Need help getting purple level metal

TyrKartelos

Is there a trick to getting purple level metals, specifically mandalorian iron? I run missions almost all day long, send out companions that I have the highest affection with, do other missions as well and I can go DAYS without getting any. What is a good way to increase the odds?

Use the epic mission discoverys for a guranteed 4 mando irons or chain run underworld metal missions till you get crits.

Failing that use the GTN, shouldnt really ahve to pay more than 10k per piece

Yes this is the way to go for sure, and to speed things up i have 3 toons with UT level 400.

Is there a trick to getting purple level metals, specifically mandalorian iron? I run missions almost all day long, send out companions that I have the highest affection with, do other missions as well and I can go DAYS without getting any. What is a good way to increase the odds?

Its been a mess since release. I held on for 6 months, but got tired of it....and it affected my enjoyment of the game. Have not logged on in over a month and will probably cancel. I work for a living. I play a game for fun, not frustration.

See if you have any companions with the underworld trading +1 critical skill

As cybertech i use Tanno for my Underworld missions.

Link to all companions crafting/gathering skills:

http://www.swtor-spy.com/companions/

Crafting Bonuses

Max Companion Affection (10.000) will give you 5% chance to Crit and 15% Efficiency.

Also if legacy level 12 you can buy the legacy repair droid for 1 million credits and purchase some sensors off it on your ship to equip your ships droid. These items can be sent in mail to all alts bound to legacy also. You can also group with someone who has the legacy repair droid and board thier ship to access the droid and save yourself the 1 million unlock fee but you will need 100k to buy each sensor.

Your ship droid has a sensor unit, which can be equipped with parts brought from the Repair Droid (Legacy Perk unlocked for 1 million credits). Something good to know is that if you know a friend that also brought the Repair Droid for their ship, you can simply access their ship to buy the parts without spending the 1 million!

Repair Droid sells the following 6 parts, each costing 100k. You can equip 1 sensor on your droid at a time.

Engineering Droid Sensor +5 Scavenging Efficiency +5 Cybertech Critical

Exploration Droid Sensor +5 Archaeology Efficiency +5 Synthweaving Critical

Hunter Droid Sensor +10 Investigation Efficiency +2 Armstech Critical

Medical Droid Sensor +10 Biochem Efficiency +2 Diplomacy Critical

Scout Droid Sensor +10 Artifice Efficiency +2 Treasure Hunting Critical

Security Droid Sensor +10 Armormech Efficiency +2 Underworld Trading Critical

So on my trooper i have Tanno who has +1 crew skill to critical, my ship droid who has the +2 critical sensor equiped and both at 10k affection and i can get about 5 Manda Iron a week from casually playing.

Droid companion gifts info:

•Love: Cultural

•Favorite: Technology

•Like: Luxury, Republic Memorabilia

Don’t forget about the companion gifts vendor located on the Fleet. You can buy your cultural artifact gifts from there. I saw oonline an estimate that it would take around 33,000 credits worth of rank 5 cultural artifact gifts to raise your droid to full affection.

I had similar issues obtaining Corusca gems - Treasure Hunting. I found that sending the same companion twice in a row yielded 2-3 gems the first time, but none the second time.

Sending different companions, on the same mission, one after the other, resulted with an average of 2 gems per companion.

I recently found this to be true with Mandalorian Iron. In my case, sending out a companion with Underworld Trading crits usually meant they brought in a bigger haul of gems than those without. To note, all companions I use have maxed affection.

I find this doesn't apply as well to Slicing lockbox missions, when trying to pick up purple missions. So far it's very random that I get a purple gathering skill mission and a blue lockbox :(

Edited by SeLexeL