Kaggath Battlegrounds Semi-Finals: Republic Resistance vs Republic Reborn

Beniboybling

Unless Nomi is stronger than Vitiate, which she is not, then I don't see this happening at all.

Traya's domination techniques and Vitiate's domination techniques are both far more impressive, and Surik resisted them both.

Not to mention that Sidious states Sorcery allows you to do what you could not with normal power levels, hence Sorcery illusions are stronger than actual manifestations like those Vitiate has displayed. Same with her Sorcery-based domination powers.

If Aleema was to raise a barrier, from Sorcery, then she'd probably have survived Nomi's assault, but she didn't. Beyond Sorcery, her power levels are not tremendously special, and when Nomi attacked her she was deep in concentration doing something else, which left her unprepared for an assault.

Neither Vitiate nor Traya have tried mental domination against Meetra, Traya actually seemed to suggest that if she did Meetra would never know about it, implying that Meetra would be helpless against such a strong TP attack.

Vitiate and Meetra's only interaction was a lightsaber throw and him analyzing her, nothing more.

Nomi doesn't even need to dominate her simply knock her off balance for a few moments.

Basic sorcery can be accomplished by many Adepts, but the kind of sorcery Aleema pulled out was far from basic.

Actually Aleema was concentrating and was amplified, she was depicted as fighting back and lost. On the second attempt the sorceress tries to use her powers but Nomi's mix of BM and TP completely nullified her power.

Keto is more powerful than you think and had training/direction under Ommin and Nadd himself, she was stated to have an iron will.

Nomi could definitely put Meetra off with a TP attack and then engage her with further Force Powers or attacks.

We should probably take Sever Force into account, Nomi has the strongest and most complete depiction of it we've seen. Meetra however has only used it instinctually and such an attack following a distraction could prove to eliminate Meetra from the fight.

We must also consider a temporary Wall of light against Revan, Mace Windu more than makes up for Vodo and six knights. Ulic was helpless against this and Nomi could teach these techniques to her fellow Jedi.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sever Force requires you to be more powerful than your opponent, or for them to be weakened.

That, and Surik can do the exact same thing, and she can actually do it off the bat since she is more powerful than Surik.

Ulic > Nomi in power yet she severed him completely from the Force.

Also Meetra is not more powerful, Nomi has displayed more power and been given accolades from a narrative source rather than character opinion giving her immense power statements.

Nomi has displayed Tutaminis on the deflection level. Meetra hasn't displayed Tutaminis at all.

Nomi has been depicted telepathically dominating powerful opponents. Surik has only displayed this against weaker opponents, almost all of them non force sensitive.

Nomi has displayed Battle Meditation on a multitude of levels and has had instantaneous effect, from dispelling Sith powers to causing infighting in varying groups. Meetra may or may not have used BM to amplify Iziz Palace Guards and diminish Vaklu forces.

Nomi has used Sever Force to completely cut off the powerful Ulic Qel-Droma in the most complete yet instantaneous attack we have seen from this technique. Taught in it's use by Odan Urr a 1,000 year master of the technique and hailed as a master of the technique herself. Meetra instinctually cut herself off from the Force to save her own life.

Nomi has summoned two Wall of Light barriers and directed them both, the first time with Vodo and a handful of Knights temporarily encasing Ulic. The second time she directed one with 10,000 Jedi behind it, one of the greatest feats of mental fortitude and focus in the lore. Meetra has never displayed this technique.

Nomi has displayed some form of rage/battle mind against her opponents to cut them down with ease. Meetra was known to use the Moving Meditation and Enlightenment techniques to fight large numbers of enemies.

Nomi has been hailed in multiple sources as immensely powerful and been hailed even by Jedi from thousands of years later, considered one of the most powerful ever by many even ranked alongside Yoda. Meetra has been praised as very powerful by Traya, Revan, Visas Marr and considered a legend along with Revan three centuries after her death.

A quick run through of their individual powers but Nomi is clearly more powerful.

I would also like to draw attention to the fact that Scourge considered she might be a strong challenge for him and perhaps an equal, nothing more.

