General Set Bonuses and Tactical Items

EricMusco

I truly miss the use of grenades in pvp, especially the ones other than stun grenade. So im hoping that maybe for vg/pt set bonus (the highest one) would change a few things around grenades.

1. Make the cooldown on which grenades can be used again on another player lowered from 5 to 2:30 (so half)

2. For vg/pt only, each kind of grenade provides additional effects: x% healing debuff for x amount of time (root one) , takes x%(small) more damage from all sources for the duration of the dot (burning one), Makes your energy, heat, force, etc. regen be 0 for x duration and disables any ability that gives a regen effect (slow one), Increase the initial damage by x% (stun one). I might be forgetting some on the top of my head, but this is the kind of stuff i'd like to see. Maybe create a grenade for your allies with the effect : increase healing intake by x% for 5 seconds by all sources.

All these choices provides vg/pt some more utility. This idea could also simply be used as the new 75 ability for one or both of the dps trees or even all 3 specs. I just want to see all types of grenades reintroduced in someway. I would also make all these grenades reusable for these specs and given as an ability instead of an item.This does interfear with the cybertech crafting skill for people playing this class, but I think this is minor.

If you think it is best to simple "buff" the grenades in the game with some of the idea's I've suggested, i'd be happy with that too. Bring back the viability of ALL the types of grenades.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a tactical item that increases duration/reduces cooldown of Heroic Moment.

Or what about a tactical item that would change your flurry move into a completely different ability like a mount boost or a summon group members to you thing or a buff of some sort.

For gathering maybe something that lets you harvest while mounted.

Being able to use recuperate ability while moving.

This one might be controversial but what about a way to gain reputation from doing activities (killing mobs, harvesting, pvping, completing missions, whatever). Like you get a tiny amount of rep towards whatever your highest non-maxed rep is for doing it or something.

I have a question.

So we got rid of PvP gear in an effort to get rid of multiple sets of gear. Currently I have 3 sets of gear for my main (tank, dps, and skank).

If this goes through as it seems I will need even more:

Vigi

Focus

Tank

Skank

For just my main.

Because let's be real - any time you're doing ops/pvp you are going to want the set bonus specific to whatever you are playing.

I think Tactical Items should provide a benefit und an debuff. so that you really have to think of which you'll use.

If there are any drawbacks at all from equipping a Tactical Item, I think it would probably be best to limit that based on the strength of the item's buff and its quality, if at all. Personally, I'd say this sort of thing would fit best on lower-quality Tactical Items which also have a fairly strong buff, and much less likely on higher-quality items.

hello

dont know if this idea finds much interest but how about giving people the chance to choose stances , not like the ones we had in vanilla , like shiicho ,soresu ,etc but different ways your character is holding his weapon and the way he moves during fights .

in the films every individual jedi and sith got theyr personal way of handling the sword , just look the different stances of luke ,anakin and obi-wan in battlefront (just for example) , or the way our heroes hold theyr blasters , like one or two handed while shooting .

dont really know how much liking this will find with my fellow players but it would improve the way our characters feel unique in my opinion

hope for nice feedback and sry for my bad writing ^^ too lazy to use a googletranslator :D

ps.: still waiting for some unique moves and different skillset for our companions to give us a reason to use every one of them ^^

How about a tactical item that lets tank and heal specs work like DPS for solo content without needing to respec to do it.

Ex. Drop tank armor/defense/shield/absorb back down to DPS levels, but give us damage and crit to match dps levels. Give it some limitation so you can’t switch between tank and dps in combat (or even something like a 15 minute cooldown after it is de-toggled), but it would be fantastic if I didn’t have to keep rswapping out my spec and gear just to not solo at a glacial pace with my tanks.

For heal specs, how about a similar toggle that that turned you heal spec skills (not the basics that even the dps specs get) into enemy targeting toxic attacks to do the same.

Kinetic Combat and Darkness tank specs are two of my favorite to actually play (they feel like a proper “gish” with a mix of weapon and Force attacks... vs. the dps specs which are almost entirely weapon focused), but they do notably lag behind the dps specs and have larger repair bills to boot when all you’re looking to do is grind credits or cxp on planetary heroics or dailies on Ossus (since your comp isn’t sucking up some of the damage and you’re taking longer to drop each target).

