Why no acknowledgement of overpowered heals?

MajinUltima

I'm unsure of how you got the impression that I read what I want to read. I'm sure you are unaware of this, but there is such a thing as supporting evidence. I read the statements, and since there is no question of what the author meant, there is no interpretation problem. I then quoted the previously referenced statements, and came to the conclusion that you and your pal are seriously lacking in either the intelligence or comprehension department. This is a phenomenon known as drawing conclusions. It's not witchcraft, I promise.

My suggestion is that you spend less time being a forum warrior, and more time devoted to furthering your education beyond a 5th grade level.

Back to the original point of this thread. Healing is what Bioware wants it to be. I said previously that it is not OP, and I don't believe that it is. I do think that the skill level required is significantly lower than pre- 2.0, but prior to 2.0 I remember complaints that there weren't enough support classes in WZ......

He said people can only get big numbers if they are not following objectives and he follows objectives, but he just claimed he can get big numbers therefore doesn't that mean he isn't following objectives himself? Is that not a contradiction?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 10-0 Alderaan is decided in the first 30 seconds too. The only difference is that it takes 20 minutes for the inevitable result to play out.

I guess I dont consider 1 turret being flipped inevitable. I work with my team to try and win, and if we dont win:

GG

That is 20 minutes of non-stop pvp action, thats why I play.

Healers have completely dominated PVP since ~1.2 or 1.3 (not so much Commando/Merc).

Really? Healers have dominated PvP since the 'Nerf of the Gods' of 1.2 and on? Where were you when BioWare all but obliterated Sorcerer/Sages with their "we'll rebalance" these class into the ground? Where were you when countless thousands unsubscribed after their main class characters were reduced to flammable nuclear material that couldn’t do much to heal or DPS?

Healers do not dominate any warzone. That statement by its very nature is an oxymoron. If you said, "Smashers are dominated warzones with their mega-burst output of their AoE smashes/sweeps," or "PT's are god like in warzones" these would be a credible statements prior to 2.0. But to say, "Healers have complete dominated PvP since..."

How about this statement, "You're butt-hurt because a Sorcerer/Sage healer embarrassed you because you could not put them down when it was just you against them?" I find that statement more credible and believable than your opening statement of this QQ thread. All you and others want is for healers, all healers, to be 2 to 3 GCD easy kills so you can farm your medals, max out your gear, and claim to be an 'leet super uber PvP god!'

The issue here is not the healers are all powerful gods of the battlefield, but your inability to kill one 1 v 1. If you believe that, I challenge you to roll one, and play it until you reach level 55 and come back. You'll change your tune then. However, with all your moaning and QQing about our super-uber elite healers, you might find yourself needing healing and someone might just say, "Oh, I'm dominating a warzone? Ah Ha! I guess you don't need my healing to keep you up." Then you'll be back here QQing because no one is healing you in a warzone.

Healing is working as intended. Someone stated that healing and damage go hand in hand. If they nerf healing again in a manner they did in 1.2 and beyond, players who play healers will become rare sights within a warzone. Why? Because they'll reroll to the new FoTM so they won't be your farming object anymore. The true issue is you need to become intimately familiar with your chosen AC and intimately familiar with your target to defeat them. QQing about it will not help you to improve your skillz.

Yeah I guess I am at the 5th grade, but the guy did write that he is not averaging more than 300k damage, but the very next sentence he wrote he can get 600-900k damage. Did you read that. LOL

And to reiterate my point about your lack of comprehension....

My assassin rarely breaks 300k because I'm either away from the main fight and pressuring off nodes or I'm beating on a guarded healer or a tank trying to wear down the heal/tank combo, while when I get on my juggernaut I hit 600-900k almost every match but I'm also not really killing anyone.

And to this..

He said people can only get big numbers if they are not following objectives and he follows objectives, but he just claimed he can get big numbers therefore doesn't that mean he isn't following objectives himself? Is that not a contradiction?

Please read colored text for comparison.

And to this..

O and I am not basing what I am saying only on those 2 post. But if you just take it from there you are right. LOL

And to this..

Isn't killing as a dps part of the objectives therefore if he is not killing anybody as a dps then he is not doing his objectives. LOL this guy.

O and I am not basing what I am saying only on those 2 post. But if you just take it from there you are right. LOL

At any rate, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Your other posts in this thread have some interesting and valid points. The most valid point I take from all of it (whether it was your intended point or not) is that teamwork is now required to down a healer. You said that if you attack the healer, he stops healing the tank. Then you can down the tank and leave the healer with no guard. All this requires coordination which is not very prevalent in pug matches. It makes it seem as though heals are OP, but in reality they aren't.

Someone else posted that heals are directly related to damage done, and that is true as well. You can't heal what isn't hurt.

At any rate, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Your other posts in this thread have some interesting and valid points. The most valid point I take from all of it (whether it was your intended point or not) is that teamwork is now required to down a healer. You said that if you attack the healer, he stops healing the tank. Then you can down the tank and leave the healer with no guard. All this requires coordination which is not very prevalent in pug matches. It makes it seem as though heals are OP, but in reality they aren't.

Someone else posted that heals are directly related to damage done, and that is true as well. You can't heal what isn't hurt.

yeah and you said the same thing as me about teamwork. I agree on all of that.

Since no one is going to answer what this thread asks, I will. The Devs are most likely not allowed to come on the forums and tell you that you are just plain bad. It might violate their own TOS.

I doubt that the Op is just plain bad. For a very long time, support was almost irrelevant in PvP. Tanks weren't tanks, healers were pulling double duty and often outdamaging what they were healing, and in general it was kill kill kill kill kill. Now, the game requires coordination, skill, and knowledge of yourself AND your opponent. I suspect this is even more emphasized with bolster.

