Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

Rewarding an in-game playstyle with real world money is a BAD IDEA. It's bad PR, and it's got nothing to do with game loyalty. I've been in SWTOR since beta, and pre-purchased long before release. Now, because I have all the aforementioned real life "barriers" to hours of playing, and a penchant for RP and altitis, suddenly MY real life loyalty isn't as good as another person with a different playstyle.

Here's one older-than-mature adult's response to this:

You suck, Devs.

(EDIT) I should have added in my Cancel My Subscription customer service note that I have a larger than average disposable income and a history of buying a lot of game extras. It would probably mean more to them than the ethical arguments.

Edited by Magnolia

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see how u might think people SHOULD be 50 or legacy 6 but the fact is some people have lives that have been here since day one and might not be there yet. I think that they deserve it more than someone who leveled to 50 in a week. As i said award the 50s and high legacy people IN GAME with gear pets etc... NOT by saying here is 15 bucks good job!!!

2 questions:

1. Why do you think you deserve it more? Because you do.. what, precisely?

2. Are you paying those $15 out of your own pocket? - before you answer, I am also a subscriber.

2 questions:

2. Are you paying those $15 out of your own pocket? - before you answer, I am also a subscriber.

Answer your first question with a question: Do you think anyone deserves a free month? If so, why only the level 50's or Legacy level 6's? What makes them deserve it more than someone who has been supporting the game just as much as the level 50?

Once again, if this was something as far as an in-game pet, title, or mount, I would not care. But free money is free money and yes, I'm gonna rage about it.

Rewarding an in-game playstyle with real world money is a BAD IDEA. It's bad PR, and it's got nothing to do with game loyalty. I've been in SWTOR since beta, and pre-purchased long before release. Now, because I have all the aforementioned real life "barriers" to hours of playing, and a penchant for RP and altitis, suddenly MY real life loyalty isn't as good as another person with a different playstyle.

Here's one older-than-mature adult's response to this:

You suck, Devs.

(EDIT) I should have added in my Cancel My Subscription customer service note that I have a larger than average disposable income and a history of buying a lot of game extras. It would probably mean more to them than the ethical arguments.

Throwing this kind of stuff in their face or anyone's is better. Older-than-mature doesn't mean much apparently. If you can't reach legacy level 6 in 6 days from now then that's on you. They aren't responsible for your real life. What you do with your time and your money shouldn't be brought back on a company that has made a solid game and is progressing in the right direction.

2 questions:

reread my posts in this thread i got the 30 days i am here defending other people that deserve it in my opinion. And yes i have 3 month reoccurring and pay for it!! some people lol.

reread my posts in this thread i got the 30 days i am here defending other people that deserve it in my opinion. And yes i have 3 month reoccurring and pay for it!! some people lol.

That is not what I asked...

Do you think anyone deserves a free month? to be completely honest.. I don`t care either way. I will still pay my sub. One more or less makes no difference. But I won`t rush the Forum and throw tantrums because I didn`t get it.

If so, why only the level 50's or Legacy level 6's? Can be all level 10`s. Or legacy 50. Or valor 22.22... just a target as any... probably this suits the best the intended "target player". Ultimately it`s cherry-picking.

What makes them deserve it more than someone who has been supporting the game just as much as the level 50?This is not about DESERVE. This is about a gift. You get gifts for various ... noteworthy milestones. You don`t usually get gifts for only being there.

Edited by Styxx

ok so we have about 6 days to get to 50, one of which will be a server downtime for maintance. considering what happened last time ,why do i feel this is a bad thing?

i resubbed for a month which expires on tues/wed if they do my free day right. I started a JC(about 28 days ago), and have her to lvl 35, but am enjoying the storylines,and such(which should be the intent)

i could easly get to 50 by powerlvling and avoiding the class stories by tues/wed.

but why should i rush my self just for a few dollars. It would be like buying a great book, then not reading it just reading the Cliff notes.

and of course now we also have this infection. I wonder if we could call it a computer virus?

Golly gee, thanks!

But seriously . . . this is unacceptable. Once again, you seem to be missing the point. Some of us have been here since release, some of us signed up for for the six month "discount", some have big boy/girl jobs and can't play on mommy and daddy's dime (college), and some of us are burnt out on a game that promised so much, but delivered so very little; so we're looking for a little understanding and appreciation here.

