You are aware of how terrible expertise is?

Xinika

lol so much fail in this thread.

Rakata mods in BM gear? The only difference between the gear is the 1 mod you can't take out, the other 2 mods match the respective slot for each other. Really for my class anyways its pulling a few champ mods out and putting them in BM gear.

As for PvE vs PvP gear...yes please keep telling yourself that the PvE gear is just as good or better than PvP gear. I enjoy seeing someone in full columi/rakata or mixing it with champ/BM. I love to see the big number hits i get on them and enjoy watching their health just drop.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BM Gear with Rakata Mods .... nothing come close

You realize battlemaster and rakata gear use the same mods right? You can just itemize them. The difference is that pve gear usually has significantly higher strength and endurance (for warriors) then pvp gear. If both sets of armor have the exact same mods, you're looking at trading something like 25 strength and 18 endurance from a Columi chest and Champ chest, for a measly 46 expertise. Since expertise starts hitting deminishing returns immediately, the more you stack, the less effective it gets.

Basically, stacking to 500 is your best bet, and then going full pve from that point. I use 3 piece armor, implants, earpiece, bracers, and belt for pvp, and 2 piece pve armor (chest and pants), with pve mainhand and offhand. I get both 2 piece set bonuses, which is better then my 4 piece, and the pve weapons are much better then the pvp equivalents (and they can have their mods/enhances/crystal changed).

You realize battlemaster and rakata gear use the same mods right? You can just itemize them. The difference is that pve gear usually has significantly higher strength and endurance (for warriors) then pvp gear. If both sets of armor have the exact same mods, you're looking at trading something like 25 strength and 18 endurance from a Columi chest and Champ chest, for a measly 46 expertise. Since expertise starts hitting deminishing returns immediately, the more you stack, the less effective it gets.

Basically, stacking to 500 is your best bet, and then going full pve from that point. I use 3 piece armor, implants, earpiece, bracers, and belt for pvp, and 2 piece pve armor (chest and pants), with pve mainhand and offhand. I get both 2 piece set bonuses, which is better then my 4 piece, and the pve weapons are much better then the pvp equivalents (and they can have their mods/enhances/crystal changed).

What are you talking about with DR? The DR on every other stat in the game is MUCH harsher than the DR on expertise, it's practically non-existant.

It basically boils down to if the other guy can't kill you, you can always kill him. This is amplified when there is healing present. PvE gear gets you more HP, while PvP gear gets you reduction, yet reduction is unfathomably more powerful than a correspond HP change. If you can lose half of your HP permanently for 50% permanent mitigation, you'd be practically immortal in PvP with any healing support. If you double your HP but take double the damage, you'd basically be a joke in PvP (nobody will have the resources to ever heal you to full). While the Rakata gear guy gains 12% more HP, the BM guys simply takes 12% less damage and the two is not comparable in survivality because heals are usually static.

Where do you get this 50% you keep bringing up...?

Right now - with almost full Champ gear (missing trinkets and earring), I'm at 505 Expertise, 10% health. If I upgrade to full champ, I hit about 11%

No where near 50%.

Yes - PvE gear does make a difference, but to be brutally honest with you - I'd be more survivable with 4pc Rakata, and do more damage, therefore surviving more, because I'd kill faster. In fact, Columi isn't that incomparable with Champion Gear, and will provide better benefits also.

I just hope they get ride of the PVP stat all together - it creates an unbalanced playfield. This is one thing that should have never migrated from Wow design.

You could have different PVP gear without this stat and still give the PVP'ers something to work towards but also means for those wanting to play PVP between questing, Flashpoints or whatever that both could be equal ... simply different looks or something else such as a set bonus.

If you only PVP and never get into an OPs or FP, then you can still compete with those that do. And visa-versa.

Personally, warzones almost never proc on my server for L50s so I have stopped playing them for now, but I really do feel the pain being a part time PVP'er vs the PVP mainstay.

Puzzles me why people think this is a good addition to the PVP design.

You wont have 17k hp in full BM gear... more like 16k hp if you go your damage/healing set (not tank stat)... also in full BM you will have roughly 1300 unbuffed of your main dps stat (str/aim/cunning/will), with full top quality PVE with augment slots you're looking at around 1700 of main dps stat.

basically if you go full PVE you'll have roughly 400 more of your main dps stat along with 3k more hp than if you went BM.

Though the best way to do it is to go roughly half PVE, and half PVP regarding gear.

This guy wins. If you want to have an optimal character for PVP listen to him.

