Sorcerer help please...

_Double-D_

Hello. Sith Sorcerer @ lvl 25 and I need help. I LOVE this game, BUT I do not love talent trees. I get fixated on them and cant focus on the game. I want a Madness/Lightning hybrid build that is effective for PVE play and I am mostly solo oreintated as I know no one in game. I want to incorperate chain lightning and AOE support as well as full advantage of whirlwind ability to help with control when needed. Please can someone recomend me a build or even put one together that will be effective and incorperate what im looking for.

Thanks,

D

I know exactly how you feel. And like many others, all i can suggest is that you try ALL the different specs that interest you untill you find a playstyle that suits you and doesn't bore you.

That being said.

I'm 45 right now and at different levels i found different builds to be the most effecient. Most of the time though, i ran a 13L / Rest madness spec, which i found to be the most fun because of all the diversity and being able to go for longer periods of time without having to be force starved.

Right now, at 40+, i feel like i'm forced to be healing though. I don't mind it, but there aren't many other options to chose from due to the quests i want to do. (Like being able to solo Heroic quests, i want that!)

The pure Lightning spec was not only draining on force, but also required you to stand still alot, which isn't very viable if you want to solo alot. It's pretty fun in Flashpoints, but on longer boss fights i had trouble keeping up.

Hope this information gave you some insight.

It's nice to hear someone else admit to obssessive specaholism :D

With the build you're creating (same as mine) you'll be obsessed with the 16 points to grab Wrath and the 11 to grab Chain Lightning. Ironically, after you get those, you'll find yourself using the Death Field you got with the 11th point in Madness and the baseline Sorcerer Force Storm as your go-to, trash-killing AOE attacks much more often than chain-lightning. Force Storm's stun side-effect is addictive... and all of those AOEs are less than spectacular in tough group fights where you'll often have an elite CC'd too close to the fight to risk any AOE.

Don't get me wrong, when you can use Chain Lightning after a Wrath proc, it's the best DD there is...even on single targets. It's just that you don't need to rush to get it nearly as much as you think you do.

I'm 41 now and this is my current spec, which is based around soloing content: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201RMZfzMMzZcMcRs0z.1

My next 2 points are going into Force Suffusion for the +10% AOE damage.