Subscriber Appreciation Details?

Kaywinnit

i think it's great that eric told us to wait to receive an email. this sort of communication is helpful to the community and much appreciated.

before we start talking about how much bioware cares about us, shouldn't we see what's in the email? isn't the actual game and the content more important than a post saying 'wait a couple days?'

i waited more than 5 minutes to post this.

Oh I deeply appreciate Eric letting us know, I mostly posted that as a joke due to how these forums are nowadays.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I deeply appreciate Eric letting us know, I mostly posted that as a joke due to how these forums are nowadays.

Same! I think it's great eric gave us a quick FYI on this thread.

I'm just not going to get my hopes up on this one. They heard our feedback on 2.1 (Barber Shop) and seemed to understand SUBS are slightly pissed over that one's "Cost" to us. Tie that into the free name change taking another month after CM version release they do have some PR cleanup on isle one. So all that said I'm going to stand by and wait for some super surprise to show up. It would be nice to see something more than a pet or fireworks and a gift with "REAL MEAT" in it for once. :D

Hey folks,

As a heads up we are not going to be releasing details about the subscriber appreciation here on the site ahead of time. However, I would keep an eye on your email. Once we have everything finalized we will be sending an email to all subscribers, so look for that in the future! Glad you guys are all looking forward to it though, keep your eyes peeled for information soon™.

-eric

Thanks for the response, can you at least tell us when the emails will start going out?

I don't know if it's better... but I do find it entertaining. :D

Eric's answer is exactly as expected IMO. They have a history of liking to present us with "surprises". If they tell us about it in advance, it's like telling a kid what's in that present under the tree, 2 weeks before Christmas. They are being predictable in how they present surprises to the players. :p

i don't see anything wrong with eric's post. as already stated, it's not a surprise if they tell us it's a surprise. aside from that, aren't you in the wrong thread?

haven't you posted numerous times about people's expectations being too high? are you now suggesting we should expect something other than a let-down? could you please help me out here and provide some examples of where bioware exceeded common expectation in the last 5 or 6 months?

i'm trying to help out. i had higher expectations for this game, for which you berated me and said i should take responsibility. that's what i'm doing. i no longer have high expectations and i'm trying to help others manage a more reasonable view on the direction of the game. please note that nobody from bioware has made any statement regarding their priorities for the future direction of this game. we know there is content they are working on, and stuff should be expected around the second week of august. we know they had something planned for this weekend. what they have not communicated is why they did what they did with server transfers and their focus on cartel market updates without releasing anything new for subscribers.

let me help refresh your memory of your opinion of expectations:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6408601&postcount=22

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5409016&postcount=170

here you go, it's 'science'

Actually it's a fundamental component in the field of psychology, a well established arm of behavioral science & treatment, not Pseudo-philosophical claptrap.
Edited by curtkram

Hey folks,

As a heads up we are not going to be releasing details about the subscriber appreciation here on the site ahead of time. However, I would keep an eye on your email. Once we have everything finalized we will be sending an email to all subscribers, so look for that in the future! Glad you guys are all looking forward to it though, keep your eyes peeled for information soon™.

-eric

Maybe I'm just cynical, but I read that paragraph as being a polite, flowery, somewhat tongue-in-cheek way of saying "We have no idea what the surprise is yet and totally forgot about it until you guys reminded us about it"

:Prepares to lower expectations:

Hey folks,

-eric

That's great news. Thanks Eric! I'll keep an eye out for an email. I like that it is a surprise and not just something for the world to scream about before we even get it. Would be awesome if it was Treek :D

Maybe I'm just cynical, but I read that paragraph as being a polite, flowery, somewhat tongue-in-cheek way of saying "We have no idea what the surprise is yet and totally forgot about it until you guys reminded us about it"

:Prepares to lower expectations:

I bet they didn't forget about it. But I do think you're wise to keep your expectations low. You know that whatever it is, there will be people posting on the forums calling it a slap in the face.

Any chance you may be able to share some sort of information on a time table? Even a loose one? My only fear is that this will be on the 4th of july weekend and myself (and I am assuming a decent portion, but maybe I am wrong) will not be able to play due to family.

You'll still be able to check your email or hop on the website for a minute or two to see what the details are, right? I doubt it's anything that subs will have to be physically logged into the game this weekend just to get.

Hey folks,

-eric

If you really want to show me you appreaciat me for being a subscriber since day 1, you should simply make good on your promise to implement chat bubbles. All my subscription money was and is meant to go into the development of that very feature!

If you really want to show me you appreaciat me for being a subscriber since day 1, you should simply make good on your promise to implement. All my subscription money was and is meant to go into the development of that very feature![

Mine is meant to go towards development of more landscape adventuring content.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Huge is right ! it costs a WHOLE FIVE BUCKS to upgrade to preferred status. I mean.... what a rip off.

As it sits the difference between playing on a preffered account and playing as a sub - just isn't worth the price of the subscription.

Being Preferred is much more like F2P, and not even comparable to being subscribed. Look at the Features chart. The only features that both Preferred and Subscribers both get are story content (as does F2P), and Sprint at level 1.

The gap between Preferred and subscriber features begins at Crew Skills. After Character Creation, the Preferred and F2P features are the same. If everything listed between after Sprint, through Character Creation means little to you; if everything listed after Character Creation is not important to your SWTOR play, then you're right -- it isn't worth it for someone with that viewpoint to subscribe. Drop to Preferred status, then, and enjoy.

Have fun with the higher vendor costs for repairs, and items, and the 350,000 credit cap for Preferred.

I agree that there are issues that need to be addressed regarding subscriber content, and treatment.

I hope the Subscriber Appreciation is a nice thing.

I know I won't feel appreciated unless they buy me a new computer. Or maybe a new guitar. Nice American-made Strat, maybe? ;)

Can I place my order for a Les Paul then? I want the Gibson, not the cheap Epiphone.

Hey folks,

-eric

EricMusco,

I'd personally like to see the pets that were given out as the F2P cross-promotion given to subscribers as well. I certainly don't mind that these were available in a cross-promotion to new players. But I never understand why Bioware would go out of their way to explicitly exclude subscribers and not allow them to get these pets.

Wouldn't it have made more sense if the pets were given to all players (new or current subscribers) who also played EA's other F2P games?

A subscriber appreciation program might be a good opportunity to rectify such an oversight.

Hey folks,

-eric

Were you trolling us or your bosses with the "coming soon" trademark? I think that was a little jab at Hickman....well done Eric I knew you were on our side!

Yeah I love those too. Its what I currently have.

I have a cheap secondhand Ibanez, made in China, and it actually has really nice tone and plays well. It's a surprisingly good guitar considering how inexpensive it is.

I also have a Gretsch semi-hollow with a wonderful twangy / rockabilly tone. Perfect for Cult songs, Brian Setzer stuff, and more.

But I really want a Strat and Les Paul Custom. I think the Ibanez might have to go...

Hey folks,

-eric

Well, I hope you guys are looking at a long term cumulative time system. SWG had a great setup in this way, and it really worked well IMO to encourage folks to subscribe for the longest period possible.

I'm guessing it will be a large some of CC which is debateable if that is showing appreciation.

If it has anything at all to do with the CM...it's a waste, and doesn't show appreciation (at least, not in my opinion).