Companion items

skrimmaru

Hi,

Sorry for my noob questions but the game sometimes can be less than user friendly.

I have an item that says "Requires Kira" and "Requires Focus". My current companion is Kira and the focus I imagine that has something to do with my focus bar. How do I use it? What is it for?

I also saw threads where people said that they equipped their companions. How do you do that? Can you also give them items besides gifts?

Thanks.

Hi,

Sorry for my noob questions but the game sometimes can be less than user friendly.

I have an item that says "Requires Kira" and "Requires Focus". My current companion is Kira and the focus I imagine that has something to do with my focus bar. How do I use it? What is it for?

I also saw threads where people said that they equipped their companions. How do you do that? Can you also give them items besides gifts?

Thanks.

"Requires focus" on an item means that the wearer has to have the weapon skill that allows them to use a focus - that is, a piece of equipment that helps focusing the Force. That is the (somewhat confusing) name given to the offhand items for Force users.

To equip Kira with it: while she is your current companion, open your character window (default key is C), and then select the companion window. You will see her equipment and you can drag from your inventory, or right-click any item, just like you would do to equip yourself.

If you do this while in your ship, since you do not have a current companion there, arrows appear and you can cycle through all your available companions.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

Thanks.

There are a few different ways that you equip companions. First, find out what the primary stat is for your companion, for example Kira is Willpower. Second, what is the companions role, DPS, tank, or healer, Kira is DPS.

As you quest you will get some rewards that are for your companions, this is one way to obtain gear. Another is random drops from slain NPC's, lastly you can try an buy gear off the GTN (galactic trading network). Keeping your companion semi-ly geared will make your combat encounters easier.

• 1 year later...
A focus. I think that's pretty much all she can have in her offhand (please tell me you can't put a shield in there).

You can't.

Force users can either use shields with Force Power, foci, or sabers in the offhand, depending on the companion role or the player's specialization trees within their advanced class.

Tech users use either shields with Tech Power, generators, pistols, vibroknives, or shotguns in their off hand, depending on the companion role or player specialization within their advanced class.

Shields, generators, and foci are crafted by artificers, who still lack an empty single orange custom schematic for those.