Tactical modules feel like an opportune way to address this because the differences are more the stance and gear stats than anything innate to the specs’ skills.

Another idea for a Tactical Item, transform rocket boost into a toggle so it can be used as a legit mount rather than for just a short period of time. It would be nice to be able to use the jetpack that's apart of my character's chestpiece as a legit mount, especially as you guys are apparently allergic to non-ginormous jetpack mounts.

i would like to have something like the xp boost armor from the dark and light, since i already had 16 max level characters when the event started and was not interested in making another character just for the event. Edited by dipstik

Ok, Eric said to go crazy and not be limited by anything approaching realistic... so I would like some PvP based "tactical items" that are sort of like the "power cancel" power in Heroes (I'm sure other super hero universes have them too). Basically, I want to be able to cancel/prevent an enemy who is "near" (10 meters, 5 meters, 30 meters?) me from using various cooldowns. Not all at once (well, if I were to go crazy all at once - but I can't quite bring myself to go THAT crazy) - but maybe one item each for these, and I'd have to pick one to slot... Operative/sniper roll, mara predation, mara camo, combat stealth, any teleport to enemy/friend/preset location, speed buffs, mezzes (goodbye ninja cap :( ), probably others I'm not thinking off - basically not attacks/heals, but "special moves".

Maybe I have a black aura around me or something to show that I have one of these things active. And since I'm being really mean, if someone tries to use it, it counts as used, but it just doesn't go off.

I have seen some of these mentioned and also have come up with some suggestions.

With the Class buff add a bonus stat boost. Infinite duration of class buff (that can be turned on and off). Overall Advance class stats boost/buff (with a short duration and a long cooldown). Threat increase (for tanks) and decrease (for non tanks) bonus/buff.

Crystal slot for relics.

Include set bonuses on Earpieces Implants Main Hand and off hand weapons. Increase the amount of set bonuses from 6 to 9 (so every 2 items adds to the set bonus)

Companion influence buff (gives extra influence from companion gifts and conversations).

Boost/Buff for improved chance of a better quality and rated items dropping from doing activities. Also boost/buff for improved chance of items like mounts, pets, decorations and companion gifts dropping for doing content.

Crit bonus for better quality and rated items and or more items for crafting/gathering missions. Reduced timing on crafting items boost.

Guild xp boost buff. Buff/Bonus for doing activities in a guild group, (bonus xp for player and/or guild), item drops.

Credit bonus boost/buff.

Valor Rank bonus (only usable while in pvp) Higher Valor rank increases the chance of better quality and rated gear, along with increased credits being rewarded/dropped.

I'm an old player with fairly good memory on how the utilities/tree's worked back then ( 2.x ) era of the game.

Back then, you had 3 utility tree's from which you could pick your passive's/active abilities.

So I ended up with Hatred sin with a few tankier passives so I could survive longer while spreading dots via Death FIeld from range.

That way of making up your char was far better than it is now, you pick what you need/want and play how you want it.

Now we have a dumbed down version where everything is picked up for you and you only have to spend utility points on things that suits you the most.

If I had any power over this game, I would roll back Deception sins to 5.0 version, where they were on pair when it comes to burst with Fury Mara's.

I would roll back Hatred sins back to 2.0 where you could spread your dots from range via Death Field and where your class werent a paper helicopter waiting to get destroyed by any burst spec with ease.

In my opinion, you didnt gave out much details on how those Tactical items would work, but I would like an option to increase dps on Deception sins like it was before and to give Hatred sins Death Field spread back aswell as phase walk.

It's been years since Hatred was literally destroyed as a spec by "all knowing" nerf dev, whoever that was. Since then, this spec didnt get any upgrade on it's survivability or force managment, it was just made worse for surviving and dot spreading.

Spreading dots via Lacerate decision in the middle of enemy players (PVP) with such a squishy class was just ignorant and showed how much the person who did it was clueless about that spec.