You wont have 17k hp in full BM gear... more like 16k hp if you go your damage/healing set (not tank stat)... also in full BM you will have roughly 1300 unbuffed of your main dps stat (str/aim/cunning/will), with full top quality PVE with augment slots you're looking at around 1700 of main dps stat.

basically if you go full PVE you'll have roughly 400 more of your main dps stat along with 3k more hp than if you went BM.

Though the best way to do it is to go roughly half PVE, and half PVP regarding gear.

Wow you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about lol

Lmao. How clueless can one person be. Not even going to bother responding.

Truly , people these people dont understand one thing about top end game.

BM gear is not meant to compete with you gear less players , it is meant to compete with the top PvE gear , those people get at operations.

Now people come full green , and get surprised they are trashed by a BM , let me break you the news , if 1 geared PvE player come close to you , he will trash you just the same, it is your gear that is bad.

People just need to not complain about pvp gear at all, the common

"I get destroyed because I cant spend weeks farming BM gear and gear shouldnt matter"

While I agree with you that in pvp gear should be meaningless, progression should be ladder based only... the pvp gear in this game is a joke to get.

PvP gear progression is so fast in this game in fact. I JUST hit 50 Monday morning, I had the day off which is rare, I managed to complete the weeklies, and had my 1 bag plus 5 from the 1000/1000 tokens. I ended monday with buying the BM implant and earpiece, getting cent belt/wrist/chest and 2 relics. I bought another bag from pvping that day and got lucky with a blaster token and had enough tokens to buy the cent legs.

The next day (tuesday) completed the weeklies before work, and ended up in full cent/champ gear. 5/14 pieces are champion (weapon, offhand, ear, 2x implant)

In two days I managed to get 500 expertise, I can go toe to toe with most BMs and win. I am already valor 54 and will probably ding battlemaster this weekend. In summuary quit whining about pvp/pve gear in this game, its really fast and easy to gear up.

TLDR: Most games I would agree that gear should be meaningless in pvp, but in SWTOR the gear progression is so fast and painless that if your complaining your either a fresh 50 who hasnt done the pvp quests at all yet, or just clueless.

What are you talking about with DR? The DR on every other stat in the game is MUCH harsher than the DR on expertise, it's practically non-existant.

I didn't say the DR was harsher, don't put words in my mouth. I said expertise starts hitting deminishing returns as soon as you start getting it. The fact that expertise has DR at all de-values its usefulness as a stat anyway. Since it's a pvp stat, it should scale linearly, that would entice players to go full pvp gear. Since it's on DR, players can stack a reasonable amount, and then pursue other stats that will be more beneficial; just like with the surge nerf.

Look, without logs and parses it is impossible to know how much of an impact expertise really has. What we know is that because expertise is on the armoring the item budget for expertise takes away a large chunk of your main stat and endurance, so you basically trade away survivability and damage for survivability and damage, so even if expertise is better it is not THAT much better than pve gear. It really depends on class, take a marauder for example, they heal 2% of their total hps each time one of their dots crits, can you really guarantee that having 12% dmg resistance is better than a much higher hp pool and crit rate? well, i don't know. I know it would be damn close though. On the other hand for a healer class having "stronger" hps because of high expertise is better than having a larger hp pool, because it makes his heals doubly better. The game is still in it's infancy but i have seen people dominate in pvp gear and i've seen people dominate in pve gear. The main stat/endurance penalty you take for wearing expertise gear makes the gap between the two almost negligible.

Truly , people these people dont understand one thing about top end game.

BM gear is not meant to compete with you gear less players , it is meant to compete with the top PvE gear , those people get at operations.

Now people come full green , and get surprised they are trashed by a BM , let me break you the news , if 1 geared PvE player come close to you , he will trash you just the same, it is your gear that is bad.

Pretty much.

Agreed, its dumb. The problem is with the soft cap on expertise, and the (confusingly idiotic) fact that pve gear has more endurance (what?)

Take away the Diminishing returns on expertise (or reduce them) and switch the endurance and all will be right. Right now i'm joining hardmode raids to get rakatta gear to pvp in.

Wut.

Make it so every thing is even on PvP gear/PvE gear except put accuracy on PvE gear and make it needed. Put expertise on PvP gear and no accuracy and make accuracy not needed (ignore base defense but not stacked defense).

Oh wow I just made PvP gear the best gear for pvp unless it DRs way too hard, but it wouldn't matter since it's the exact same stats and accuracy does nothing.

Edited by Nocorras

as Andante say, half pvp and half pve, thats what all the pro people did back in wrath for arenas, and it also applies here

Indeed, this reminds me of when I had to get things like Death Bringers Will for my warrior and mix/match pve equipment for stupendous ArP. Though, this is 'smart' or 'pro', think about the average joe. Why should they have to go through a whole other playing field they are not interested in?