45 New Servers?

Jowy

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will new servers mater at this point? Most people have guilds or friends already on a server and will most likely join them there. I can only see new servers effecting people coming in after the 20th and are completely new to the game.

This is why they should've let all prelaunch guild players that qualified and had a preorder/EGA code in on the same day.

them better be crashed servers or they are asking for a crapstorm thats a total spit in the face they add that many new servers and not invite every preoder and only about 4 servers world wide are full.

Nope, they are totally new servers. If they go up tonight.... ohh, they'd better have really big umbrellas.... just the fact that they are there shows that they could have put us all in if they wanted....

Good eye! We have indeed added more servers to the Server Status page. The plan has always been to open new servers throughout Early Access, so this is just the first step in preparing a new batch of servers to open. While these are not live tonight, we will update this thread with newly opened servers once they are live.

Excuse me for selfishingly bumping up my topic. Just figured it'd be better for people to hear the news here than in one of those "YAY WE WILL ALL GET IN FOR SURE TOMORROW!" threads. Then again, I am somewhat of an egomaniac. EDIT: Crosspost with a yellow, whoa :o There you go guys, official information! Edited by Jowy

Good eye! We have indeed added more servers to the Server Status page. The plan has always been to open new servers throughout Early Access, so this is just the first step in preparing a new batch of servers to open. While these are not live tonight, we will update this thread with newly opened servers once they are live.

So does this mean all other devout Swtor fans waiting for the one single glorious email of our lifetime, will finally have their dream come true on the morrow?

David ... you totally ruined my picture of robotic moderators now !

How can you dare to act normally by entering a thread and giving out informations ?

It is very welcome, thanks a lot for that reply, but honestly, it made me thinking ...

Every bit of information is very welcome at all time :)

Yep, this is suddenly my new favorite hobby!

Awesome!

Lets be friends ! if you going Jedi....lets be enemies!

um...actually...you're a cube, i dont have many Cube friends.

How do i befriend a cube ???

Edited by Mooglyn

Don't you play for the Giants?

So these 45 new servers have been sitting there the whole time, and yet we were told to wait in the wings to make sure servers did not crash?

You've never worked in IT have you?

What's better: 50 servers crashing due to an unforseen bug, or 100 servers crashing due to an unforseen bug?

Having lived through many a rough launch (Anarchy Online's launch being the most memorable), I appreciate their somewhat cautious approach to the launch. Hopefully all the early bugs will ahve been worked out by the time I get in tomorrow or the next day.

You've never worked in IT have you?

What's better: 50 servers crashing due to an unforseen bug, or 100 servers crashing due to an unforseen bug?

Having lived through many a rough launch (Anarchy Online's launch being the most memorable), I appreciate their somewhat cautious approach to the launch. Hopefully all the early bugs will ahve been worked out by the time I get in tomorrow or the next day.

Erm......50? No 100, no 50!

Edited by Mace_UK