Little self heals are just laughable, you would need to dot entire enemy team (8 players) to just have some little healing that would be lost just if u get hitted once (one hit from any burst class and those heals you gathered are non-existant).

I've made a post on this, suggestions how to improve the class, even sent a msg to Mr. Musco just to be replied on it with nothing. Thread response as far better.

Anyone having trouble thinking of set bonuses and tac items? Most ideas given in each spec thread seem to be actual spec changes and not set bonus/tac bonuses.

Everything I think of is OP -- and I dread the upcoming exploits and lopsided class balance in 6.0. On the bright side, I'm happy for a new meta.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

i fear I don't totally comprehend what exactly is characteristic of what the new set bonus and tactical items will provide

I think this is a big issue I have too. They want us to open-endedly throw whatever wacky ideas we have at them. I'm the type of person who needs to know the problem I'm trying to solve before I attempt to solve it. Give me the constraints, some structure, an outline, something. At this point, I don't have enough details to come up with anything useful.

I guess I'm just not creative.

How about a tactical item that lets tank and heal specs work like DPS for solo content without needing to respec to do it.

Ex. Drop tank armor/defense/shield/absorb back down to DPS levels, but give us damage and crit to match dps levels. Give it some limitation so you can’t switch between tank and dps in combat (or even something like a 15 minute cooldown after it is de-toggled), but it would be fantastic if I didn’t have to keep rswapping out my spec and gear just to not solo at a glacial pace with my tanks.

For heal specs, how about a similar toggle that that turned you heal spec skills (not the basics that even the dps specs get) into enemy targeting toxic attacks to do the same.

Kinetic Combat and Darkness tank specs are two of my favorite to actually play (they feel like a proper “gish” with a mix of weapon and Force attacks... vs. the dps specs which are almost entirely weapon focused), but they do notably lag behind the dps specs and have larger repair bills to boot when all you’re looking to do is grind credits or cxp on planetary heroics or dailies on Ossus (since your comp isn’t sucking up some of the damage and you’re taking longer to drop each target).

Tactical modules feel like an opportune way to address this because the differences are more the stance and gear stats than anything innate to the specs’ skills.

i like the idea of being able to throw an item on or off to change my damage/squish. someone mentioned having power=defense, crit=absorb and alacrity = shield or some such. that would be awesome to put on your damage tactical as a tank and not have to worry about whole set of gear.

• Dev Post
*snip*

Here are some of the questions I think need to be answered before we can give proper feed back.

*snip*

You will wear one tactical item which will most likely be a new item slot. This doesn't replace set bonuses at all, it is in addition to your set bonus. Think of tacticals like any other item (boots, relic, chest) it just happens to have a special effect on it (like extra power / utility to a skill, etc).

-eric

You will wear one tactical item which will most likely be a new item slot. This doesn't replace set bonuses at all, it is in addition to your set bonus. Think of tacticals like any other item (boots, relic, chest) it just happens to have a special effect on it (like extra power / utility to a skill, etc).

-eric

Will these Tactical items be legacy items as well or will they be bound to character?

Legacy!

I have to say, I'm not a big legacy person. I just recently figured out how to transfer gear, at all, through legacy, and only because I *had* to in order to even remotely gear up one toon via the ossus mess... but that said I get how much everyone else uses it. So mucho kudos for embracing the "everything transfers over legacy" idea. :D

Actually, why (instead of making 1 new slot for new gear) don't you just expand armor slots, so people can fit 1 Tactical Item into each gear piece.

For boots, there could be an upgrade to boost movement speed, or another upgrade, that resists slows.

For armor, there could be different modules designed to resist a certain type of damage.

For Blasters, there could be scope or magazine modifications that increase range or reduce energy/ammunition consumption.

I'd really hope to see more KOTOR in SWTOR. :cool:

-eric

Thanks Eric, that is very helpful.

Legacy!

Something on my wish list to help with legacy gearing.

If at all possible, can you please give us more legacy tabs in our Cargo Holds or make the current tabs the size of the guild ones.

Reason, I already have 2 tabs already full of legacy gear and they aren’t even full outfits. So I’m running out of room for crafting and other legacy bound items,