Respecing to DPS

D_anger

I have been a healing scoundrel from day one. I have been fully geared as a pvp healer for a while now, making a few minor upgrades, but I am considering as the title suggests, respeccing to DPS for the fun of it, every now and then.

Unfortunately, I am located on one of the lowly oceanic servers with almost no population and no one to discuss this with, so i am here asking for help. I was hoping for full spec trees from some of the more accomplished PvP scoundrels. I am not sure which points to prioritise in terms of energy reduction / surivability / dps output / and overall, which abilities to maximise at all times.

I think I will have the rotation down, as its happened to me enough times for me to get used to it, but any suggestions or tips on that would be great as well.

Cheers

K

Edited by D_anger

The style of play may take some getting used to.

As regards stats:

alacrity: no. Scrapper's instant abilities mean this is useless.

accuracy: you need 102% to avoid resists on your tech attacks. Virtually all your attacks are tech attacks (except Flurry of Bolts and Quick Shot, which you'll rarely use).

cunning: yes please, as much as possible

surge: 78-79% is fine so 350 surge is enough (imho). You may get more as the alternative is useless stats like accuracy but surge has fearsome diminishing returns.

power: is nice, but not as nice as cunning.

crit: is also nice, but maybe not as nice as cunning or power. However, burst is your business, so you want a lot of crit chance from this and cunning.

endurance: health is nice, but damage is more important. You try not to stick around and get damaged.

Rotation:

Heavily depends on the situation. In fact, I don't think the idea of a "rotation" is that helpful, more a priority list.

Keep Flechette Round on them and Pugnacity on you.

Back Blast on cd, followed by Blaster Whip for the Upper Hand.

Vital Shot can be handy but it's expensive and watch it's not going to break mez when you use Flashbang.

Decide when to use Disappearing Act : as your escape from combat or to Stealth > Shoot First again to burst more.

Remember to use Sabotage Charge, it does a pile of damage and has a good range. If someone looks like they're getting away before I can kill them, a cover > sabo charge > vital shot can finish them off.

Also remember to use Flurry of Bolts. It's ranged and free.

XS Freighter Flyby does loads of damage and stops caps, you can cast and restealth before it hits anyone if you don't get targetted.

Scrapper's a lot of fun, but you need to work at it. And get some good gear, it helps the burst.

Check out Daiyukie's thread here . Good luck!

Edited by Wainamoinen