make a storyline about someone who has absolutely no power in the Empire at all.

They're just as important as republic troopers. Republic troopers have absolutely no power in the republic. They can't influence politics, they can't have their way. They follow orders. How's that any different from imperial troopers?

To be honest, I'll never understand who thought it would be a good idea to put Smugglers as rep classes and BH as Imp. BH's work for whoever pays, hell the BH storyline even has them going after Imperials. Same with Smugglers.

Bounty hunters are focused heavily around killing

Smugglers are just focused around stealing, which is significantly less severe

And you probably haven't played the smuggler questline, but you start out freelance and become a republic privateer in act 2.

The problem being that Imperial Troopers? Aren't important. At all. It would be hard to make a storyline about someone who has absolutely no power in the Empire at all.

Republic troopers don't have any power in the lore either, they follow orders.

The only troopers we saw in the movies were mindless clones.

They're just as important as republic troopers. Republic troopers have absolutely no power in the republic. They can't influence politics, they can't have their way. They follow orders. How's that any different from imperial troopers?

Beat me to it.

Edited by PJEBarlow

Bounty hunters are focused heavily around killing

Smugglers are just focused around stealing, which is significantly less severe

And you probably haven't played the smuggler questline, but you start out freelance and become a republic privateer in act 2.

Doesn't change anything. The republic made heavy use of Bounty Hunters throughout it's entire history. Senators are not paragons of justice. Same way empire's have made use of smugglers. Both get employed equally by both sides. They get employed by both sides in various storylines. As such it makes no sense for them to be faction specific. Many of the classes should have been cross-faction.

Not entirely true. The Republic Trooper is special forces. They're several rungs on the ladder higher then rank and file.

The Imperials? The HIGHEST rank a non-Sith can ever achieve is an Agent. Everyone else? Garbage that can be killed because a Sith Lord is in a bad mood and you happened to be around.

Not entirely true. The Republic Trooper is special forces. They're several rungs on the ladder higher then rank and file.

The Imperials? The HIGHEST rank a non-Sith can ever achieve is an Agent. Everyone else? Garbage that can be killed because a Sith Lord is in a bad mood and you happened to be around.

This is not at all how it works. Besides, special forces or not they still have no authority. They have more flexibility, but that does not equate to power. They are still held on a leash just the same as every other trooper in the republic.

Also, do you honestly believe the Empire doesn't have special forces? Their agents are analogs of republic SIS agents, not special forces troopers. The Empire has said in numerous quests that they as well have special forces. And agent isn't a rank in the military, it's part of Intelligence. It's the CIA of the Empire, entirely independent of the Military.

Bottom line, there is no reason why the Empire couldn't have a trooper. Woulda been far better then bounty hunters playing the mirror of a soldier.

While more or less true the gap between Sith and Imperial trooper is far greater then Jedi and Imperial trooper.

Hell a slave acolyte is higher in the pecking order then an imperial trooper.

Imperial troopers are complete cannon fodder where as the Republic troopers are more a kin to roman soldiers. That is they are low but have potential to become respected, Imperial troopers never have that opportunity.

That is what I get from it anyway.

While more or less true the gap between Sith and Imperial trooper is far greater then Jedi and Imperial trooper.

Hell a slave acolyte is higher in the pecking order then an imperial trooper.

Imperial troopers are complete cannon fodder where as the Republic troopers are more a kin to roman soldiers. That is they are low but have potential to become respected, Imperial troopers never have that opportunity.

That is what I get from it anyway.

This is true, but this is also a GOOD thing. Just because you mirror a class doesn't mean you mirror their story. So while there could be an imperial trooper class, it'd have it's own unique story. And it could involve the different dynamics between soldiers and their superiors in the Empire. Showcase how sith run everything and even a lowly acolyte is a 'Lord' to you.

This is not at all how it works. Besides, special forces or not they still have no authority. They have more flexibility, but that does not equate to power. They are still held on a leash just the same as every other trooper in the republic.

Also, do you honestly believe the Empire doesn't have special forces? Their agents are analogs of republic SIS agents, not special forces troopers. The Empire has said in numerous quests that they as well have special forces. And agent isn't a rank in the military, it's part of Intelligence. It's the CIA of the Empire, entirely independent of the Military.

Bottom line, there is no reason why the Empire couldn't have a trooper. Woulda been far better then bounty hunters playing the mirror of a soldier.

You're again overestimating the importance of soldiers in the Empire. They have zero authority of any kind. Republic troopers at least have some, particularly the special forces.

And yes the Agent isn't military, but the game flat out mentions that an Imperial Agent is the pinnacle of power any non-Sith can ever hope to achieve in the Empire. Although I think even a slave acolyte has more authority and power then an Agent.

I think he's thinking of storm troopers. Yes there were proper storm troopers dressed in white plastic icecream boxes in the films working for the empire. It does seem a bit odd that there are troopers working for the republic because if memory serves me I never saw any republic troppers in the films, or I just haven't watched star wars enough and need to refresh my memory. Edited by MJHoyle

You're again overestimating the importance of soldiers in the Empire. They have zero authority of any kind. Republic troopers at least have some, particularly the special forces.

And yes the Agent isn't military, but the game flat out mentions that an Imperial Agent is the pinnacle of power any non-Sith can ever hope to achieve in the Empire. Although I think even a slave acolyte has more authority and power then an Agent.

I don't understand what your definition of "authority" is. Republic troopers have zero authority of any kind, even their special forces. Their authority extends to the mission they are on and no farther, the EXACT same as with the Empire's soldiers. So what exactly do you mean by "authority". A special forces trooper can't come into the senate and start barking out orders to senators, just the same way an imperial trooper can't start barking orders to sith. They're the exact same authority wise and power wise. So please explain what you mean because I am woefully confused how you think republic troopers somehow have more say then imperial troopers.

As I see it, there are only two classes completely tied to their faction: the Republic trooper and the Imperial agent. Bounty hunters and smugglers mainly care about themselves (and their cash), while the Sith and Jedi have their own Order whose interests sometimes clash with that of the their faction.