25 Black Hole Commendations -- worth it???

I'm not to level 50 yet so I don't have experience with top tier gear in SWTOR. Is the 25 Black Hole Commendations you get for transferring that big a deal? I mean how long does it take to get that much normally? A day? A week? A month? Can I even buy one piece of gear with it? Edited by Phyrvurm
Changed caps lock

Assuming you complete a hard mode flashpoint or story mode operation via group finder each day, you can get 5 black hole comms per day. There are additional available by completing a weekly in the Black Hole on Corellia itself as well as running EC.

Edit: 25 BH comms isn't enough to buy a single piece of gear; IIRC, they range from 35 to 65 or 70 BH comms per piece. Feel free to correct me with exact numbers.

Edited by Valtrim

Thanks for the info and the link guys. I'm definitely not upset about it, more than happy they're giving out free goodies, just weighing the costs/benefits of transferring right now or waiting till forced transfers. Part of that is figuring out if 25 BH coms is worth a quarter or a dollar.

If you transfer now you might get a group for a flashpoint more readily. You could also get social points now if there are any particular sets of adaptive gear you like.

The 25 BH comms are a nice "extra" that you can get in 5 days of doing a Random HM FP. It shouldn't be the only consideration for moving. (For me, while the lag is annoying, actually getting to play with other people has made this game better for me.)

i think its a nice boost 25 comms per toon. while it doesn't buy anything it does let you run a single finder hm before you get a characters first piece of bh gear. I recommend getting earpieces or implants as they are hard to find in tier one raids and hard modes.

i think its a nice boost 25 comms per toon. while it doesn't buy anything it does let you run a single finder hm before you get a characters first piece of bh gear. I recommend getting earpieces or implants as they are hard to find in tier one raids and hard modes.

They're not much better than Rakata, which you can get for daily comms.

I think the best think to do, is make an AskMrRobot profile with your current gear, then try out various Black Hole options and see which one does the biggest benefit to your stats.

Unless you already have a Columi offhand, the BH offhand is often the biggest increase.

They're not much better than Rakata, which you can get for daily comms.

I think the best think to do, is make an AskMrRobot profile with your current gear, then try out various Black Hole options and see which one does the biggest benefit to your stats.

Unless you already have a Columi offhand, the BH offhand is often the biggest increase.

you do have a point on the quality. my answer was bent in favor of rapid improvement. A brand new 50 after the 25 comms get handed out needs one HM flash point to the bh implant/ear vs 120 daily comms starting from zero.

Definatley worth it - maybe think in terms of time rather than money?

25 BH comms is roughtly equivilant to one EC SM Op - 2-3 hours

or

4 x Weekly Corellia missions e.g. 45mins (inc travel and getting 4man!) x 4 weeks.

or

5 x Daily HM Flashpoint Missions 15mins - 1hour depending on FP and group. Lets say 5 x 30mins on average.

So as you can see depending on what type of player you are the free gift is worth 2 1/2 - 3 hours of game time. So in my opinion well worth it!

While I understand the allure of having your own private server, but why wouldn't you transfer? It's free, takes like a minute, you're going to get a gift for it and there's like people there, people to play with, isn't that the point of an MMO? Edited by Capt_Beers