Lord Scourge at that point was definitely not on the levels of the lies of Ulic Qel-Droma and Exar Kun yet we know Nomi and her allies such as Cay, Tott and others were all on a near equal level and Cay himself was more than capable of fighting prime Ulic.

Now we also have Atris a stated master of lightsaber combat and Juyo master, a strong combatant but not on the level of a Kun or an Ulic whom both have far more feats and accolades with a lightsaber yet Nomi and Co. are put on a near level to them.

The same can be said of Traya.

So... anyone else have final thoughts?

I do believe Sel said she is putting together a post for the Infiltrators and perhaps vehicles as well.

Though, I have nothing to add myself, since my thoughts had already been posted earlier, and I am not eager to wade in if it continues to be so... hostile...

I do believe Sel said she is putting together a post for the Infiltrators and perhaps vehicles as well.

Though, I have nothing to add myself, since my thoughts had already been posted earlier, and I am not eager to wade in if it continues to be so... hostile...

I can't fault you for that. It's been rather heated lately. Shouldn't happen after this match is over, though.

Nomi has been hailed in multiple sources as immensely powerful and been hailed even by Jedi from thousands of years later, considered one of the most powerful ever by many even ranked alongside Yoda. Meetra has been praised as very powerful by Traya, Revan, Visas Marr and considered a legend along with Revan three centuries after her death.

A quick run through of their individual powers but Nomi is clearly more powerful.

This run through of abilities was lacking feats for the exile in many places, but I can't be bothered to continue this discussion. I just want to make one thing clear for whoever ends up facing you next.

You are abusing meaningless accolades and it needs to stop.

Here are some beautiful ones for Revan:

"As much as I loved writing about all-powerful Sith [Darth Bane & Vitiate] and Jedi [Revan]..."

"Each [Revan and the Foundry] could dominate worlds...The Emperor sought to pry the Foundry's location from the Jedi's mind. But for centuries he resisted."

"The Star Wars universe has created some truly vile dark side villains. Have you ever wondered what would happen if the most powerful Sith Lords [Darth Sidious, Darth Caedus, and Darth Revan] duked it out for supremacy of the galaxy?"

"...unlike Revan or Bane, he [Theron Shan] isn’t one of the most powerful individuals in the [star Wars] universe."

The penultimate one is one I want to focus on. That quote places DARTH Revan on Sidious/Caedus level, when that wasn't even his strongest incarnation.

Are the Revan supporters running around and using that quote to say his Lightning incinerates Mace and Nomi? No, because that's a fallacy of an argument. It doesn't matter if he has an accolade that supports it, because he doesn't have the feats to back it up, so what's the point.

It's exactly what you're doing with Nomi, except her accolades aren't even as impressive as something like that.

If you're willing to concede that Revan can casually kill them both with some Sidious level ****, then by all means carry on with this, if not, I hope this stops here.

PS: Aurbere I'm working on one now, been busy.

This run through of abilities was lacking feats for the exile in many places, but I can't be bothered to continue this discussion. I just want to make one thing clear for whoever ends up facing you next.

What makes you say that Rayla won? :(

PS: Aurbere I'm working on one now, been busy.

No problem, no problem.

@Beni: Regarding my PM to you, I've changed my next one to Yoda. Who doesn't love Yoda? :p

Edited by Aurbere

You are abusing meaningless accolades and it needs to stop.

All of those quotes are from non-canonical sources, obviously they can therefore take liberties, as well as be ignored.

Most of Nomi's "accolades" are canonical facts, the rest are character statements.

Edited by Beniboybling

All of those quotes are from non-canonical sources, obviously they can therefore take liberties, as well as be ignored.

Most of Nomi's "accolades" are canonical facts, the rest are character statements.

Sidious level, and dominating worlds are not Drew, and are canon.

The dominating worlds was from SWTOR, Malgus to be exact, and the Sidious/Caedus was from Wizards of the Coast, again, Legends canon.

Sidious level, and dominating worlds are not Drew, and are canon.

