leveling a merc, defenses question

AlCorazon

Hey guys,

So I am leveling a merc from the ground up (didn't buy a token).

I am currently at 58, but I onyl have 1 defense that is the bubble called energy shield, and colto overload, will there be any other clickable defense coming at higher levels?

Thank you!

Hey guys,

I am currently at 58, but I onyl have 1 defense that is the bubble called energy shield, and colto overload, will there be any other clickable defense coming at higher levels?

Thank you!

I think at 58 you have most.

1. Hit k

2. look at skills (the discipline-specific skills are all there, all the way up)

3. look at utilities (Kolto Surge, Trauma Regulators)

In addition to those I think you still get Responsive Safeguards? the reflect/selfheal? That comes later (my Commando doesn't have it at 65).

Edit: Yeah, RS is at 66.

Edited by stoopicus

As Stoopicus said, the big one you'll get is Responsive Saveguards - ie. the reflect.

However, assuming you're playing DPS, don't discount Chaff Flare (which becomes useful in PvP at 52).

For IO, chaff flare gives you 35% defense for 6 seconds - but for Arsenal, it actually gives you 5 charges of full absorb against force or tech damage. It'll only last a second or so if you're getting ganked by more than one person, but is enough to eat a big hit under the right circumstances.

Save it for just before a PT's thermal detonator explodes, or a Sorc's thundering blast, or a mara''s scream/raging burst, or a Merc's heatseeker, etc etc.

Hey guys,

Thank you!

If you want to play pvp better you reroll on pt-dd. :rolleyes: