A Little Bruised, and a Little Depressed

gorstram

Just got off of the PTR, and finally got to see how bad they're nerfing Vanguard DPS. I spent a good couple of hours with the operations dummy trying everything. My Mox parses show that an 8/36/2 build is going to be the top DPS spec, but that spec does less damage than the current iteration of the 2/22/22 hybrid.

I'm hoping that my deeps will still be good enough for HM and NiMs.

Will this effect someone who a) is still levelling, b) has no idea what any of that just meant? i.e. is this end-game specific stuff?

Sorry, total rookie here, heh. Given my Vanguard is a pretty fun character, though, I figured I might as well ask.

He's specifically talking end game content. As a person who leveled a powertech, the mirror of the vanguard, he's fine for leveling, though he leaves stuff to be desired in terms of damage toward endgame.

Will this effect someone who a) is still levelling, b) has no idea what any of that just meant? i.e. is this end-game specific stuff?

Sorry, total rookie here, heh. Given my Vanguard is a pretty fun character, though, I figured I might as well ask.

You'll be perfectly fine leveling. I'm just griping about end-game content. I finally got to a place I was happy with, got used to the rotation of the hybrid spec, was putting up amazing numbers, and now I'm not sure how this is going to work come 2.4.