The problem could very well be that the OP, like many others, aren't accustomed to strategies and gameplans concerning support classes.

I doubt that the Op is just plain bad. For a very long time, support was almost irrelevant in PvP. Tanks weren't tanks, healers were pulling double duty and often outdamaging what they were healing, and in general it was kill kill kill kill kill. Now, the game requires coordination, skill, and knowledge of yourself AND your opponent. I suspect this is even more emphasized with bolster.

The problem could very well be that the OP, like many others, aren't accustomed to strategies and gameplans concerning support classes.

Stalemate was always the inevitable outcome between two very strong teams. It's just that the skill requirement for healing has decreased so much that this result can be seen even at the PUG level on a regular basis. It's not about overpowered or not. Having a game of Huttball that is solely determined by who grabbed the ball more times is just not very exciting. Yes the better team will usually grab the ball more times because they'd coordinate the CCs better, but it feels totally weird to know once you grab the ball the other side has no chance of stopping you, and vice versa.

I don't know, in that I don't think healers are overpowered, maybe certain healers could be considered harder to kill then others. I know I play a sorcerer and yes I am a little bit harder to kill then before, but that doesn't mean I don't die at all. In ever match I play, I solo que and I end up alot of times facing off against pre-made teams on either side and no matter how hard I try to keep myself or others healed I will become focused ot even solo'd down by better players.

It's definately aggravating, and I do record every single match and put the end results into a spreedsheet so I can follow my progress and that of others. Times I see hinky stuff and when I question it people say o look a qq, when I am just asking a simple question. Like for me if everyone is running around smooth and 1 person looks like a strobe light and others see it. Or a person stands on a terminal to cap in bova coast and is not targetable or is capping thru the wall I want to ask if thats possible.

But as a healer, I get some ok matchs, alot of bad matchs, and only having 13 wins and 70 loses in the last 3 weeks makes me feel disheartened to play a imperial. But I'll try till I can't take it and then take a few more months off from pvp and focus back on pve. Carreer wins 442, carreer loses 2831, got to love solo queing as a pug.

But as a healer, I get some ok matchs, alot of bad matchs, and only having 13 wins and 70 loses in the last 3 weeks makes me feel disheartened to play a imperial. But I'll try till I can't take it and then take a few more months off from pvp and focus back on pve. Carreer wins 442, carreer loses 2831, got to love solo queing as a pug.

This is reflective of my experience.

If pre-mades stack healers its just because they are in a trolling mood. If you can't handle 2 healers in an enemy team you are doing something wrong. I am talking about 90 procent of normal warzones. Not ranked.

I like how the OP says that if you kill a healer he is doing something bad. But if you can't kill the healer it means you never do something bad ? HA HA HA :D

Edited by Jorojus

PVP is getting more like a football game where the offensive ball never gets past the 50 yd line. Or a 1-0 baseball game after 11 innings. Who likes that?

uh...that's probably a good baseball game to watch, and probably a lot quicker than an 11-6 game. but I know what you mean. :)

uh...that's probably a good baseball game to watch, and probably a lot quicker than an 11-6 game. but I know what you mean. :)

Some PvP matches are like the Yankees versus Red Sox games now. You can think of Force Barrier and Vanish as the commercial breaks, and Force Speed and Scamper as a timeout.

i find some balance came out after a month..you can see the same amount of damage and heals and a decent number of kills(i can have more than 30 in tank spec)

bad players are bad and if you cannot focus healers and interrupt the right ability l2p

Highest overall recorded damage in 2.0 to date is 2.6m (link). Highest recorded healing is 4.3m.

Highest recorded dps is 2589, highest hps is 2907 (link).

These are the only numbers I'm aware of, and it shows quite obviously that healing is higher.

Yes healers can still be killed with proper focus/swapping and use of cc, but the healing is still over the damage by a significant margin.

Edited by JP_Legatus

Highest overall recorded damage in 2.0 to date is 2.6m (link). Highest recorded healing is 4.3m.

Highest recorded dps is 2589, highest hps is 2907 (link).

These are the only numbers I'm aware of, and it shows quite obviously that healing is higher.

Yes healers can still be killed with proper focus/swapping and use of cc, but the healing is still over the damage by a significant margin.

Aren't there healers in both "teams" ? Are you one of those guys that can't kill a healer 1 vs 1 ?

Edited by Jorojus

Aren't there healers in both "teams" ? Are you one of those guys that can't kill a healer 1 vs 1 ?

You so cute bro.

I would say normally in the most mmos one could kill healer 1 on 1 in 2 situations:

1. One is some burtsy devil stunlocking class (classy roguish archetypes).

2. In a very long battle healer go out of resource and dies. But this situation needs damage dealer to be able to make good pressure to not let healer to do damage moves only heals, cause obviously healer will outlast damage dealer, and of course it should be possible to dry healer of resource (passively with making him heal non stop and actively using mana drains etc.).

In swtor, at least in patch 2.0 we got again situation with infinite resource healers. And people suddenly start thinking of OPness.

What changed in heal power departament? Nothing, but now they just always have force - energy. Heat/ammo? May be, may be can be dried, but needs more than 1 on 1 situation.

I guess if the developers decide that healers shouldn't be able to killed 1 on 1 its like that. The way the game is atm I think its like that but not sure, maybe you'll have to ask them?

What I am trying to say is that teams are always balanced if you have everything "perfect".

Ofc in pugs warzone no 2 players are the same, so 99 procent of the whine on this forum is irrelevant.

Look at me all going carebear today :rak_01: