Medpacks... are you kidding me?!?!!?!?

Moshpet

I can see the logic about doing this for pve, I don't agree with it by any means but I can understand the logic. However what about PVP? You can't really control what goes on in there aside from the objective and class balance. I'm a watchmen sent, I have dots running every 15 seconds(roughly) I never drop combat unless I am hiding behind a pillar or something, which means I'm not contributing. I can literally go for 9 minutes+ in combat regardless of the warzone. Medpacs should be active in PVP/sub level 50 if the logic is to make tighter tuned endgame content. Edited by Neithian

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuff like this makes me wonder if you understand that BW isn't the only company that made a change like this to an MMO...

stop trolling if you dont understand how this is bad ****.... just because WoW did it doesnt mean we want it.... if you were happy with other games doing it go back to those games... there is a reason i chose to pay for this game... and it wasnt so i would end up with wow mechanics

this is like me saying Cyber techs should only use a reuseable Granade once per combat.

I don't even get this comparison. Medpacks = oh crap im dying item; grenade, added dps, a little control. IMHO there shouldnt even be a CD on grenades, toss as fast as ya can toss em if ya wanna.

I dont even make grenades, dont have the massive influx of mats to waste on em when im trying to make armouring, mods, earrings, for a guild..

I agree that medpac's on a 1 per fight basis is complete BS. Unlike the jug/mar , assasin and other classes that dont have a heal its not an improvement because honestly how often do u come out of combat in pvp especially like hutball where its close corners.

Wait, we jugs have a heal?

hah, win.

The Medpac "changes" really don't effect PvP in my opinion. It is a rare game where you NEVER drop combat, unless your a tank constantly being healed and never killed etc. Voidstar is the only one where you have any change to remain in combat an entire round.

As a Sage I never exit combat in any PVP situation because I am the one healing..

I don't even get this comparison. Medpacks = oh crap im dying item; grenade, added dps, a little control. IMHO there shouldnt even be a CD on grenades, toss as fast as ya can toss em if ya wanna.

I dont even make grenades, dont have the massive influx of mats to waste on em when im trying to make armouring, mods, earrings, for a guild..

I use lv 20 on Seismic granades on my 400 biochem BH for the CC alone... if you dont try to use comsumables for the lilttle extra edge you are just a baddie....

Also if this is the case for medpacs how will stealth classes be accounted for. Non sentinel/marauder stealth automatically drops them from combat so can't they theoretically have infinite medpac use just like it is on live currently?

I like this change for pvp. One more resource to manage, one more step between good player and bad player.

I want though BW make out of combat conditions for pvp more transparent. May be color of icon shall change, or some kind of time slider running... DO not know, because now it is often completely not intuitive when system considers you being out of fight.

Until the stealther pops a medpack, force stealths and pops another medpack, then you will be crying NERF!

As a Sage I never exit combat in any PVP situation because I am the one healing..

I am sure your hots and your AoE healing keeps you in combat.... same with my Kolto shell... atleast they are nerfing it to where it will be sutpid for me to use it but still...

You exit combat in PvP 8 seconds after the last hostile action. DOTs do not refresh this status.

You're playing very unusual games of Huttball if you never drop out of combat. Especially given that the ball resets to the center after someone scores, moving the action quickly.

Thank you for responding to my post.

I certainly understand that the intent is for combat to drop after 8 seconds of inactivity (I'm glad you gave us the number) but what I'm trying to convey is that I don't feel that in a game of PVP that the mechanic always works.

Lets say all the mechanics are working as intended, take a voidstar match where I'm constantly in combat defending a door..is it really the intent to only let me use a medpack once?

Should I (after using my medpack) preemptively try and get away from the action so I can drop combat and risk someone capping a door JUST so I can get a chance to reuse my medpack if I need too?

There are many instances in current warzones where a non healer class can be in combat for a prolonged length of time, this change will only lower their combat effectiveness and ability to "stay in the game".

For PVP this change is singularly nerfing the effectiveness of marauders, juggernauts and snipers who don't have access to heals or stealth to make up for not being able to use a medpack during prolonged times in combat.

A simple solution (as I don't think medpack usage was ever a problem in PVP to begin with) is just to exclude the warzone med packs from this change. Or implement a once per combat OR 5min hidden timer on the medpacks to account for those times when classes cannot willingly exit combat in a PVP scenario.

Edited by Foxcolt

I am sure your hots and your AoE healing keeps you in combat.... same with my Kolto shell... atleast they are nerfing it to where it will be sutpid for me to use it but still...

I wouldn't mind losing the AOE skill completely so I could pick up more DPS anyway.

Personally Baz, I think that's an optimistic presumption though it is a minor part of your post. What was stated was that they're in discussions not that they'll be making changes to this change or even that pre-50 medpacks will be reverted back to their current status in this patch. It might be changed, but it could very well be done several patches down the road not before 1.2 goes live.

On an entirely different perspective, will the story line missions be adjusted downwards to make them far easier if this goes through as it is now? Some of those are hard enough solo that multiple medpacks are necessary and BW has indicated they want the story lines to be soloable (though not easily so). Changing the pre-50 medpacks will necessitate changes in the story line mission difficulty for many of the mission or changing their labels to heroic 2+

If they do not keep the lower lvl medpacks the way they where, that would mean you will have to use your healer companion most of the time or "outlevel" the content on your way to lvl 50, such a limitation on companion choice is in my opinion not what the BW brand stands for and will make the story and solo part of the game much less interesting. A difficulty change is no way of correcting this issue since the game would be patheticly easy for those using the healing companion or being a healing class if they reduced difficulty on solo content.

Anyway, that`s my 2c

Edited by Bazzoong

Thank you for responding to my post.

I certainly understand that the intent is for combat to drop after 8 seconds of inactivity (I'm glad you gave us the number) but what I'm trying to convey is that I don't feel that in a game of PVP that the mechanic always works.

Lets say all the mechanics are working as intended, take a voidstar match where I'm constantly in combat defending a door..is it really the intent to only let me use a medpack once?

Should I (after using my medpack) preemptively try and get away from the action so I can drop combat and risk someone capping a door JUST so I can get a chance to reuse my medpack if I need too?

There are many instances in current warzones where a non healer class can be in combat for a prolonged length of time, this change is essentially lowering the combat effectiveness of any non healer class that doesn't have access to a vanish.

For PVP this change is singularly nerfing the effectiveness of marauders, juggernauts and snipers who don't have access to heals or stealth to make up for not being able to use a medpack during prolonged times in combat.

is just not needed meant to nerf Biochem to make all current biochem players to drop it and pick some of the new buffed proffessions.

Edited by Paralassa
content

You exit combat in PvP 8 seconds after the last hostile action. DOTs do not refresh this status.

You're playing very unusual games of Huttball if you never drop out of combat. Especially given that the ball resets to the center after someone scores, moving the action quickly.

Control of the center is an important aspect of huttball. Do you actually play? Competitively?

Making the medpacs variable more controllable for endgame content is a necessary precondition for the creation of tighter, more closely balanced fights.

We don't want medpacs to be as important as class abilities, and we feel they should not become part of rotations. On longer boss fights, this is a trend we've seen happening, and we've counteracted this. Obviously, where needed, boss mechanics would be adjusted to account for this, but we don't really anticipate much impact for that on existing content.

New content (such as Operation: Explosive Conflict and Flashpoint: The Lost Island) is significantly tighter balanced already, with this limitation in mind.

A positive side effect is that the cost of running endgame content is somewhat reduced by this change.

We are still in discussions to restore pre-level 50 medpacs to their previous condition to avoid negatively affecting the PvE game during the leveling process for people that heavily rely on medpacs.

Makes perfect sense.

Tbh its nothing new, I mean in a lot of fights only one medpac can be used anyway.

A you are not Biochem or B you are a cheap *** that dont buy comsumable medpacs.... on my alts that are not biochems I use medpacs on CD to help healers or my own healing pet keep me up.....

Respectfully, 8 seconds is an eternity for PvP.

stop trolling if you dont understand how this is bad ****.... just because WoW did it doesnt mean we want it.... if you were happy with other games doing it go back to those games... there is a reason i chose to pay for this game... and it wasnt so i would end up with wow mechanics

You pull the "BW, do you even play our own game?" card and you say that I'm trolling.

Hi pot, meet kettle. I was just adding some reality to your "sky is falling" statements. This mechanic isn't that bad. In 6 months from now this issue won't be a big deal as people will have gotten used to it. You will adjust too.

I pay for this game as well, so my opinion cancels yours out. In the end. Bioware decided this was a necessary change for balance reasons. Deal with it. Or stop paying.

And, btw, if you really didn't want WoW mechanics, then there's a lot of games you shouldn't be playing, this one included as it has a lot of the same mechanics that exist in WoW... and, frankly, a lot of MMO's.

I like the change. I've never been a fan of consumables because they are never 'optional' if you PvP or are pushing yourself in PvE.

If we could use a medpack every 10 seconds then the encounters would need to be much harder and we would all have to use a medpack every 10 seconds. If we can use a medpack once a fight, then the fights will be tuned with that factor considered.

I hate it when PvP/PvE is ruled by the one who is willing to grind out more crafting time than the next player. Some people have infinite patience when it means they'll have an advantage over their opponents that is not based on skill.

^^This

and the more active and successful you are, the less medpack uses per wz you will get, while people less active and successful (like in dying a lot) will have their med pack use every 1 min 30 sec.

and again the 8sec and you are out of combat does not work reliably, nor does "vanish" drop combat reliably neither in solo nor pvp content.

That`s my last statement on the topic.

A you are not Biochem or B you are a cheap *** that dont buy comsumable medpacs.... on my alts that are not biochems I use medpacs on CD to help healers or my own healing pet keep me up.....

No I use consumable medpacs, but for most fights can only use one anyway because of the 90 sec cooldown. But at that point the fight is over. Though I am speaking about PVE scenarios, not PVP ones.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi