Wingman Ability bonus not worth while

Phantasym

The crew companion bonus Wingman has the advantage of increasing the accuracy of any friendly ships within 1000m, This seems like much too short of a range, anyone flying that close is just about riding your tail pipe, within 3000m seems much more useful. I don't think I have ever had a friendly within that range except for gunships sitting together guarding a objective.

Wingman - Accuracy increased by 20% over 20 seconds. Effect additionally applied to 2 nearby allies while they remain within 1000m of your ship

Running Interference - Evasion increased by 15% over 20 seconds. Effect additionally applied to 2 nearby allies while they remain within 1000m of your ship

Both of those abilities the secondary affect on allies never takes effect, no one is ever close enough.

If it was more it would hardly be wingman. To be a wingman you need ride just behind the wing of your leader and focus the same targets. Like biggs wedge and luke

Try flying within 1000m of your friend when he is doing anything but a straight line flight in the exact same ship. I understand its meant to be like military pilots flying in formation, that's a lot easier to do in a real plane then in this game, also in RL it is done in mostly open sky, not asteroid fields.

Not asking for a huge increase, just enough to make it useful. usually when two people are attacking the same target they are never within 1000m but might be within 3000-5000m

Try flying within 1000m of your friend when he is doing anything but a straight line flight in the exact same ship. I understand its meant to be like military pilots flying in formation, that's a lot easier to do in a real plane then in this game, also in RL it is done in mostly open sky, not asteroid fields.

Not asking for a huge increase, just enough to make it useful. usually when two people are attacking the same target they are never within 1000m but might be within 3000-5000m

Is it tho?

Pretty sure real fighting planes offer a lot more electronic equipment and a lot more precise controls to allow this type of thing then a mouse and keyboard with 3 moves.

Not saying its easy to do, but it is common for fighter pilots and extremely uncommon in this game.

I see you haven't played GS. Good luck flying in any kind of formation.

Strange, I did it a couple times last night as a random solo queue. We flew out together and I went under the beacon hit wingman and they flew around up top shooting at people. They were well within the 1000 meter range of me and we flew in a formation out to the objective. Not too hard, even for an old lady with arthritis.

Strange, I did it a couple times last night as a random solo queue. We flew out together and I went under the beacon hit wingman and they flew around up top shooting at people. They were well within the 1000 meter range of me and we flew in a formation out to the objective. Not too hard, even for an old lady with arthritis.

Maybe because the other person you were with had arthritis as well, I can't see anyone keeping up with my random movements, even the enemies trying to kill me have a problem with it, certainly no wingman could. But I suppose if you played for that effect you could because it is a smooth experience. Especially with Gunships it should be pretty easy.