Instead, we're given a "If you played THIS much, you'll be rewarded." No, screw that. I've been playing since launch, I purchased six months, I'm bored out of my freaking mind at level 44, and playing this static, lifeless game is just a step above chewing on cardboard.

You've lost me as a customer. *insert "See you in-game", "So long" or whatever comments are currently in favor*

I tried. I really, really, really tried. I wanted this game to succeed so much. I loathe WoW and there isn't another, currently available, MMO that even has a chance of holding my interest, but without a doubt, SWToR is a horrible game.

I'm sorry, but it's not me, it's you.

Thank you EA for botching a game with untold amounts of potential. Thank you Lucasarts for continuing your abject spiral of mediocrity. Thank you George Lucas for becoming the Ahab of the Star Wars franchise - epitomizing poor judgement, a disdain for the fans, and tunnel vision "creativity". I'd "thank" Bioware, but I (naively?) want to believe that they gave (and continue to give) it their all. Sadly, they were saddled with the weight of two megalomaniacal entities - EA and Lucas.

Later.

No actually it is you, I do not know how many times people are going to have to say this but this game is still young and it is growing. For many people the fact they release new content quickly and honestly try to fix and address bugs at a fast rate is nothing short of praiseworthy.to have players moan and groan that they weren't included yet still be rewarded is pretty impressive if you ask me.

if your so bored by all means go play something else as the majority of players are happy.

Also to prove a point I also have a job and I am still able to find time and play and ENJOY myself.

Finally the fact that you use large complicated words to try justify the notion that your unhappy with the companies just shows that you are just a person who will never be happy so good riddance.

Have a good day and long live true STARWARS FANS, good job Bioware you keep doing a better and better job keep it up

I doubt many people really that upset about the free month.

They ARE ENTITLED to express how they feel about the misdirected gesture based on a ridiculouse premise.And they admit its misdirected , otherwise WHY CHANGE it or try to FIX it.

I'm sure some 30 day new boy going to get their panties tied in a knot and wave their little cookie around because they are incapable of allowing people the entitlement to express valid dissapointment in an obviouse PR F'Up.

Everytime someone expresses a valid and reasonable negative response to a promo F'Up ( Yes a Promo F'up Because they felt a need to try and FIX the F'up and with good reason) there is someone who wasnt effected that screams bloody murder "You Dont Deserve It" You Dont Contribute because of your Gameing Style,work schedual, Life style,you have children ,Your playing the game wrong, My gameing style is right yours is wrong......bla bla bla whine whine whine

If you werent effected, eat your little cookie, No one cares that you got your little cookie.

Resentful attitudes towards people who are responding to a definate misguided misdirected promo (yes Misguided Misdirected promo that required a FIX) that back fired.Is also misguided misdirected maliciouse unfounded and irrelevant and should be disregarded and devalued as useless opinion as they remain uneffected by this PR F'up that needed a fix.

Now I know there are plenty of people that are not skipping around waiving their little cookie around as if their little cookie really is the center point of the argument,But unfotunately there are New boys waiving their little cookie around and scolding people as if people dissaprove that they got their little cookie.

No one cares about your little cookie,People are discussing poor public relations that is admittedly poor because it required a fix.Last I heard fixing a mistake is admitting that there is a mistake,you dont fix whats not broken.

A promo F'up that required fixing is the issue.

Do not worry its not a personal attack on your little cookie....your cookie is safe and sound.

Bad promotion that required a fix is the issue.

Edited by CygnusMX

So my subscription ends in 2 days , i have it recurring month after month , since early acces. My question is what happens , do i get charged for another 30 days , or will my free 30 days automaticly kick in?

I think it's a no hassle situation , if you are getting the free 30 days It will probably implemented without any special codes or inconvenience,I'm not sure though, It could just be automatic no charge at some point and youle find you didnt have the 14.99 taken for that month, but i'm only guessing.

I guess my response didnt really help because I'm guessing or making an assumption.

I just thought I read it somewhere in the forum thats its no hassle.

Not sure how or when the shedualed free month would be executed, they may email and notify you.

Edited by CygnusMX

No - as Greg's post mentions - everyone will have until April 22nd at noon CDT (5:00pm GMT) to gain either Legacy Level 6 or a level 50 character.

