Noob Tanks on ops

Ok since 1.3 has come out ive now been in 3 ops runs (hms) in which the tanks that have joined us are basically idiots.... people seem to now think ohh a hm op i can get good gear there and just sign up.

i do lfgs in rep and imp fleet because obviously i need people to run with me (low guild membership) and its not the healers that let us down or the dps but the tanks.... And in no way am i insulting tje decent tanks out there good job and keep up the good work.

However why must idiots constantly play games we love?

as happened 2 times previosly and again today the 2 tanks let us down it was only suppose to be a quick run through evhm for remaining gear (stated that too when lfg) yet the tanks let us down on the droid by not turning on gharj by not tanking away from healers and again on soa 3 level by running away from pillars .....

EVEN AFTER HEALERS WERE HEALING THEM THROUGH ENRAGE

We also tried axplaining many many times what to do in the end we kicked em brought in 2 more dps and out guardian dps tanked

All i can say is noob tanks please please read up on what you have to do before doing a HM

I dunno ive run with some real good ones picked up off the fleet guess ive kind of been spoilt with tanks before that are just epic ...perfect tanking, then i tank myself on my alt a few ops hms so that when a noob comes and does it its just a million times more frustrating after explaining to em what to do step by step lol

.... Times like these i miss being able to use my tank companion lol

Ok since 1.3 has come out ive now been in 3 ops runs (hms) in which the tanks that have joined us are basically idiots.... people seem to now think ohh a hm op i can get good gear there and just sign up.

i do lfgs in rep and imp fleet because obviously i need people to run with me (low guild membership) and its not the healers that let us down or the dps but the tanks.... And in no way am i insulting tje decent tanks out there good job and keep up the good work.

However why must idiots constantly play games we love?

as happened 2 times previosly and again today the 2 tanks let us down it was only suppose to be a quick run through evhm for remaining gear (stated that too when lfg) yet the tanks let us down on the droid by not turning on gharj by not tanking away from healers and again on soa 3 level by running away from pillars .....

EVEN AFTER HEALERS WERE HEALING THEM THROUGH ENRAGE

We also tried axplaining many many times what to do in the end we kicked em brought in 2 more dps and out guardian dps tanked

All i can say is noob tanks please please read up on what you have to do before doing a HM

Unfortunately if your going to pug HM OPs odds are that your going to keep getting people like that. Only advice I can give you is leave your current inactive guild and join one that raids on a regular basis. I hardly ever Pug raids because I simply cannot stand Pugs. They frustrate me to the point that i want to snap my keyboard in half and throw my monitor through the window.

All righty. Here it is folks. If your a pug tank, and you've never run a HM op before, you should be up front about it at the very beginning. If your experienced with said op and your NOT the tank, perhaps the inexperienced "noob" needs some advice. If everyone is up front about their experience, takes things slow and everyone is patient and follows directions well, there is no reason not to be able to beat a hm op other than perhaps people being grossly under-geared for said operation. (if you are not sure, have a more experienced person inspect you)

The key to any raid in any game is simply gear and following directions. If you don't have the gear your toast. If you can't follow directions well, your toast. Simple as that. It may take a couple wipes to get it all down, but if your geared enough and can follow directions well and have a bit of patience you'll have minimal problems. If someone comes in and is an *** hat, boot em.

The most common mistake I've noticed is players who solo leveled without doing much group work don't use their taunts at the right time. Blowing their defensive cooldowns when they don't really need them seems to be the 2nd biggest mistake.

However, I find that being nice and understanding to "newb" tanks helps.

Example from last night: A tank assassin kept using PvP tactics in HM BP (he said he was primarily PvP so I'm guessing it was automatic for him). Despite him causing two wipes (I haven't wiped on a non HM LI flashpoint in so long that it was nostalgic) we were patient because he admitted his mistake - he kept using Force Cloak to go run and self healing whenever his health was below 40% despite that not being a good idea on a boss fight. While this is only an HM FP example not a Story Op example, I felt it gets the point across that the problem isn't fresh tanks, but tanks who REFUSE to admit they are making mistake.

Not everyone knows the tactics for every single place, let me guess you're a dps?

I am a tank a dps and a healer i like playing as all of them tje fact is we tried explaining the tactics but when someone doesnt listen and keeps being ignorant it can ruin the op for everyone