The Ideal Guild Quiz!

Dink

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So should this work now? I am confused :(

I'm not sure what your question is Darkstar, the quiz has always "worked" insofar as being functional, and does produce a list of recommended guilds...what are you asking about?

I'm not sure what your question is Darkstar, the quiz has always "worked" insofar as being functional, and does produce a list of recommended guilds...what are you asking about?

The update on page 1 read (To me) that it wasn't going to actually produce a match because of the new server forums, though I didn't quite understand it.

I went through anyway and never got a match, so I wasn't sure if that was my criteria, or because of that.

The update on page 1 read (To me) that it wasn't going to actually produce a match because of the new server forums, though I didn't quite understand it.

I went through anyway and never got a match, so I wasn't sure if that was my criteria, or because of that.

When they reorganized the forums this last time, they introduced individual server forums, so each guild needed to create new recruitment threads to go along with that. Any guild that didn't create new threads (and provide an update to me so I could update their records within the quiz), and were included in the quiz, had a broken link on their information shown when they were a recommended guild in the quiz results. There are still a number of guilds I'm trying to get an update from, but for the most part, all links in the results are now accurate.

The quiz itself has always worked, but the links to guilds in the recommended list displayed upon taking the quiz, is what the update was referring to.

If you're not seeing any results, it's most likely due to the criteria you're using - things like "What language does your ideal guild primarily use?" is probably the most limiting option at the moment since as of this post, there's only one guild included that chose a different language than "English" (and currently, their recruitment link is broken), so if you're choosing anything different, it won't show you any results.

I would recommend leaving all the initial filters as default (although server choice is a viable filter since the list is based on guilds selections and will only show a server that has been selected by at least one guild in the quiz), and trying from there. You also need to remember, as mentioned in the OP:

What if I'm not happy with the guilds it recommended?

It is impossible to please everyone, but let me provide some insight into some of the reasons you may not be happy with the results. Chiefly, you must understand that the quiz can only work with what it is given. If you want a guild that does not exist, it cannot create one out of thin air, and thus you will be unhappy. Also, you should know that if you are of a very young age, your selection will be severely limited because it will not display guilds that will not accept you at your age (quite literally, as I write this, approx 90% of guilds in the quiz have a minimum age requirement). Additionally, if you specify a language, it will only recommend guilds to you that speak the language you are interested in. If it is not a common language among SWTOR players, you may be recommended very few (or zero) guilds. These are just some of the reasons and they are intentional design decisions.

Hopefully, by changing your criteria some, you should be able to see a list of recommended guilds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the link for this guild is broken

Alpha Squad Guild Server: Prophecy of the Five (PVP US-East)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=522860

Alpha Squad

Guild description:

We are a medium sized guild on the empire side. Alpha Squad is very sociable and friendly. We have a web site and vent. Our members are mature and very helpful. Our main focuses are HM Flash Points, getting our lower leveled members up to level cap, Some pvp, and just hanging out together. Our guild is a very tight knit community and we strive to provide the best possible environment for our members.

Guild Server: Prophecy of the Five (PVP US-East)

Types of members Alpha Squad is looking for:

We are looking for active, mature members of all classes and all levels. We prize quality in membership over quantity of members. We prefer our members to be sociable, so our guild chat is never dead.

Guild Recruitment Thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=522860

Ranked: 5 (Points earned = 480)

Edited by Falensawino

• 3 weeks later...

As a suggestion, you may want to have some kind of function where you can email guilds (perhaps once a month) to make sure they are up to date and still exist. Then if they don't reply within a set time they can be removed from the quiz. I know some of the guilds I was recommended had links to recruitment threads that no longer exist.

Something else I thought of too, some way for people to weight the questions in order of their preferences. For example, if I care more about a light side guild than the guild structure I can weight that question more heavily to reflect that desire.

Edited by Trinak

** UPDATE **

I've gone through and updated the list of guilds to include on those that have an active recruitment thread, so all links should now be working.

As a result of this, I've removed a large number of guilds from display, so if you are a leader of a guild that was previously included in the quiz but no longer show (Guild List), you will need to contact me via PM here, or via the support email address ( support@tortoolbox.com) to have your information updated and added back to the list of guilds displayed.

It is my intent to keep the list of guilds included updated and accurate, and I apologize for letting things slip for so long.

Thank you to everyone that has continued to support the quiz for these past few years, and in the years to come :)

--------------------

the link for this guild is broken

Alpha Squad Guild Server: Prophecy of the Five (PVP US-East)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=522860

As of my latest cleanup, this has been taken care of.

As a suggestion, you may want to have some kind of function where you can email guilds (perhaps once a month) to make sure they are up to date and still exist. Then if they don't reply within a set time they can be removed from the quiz. I know some of the guilds I was recommended had links to recruitment threads that no longer exist.

All guilds listed should be accurate as of my maintenance today, and I'll work to make certain I keep things validated and as current as possible through regular communication with guild leaders.

Something else I thought of too, some way for people to weight the questions in order of their preferences. For example, if I care more about a light side guild than the guild structure I can weight that question more heavily to reflect that desire.

The current design of the quiz has each question assigned a weight which will influence the results given at the end, and will not currently support a custom weight system for each user - I do like the suggestion though, and if I wind up redesigning it in a way that would allow for that level of individual customization, I'll certainly keep your suggestion in mind - thanks :)

European Servers are missing.

There are currently 6 guilds listed across 3 different European servers (guild list), and those servers do show in the selection drop down menu (The Progenitor, The Red Eclipse, and Tomb of Freedon Nadd).

• 2 weeks later...