That hasn't changed - every active subscriber.

Out of curiosity, if my account expires between when the e-mails were sent and the 22nd, will the gametime and/or pet still be applied?

Edited by Jeralin

In order to receive your thirty (30) days of game time, you must meet the following requirements:

•Have an active subscription and have a Level 50 character by April 12, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT or April 22, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT.

•OR have an active subscription with a Legacy Level 6 account by April 22, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT.

Your account must not be banned.

To be an active subscriber:

•You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.

•You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code.

I think to play it safe I'de pay and remain Subscribed, meaning Keep your subscription active,you may invalidate your free month if you break your active account status.

But the question still remains Will you be charged your next billing cycle?

I'm sure they have it worked out, but I personaly wouldnt risk a break in my subscription, it may invalidate your free game time.

•You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code.

If your subscription is recurring you shouldnt worry.

But it does say your account must be ACTIVE

If you dont redeem a game time code and your game time expires in 2 days and there is a break in your subscription you may be excluded.

I'm only assuming that not paying your sub between when your time expires and April 22nd will deem you as INACTIVE and you would be excluded

Edited by CygnusMX

I think it's a no hassle situation , if you are getting the free 30 days It will probably implemented without any special codes or inconvenience,I'm not sure though, It could just be automatic no charge at some point and youle find you didnt have the 14.99 taken for that month, but i'm only guessing.

I guess my response didnt really help because I'm guessing or making an assumption.

I just thought I read it somewhere in the forum thats its no hassle.

Not sure how or when the shedualed free month would be executed, they may email and notify you.

well got my mail on the 13th about the free 30 days and it does say they will go into effect once the billing period expires, so in my case 2 days.

But that is why i wanted an official answer. I will ask again , in 2 days when my subscription is due to be renewed do i get charged or will the 30 free days start ?

well got my mail on the 13th about the free 30 days and it does say they will go into effect once the billing period expires, so in my case 2 days.

But that is why i wanted an official answer. I will ask again , in 2 days when my subscription is due to be renewed do i get charged or will the 30 free days start ?

If you got that email i dont think you should have any issues, but Customer service would probably fix it if it doesnt kick in.

Just an opinion

I doubt many people really that upset about the free month.

They ARE ENTITLED to express how they feel about the misdirected gesture based on a ridiculouse premise.And they admit its misdirected , otherwise WHY CHANGE it or try to FIX it.

I'm sure some 30 day new boy going to get their panties tied in a knot and wave their little cookie around because they are incapable of allowing people the entitlement to express valid dissapointment in an obviouse PR F'Up.

Everytime someone expresses a valid and reasonable negative response to a promo F'Up ( Yes a Promo F'up Because they felt a need to try and FIX the F'up and with good reason) there is someone who wasnt effected that screams bloody murder "You Dont Deserve It" You Dont Contribute because of your Gameing Style,work schedual, Life style,you have children ,Your playing the game wrong, My gameing style is right yours is wrong......bla bla bla whine whine whine

If you werent effected, eat your little cookie, No one cares that you got your little cookie.

Resentful attitudes towards people who are responding to a definate misguided misdirected promo (yes Misguided Misdirected promo that required a FIX) that back fired.Is also misguided misdirected maliciouse unfounded and irrelevant and should be disregarded and devalued as useless opinion as they remain uneffected by this PR F'up that needed a fix.

Now I know there are plenty of people that are not skipping around waiving their little cookie around as if their little cookie really is the center point of the argument,But unfotunately there are New boys waiving their little cookie around and scolding people as if people dissaprove that they got their little cookie.

No one cares about your little cookie,People are discussing poor public relations that is admittedly poor because it required a fix.Last I heard fixing a mistake is admitting that there is a mistake,you dont fix whats not broken.

A promo F'up that required fixing is the issue.

Do not worry its not a personal attack on your little cookie....your cookie is safe and sound.

Bad promotion that required a fix is the issue.

This guy hit the nail on the head!! Bad PR is exactly what I was saying.

Descrimination:treating people differently through prejudice: unfair treatment of one person or group.

You are being descriminated because of real life barriers, playstyle and appreciation of the game content.

PS - yes i have 3 50s and got 30 days so i am not here cuz i didn't get the free time. I am here cuz this promotion is ridiculous and so wrong in my opinion!!!!!!! many people deserve it more that didn't get it.

Well too bad this simple paragraph didnt get through to a few thick skulls.

its common sense and not a maliciouse attack on those who are simply expressing dissapointment.

The people posting are not attacking the people who recieved the 30 days free.

They are expressing opinion on a PR issue.

But some who did recieve the free days are acting as if these opinions are direct attacks on their free gameplay time and thats not the case.

Then try to piss all over someones gameplay style, life style, gameing abilities,commitments, gameing preferances in retaliation.

Edited by CygnusMX

Well too bad this simple paragraph didnt get through to a few thick skulls.

its common sense and not a maliciouse attack on those who are simply expressing dissapointment.

The people posting are not attacking the people who recieved the 30 days free.

They are expressing opinion on a PR issue.

But some who did recieve the free days are acting as if these opinions are direct attacks on their free gameplay time and thats not the case.

Then try to piss all over someones gameplay style, life style, gameing abilities,commitments, gameing preferances in retaliation.

So true it really saddens me that Humans have come to this but thats a whole different topic all together. Thx CygnusMX its good to know some people still really read what people type instead of auto attacking before using their brain! :)

Edited by Daelars

I, for one, appreciate this gesture very much. Not that I really care all that much about a free month (I don't), it just sucked not being counted as a "valuable customer" simply due to not having a lvl 50. I meet the new criteria by a wide margin. Well done, BW! You've more than earned my continual loyalty.

I, for one, appreciate this gesture very much. Not that I really care all that much about a free month (I don't), it just sucked not being counted as a "valuable customer" simply due to not having a lvl 50. I meet the new criteria by a wide margin. Well done, BW! You've more than earned my continual loyalty.

Exactly. It's the attitude. I'd think their most valuable customers would be the ones who have been paying their salaries every month since the game launched, regardless of what level they are or how many characters they have.

This new fix only includes level 50's and people who have a legacy of 6 or higher. Which doesn't include myself and many others. People who have paid just as much money if not more then players who power gamed to 50. We're excluded because we don't play as often.

To top it off they imply if you didn't get the free month you're not a loyal player. I think that is what has sparked this uproar. Many are wrongly outcast as disloyal, myself included, and now we are rightfully upset. It has nothing to do with entitlement. If they worded it differently I wouldn't mind, but they didn't and there it is.

Just because I'm not a hardcore gamer right now doesn't mean I won't be in the future. I just have a lot on my plate right now. Two jobs, college classes, and a girlfriend.

This extended time to get the requirements is a nice gesture, but it comes at the worst time for myself and many of the players that attend college--finals.

I've played other MMO's for years: EQ for 2+ years, SWG for 7+ years, WoW for 5+ years. In WoW I had one of every class at least to level 80 and one at 85. I won't ever go back to WoW though. I'm done with that game. Just pointing out that at times I am not a casual player. I would like to enjoy ToR and I am. This actually is my only complaint with the game so far.

I have followed this game for years. I have beta tested this game. I bought the deluxe game. I was an early release player. I've subbed since day one and have not stopped. I also have brought many players to this game.

Then... a laser to the knee. From SW:ToR no less!

I most likely will not quit, at least not forever, as I do love this game and a lot of my friends play. I will, however, quit for a pay period. I hate to be petty, but I'm not going to continue to give them money so others can play for free.

Love you ToR, but I don't think you love me... so we're taking a break. I'm going to bone so many other games while we're apart too.

Edited by JotoSai

This might have been answered before, so I apologize infornt, but ehre's the question:

I meet the level and legacy requirements for free 30 days, however, I have cancelled subsribtion which expires on 19th April.

Do I have to re-sub to get free 30 days, or my account will get free 30 days without re-subbing?

Thanks in advance.

Descrimination:treating people differently through prejudice: unfair treatment of one person or group.

You are being descriminated because of real life barriers, playstyle and appreciation of the game content.

1. You had time from december to get to either level 50 or legacy 6.

2. You still have time until April 22 to meet any of the two targets. Put up or shut up, as they say.

You have time until April 22 to meet the requirements. Unless you have given up before you started and decided to play the martyr...

there.. can we be friends now?