New HUTTBALL arenas plz!

TheOgJediCouncil

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many things higher on my priority list for PvP warzone than a new warzone (or warzone map). In no particular order:

• sorting out the bolster abomination
  • fixing the rated WZ disconnect issue. (e.g. allow reconnects)
  • improving WZ matchmaking so there are fewer ROFLSTOMPS and more reasonably competitive matches
  • rolling out RWZ season 1
  • allowing cross server PvP. (This is not identical to cross server queuing which we have been told is not coming)
  • 8v8 challenge matches (no rewards but you can pick your opponent. E.g. to play an epeen match or to practice)

Simply giving us another WZ map is like pumping more air into a tire with a gaping hole in it. Patch the tire first, then pump air.

Would love 1 or 2 more huttball maps. The first characters I pvped on in this game way back when was a PT and assassin tank. Naturally I feel in love with huttball. On my assassin I leveled with a healing sorc friend and before the 50 brackets were put in we never lost a single huttball with that combo playing about 5 a day (all we got back then was huttball). Wouldn't happen now since most people know about the classes and basic concept of huttball but this was back when people thought assassins and marauders were crap classes so yeah, not enough was known I guess.

Anyway I had so much fun in huttball back then and it is still my favorite by far, but I'd love to see something new with it.

There are so many things higher on my priority list for PvP warzone than a new warzone (or warzone map). In no particular order:

• improving WZ matchmaking so there are fewer ROFLSTOMPS and more reasonably competitive matches
  • allowing cross server PvP. (This is not identical to cross server queuing which we have been told is not coming)
  • 8v8 challenge matches (no rewards but you can pick your opponent. E.g. to play an epeen match or to practice)

Simply giving us another WZ map is like pumping more air into a tire with a gaping hole in it. Patch the tire first, then pump air.

There are far more people who play non-rated warzones. Adding more non-rated content would keep the larger majority of players more entertained.

There are far more people who play non-rated warzones. Adding more non-rated content would keep the larger majority of players more entertained.

When was the last time anything was done for rateds? Preseason a year ago. We have gotten new WZs since then and lots of other changes and nothing for rateds. What I fear is that if we apply your logic, Rated PvP will never get improvements because the majority constiutency always wants something more.

NOTE: The red items above are not specific to rated, they are quality issues that affect both rated and non-rated.

If I was never put in a huttball match ever again I'd be thrilled, in fact I often log out after huttball. I know a fair amount of people that could do without it as well. They can add all the silly ball maps they want to in the future as long as I'm allowed to que for specific warzones

Yes please! Huttball is the only map where nobody gets penalized because they don't have someone sitting out on the action watching an inactive node. Voidstar is close since the nodes are so close together that it is rare for an attacking team to just ignore one of them, but there usually tends to be an active door and an inactive door, which means someone gets stuck sitting around when they obviously queued up for pvp to fight other players.

I'd also be interested in the huttball league idea. I would love queuing up for that!

Bioware, it is highly agreable everytime i bring this topic up in game, it seems that everyone would be extremely happy for a brand new huttball arena! You know, huttball is my favorite warzone, i think it requires the most skill and team play and playing the same old arena for it is just kinda boring. If you kept the same rules and same old huttball gametype, but just gave us a whole new arena (indoor, outdoor. in space, underground. etc...) to play in with all new obsticles to the course it would be very good for the game, and make all pvpers happy: :) Thank you- Have A Nice Day

-Masterventura

1. it would be better with cross server queing.

2. they dont know how to add cross server ques.

3. see # 2.

New hutt ball match arena idea 1:

Corellia themed, same map style. Instead of fire traps, seismic charges that blast players in different directions. Plus a pulse cannon that one shots random player every 30 - 40 seconds, hutt ball shields player from cannons targeting system so ball carrier is immune! Acid trap has Fire prox charges, and like all fire traps cast a periodic fire damage on you, as well as cast slow.

Idea 2:

Manaan (A planet i would like SWTOR to bring back into the mix) Themed, same map style again. Fire traps, instead random open and close water tanks, that traps you in, potentially drowning you unless you have full health, then drops you into the pit. Acid trap becomes water with electric current flowing through it that sends out random electric charges that stuns for 8 seconds.The Progenitor makes a return, and randomly grabs player and brings them back to their own end zone every 30 - 40 seconds and stuns them for 8 seconds(stun starts from the second she grabs the player). Hutt ball has the ability to ward her off, so ball carrier in immune.

Edited by TLCuddy

they need to remove huttball entirley....it's not a warzone anyhow it's a sport...should just be a special area people and queue for seperatly, not with the actual warzones (where war is going on)

I agree with the huttball should be a separate que, and separate team rating. Really Bioware hasnt pushed this game to its potential, if they created at least 3-4 more arenas, like the ones i mentioned earlier. Then they should split it off and allow people to enter them separate from WZs. Even have a season or tournaments teams could register for. Set up like a camera viewing area so people could spectate the matches, it would really open up. I think it would take off and people would flip out at the chance to build a hutt ball team and get them into competitive matches.

• 2 weeks later...