The dominating worlds was from SWTOR, Malgus to be exact, and the Sidious/Caedus was from Wizards of the Coast, again, Legends canon.

The Malgus quote isn't even referring to Revan, Ant is just pretending it is.

And only Wizards of the Coast sourcebooks, approved by Lucas Licensing, are canon. Wizards of the Coast which isn't even a Lucasarts subsidiary has no authority on matters of canon the last time I checked. It is hyperbole.

Edited by Beniboybling

The Malgus quote isn't even referring to Revan, Ant is just pretending it is.

And only Wizards of the Coast sourcebooks, approved by Lucas Licensing, are canon. Wizards of the Coast which isn't even a Lucasarts subsidiary has no authority on matters of canon the last time I checked. It is hyperbole.

It was a web series designed to expand on their sourcebooks and figure backgrounds, accept it it's canon :p

And the Malgus one is, believe me I fought him on that but it is, go find a video on it, Malgus is clearly talking about Revan.

Malgus isn't exactly a reliable source, though.

No quotes by individuals about any contemporary individuals is reliable. Not even people talking about people in the past is reliable either. The more neutral the source the better and people are never neutral.

People talking about their own skills can be colored terribly as well.

Malgus isn't exactly a reliable source, though.

What's that Beni uses? Authorial intent? :p

"As a Jedi, Revan was a warrior who slaughtered armies. As a Sith, Revan was a teacher who trained a thousand dark apprentices."

It fits, since he did dominate worlds and slaughter armies.... Of course if you don't like that, there's Scourges crazy fanboying which is the source of many quotes too.

What's that Beni uses? Authorial intent? :p

"As a Jedi, Revan was a warrior who slaughtered armies. As a Sith, Revan was a teacher who trained a thousand dark apprentices."

It fits, since he did dominate worlds and slaughter armies.... Of course if you don't like that, there's Scourges crazy fanboying which is the source of many quotes too.

Wasn't that said by that crazy fanboy from the Revanite camp, the same group who said that Revan defeated Vitiate and took control of the Empire?

It was a web series designed to expand on their sourcebooks and figure backgrounds, accept it it's canon :p

And the Malgus one is, believe me I fought him on that but it is, go find a video on it, Malgus is clearly talking about Revan.

No more canonical than a blurb of any other advertisement for a piece of canonical material. The fact that is is linked to a canonical sourcebook doesn't make it canon, and given what it says, from a very much out of universe perspective, I highly doubt it was ever intended to be. Anyway whatever it is its hardly comparable to Nomi's accolades.

Either its the Foundry, or its Revan using the Foundry, I don't think I need to look it up.

EDIT: Anyway this is seriously off topic, I prefer to address accolades on a case by case basis, no one statement is the same and we can't make blanket dismissals based on the fact that some statements are clearly erroneous.

Edited by Beniboybling

Yes...yes it was.

Hrmm...

On another note, since we're going with authorial intent:

"That the Sith pulled off such a monumental deception back when the Jedi were at their most powerful... Let's just say I'm keeping my eyes open for trouble."- Luke, Book of Sith

Ha ha! Yes! :D

Wasn't that said by that crazy fanboy from the Revanite camp, the same group who said that Revan defeated Vitiate and took control of the Empire?

*Shrug* They know what they do of him through study, it doesn't matter what their crazy conjecture as to his fate was.

We know he slaughtered armies though, since he apparently destroyed an army of star forge droids, on top of Sith, commandos and others.

"The Jedi's command of and connection to the Force was unlike anything Scourge had sensed in anyone else. Even though Revan was constantly drugged, it was impossible not to sense his strength."

"Revan's raw power in the Force bends Nyriss's Sith lightning back at her, utterly destroying the Sith Lord."

I can do this all day :p

No quotes by individuals about any contemporary individuals is reliable. Not even people talking about people in the past is reliable either. The more neutral the source the better and people are never neutral.

People talking about their own skills can be colored terribly as well.

The way I see it, if a character says something you should believe it unless you are given reason to doubt them. In most cases you are not, and in such cases what characters say can be taken as fact, and shouldn't be dismissed. Edited by Beniboybling