New Tac FP without 55HM OR sub 55 variant? What gives?

Okay, then what the deuce is the point?

55 Tac flashpoints for my guild at least are completely ignored. CZ-198, we'll do it HM because its more fun, elite comms, and 162 gear for companions or alts (they are balanced around unaugged 162 gear, two DPS with 156 did not make The Vigilant's DPS check). KDY, faster for 55's sure, but the reward is meh. (planetary comms, really?) All KDY is good for is leveling.

Sure, basic comms at the end, but at this point the game gives Basic comms like candy.

Makeb Staged Weekly (last time I ran it, 40mins)

Black Hole

SecX

CZ-198

Oricon

50HM Daily

Other tac FPs

Moar Basic comm farming, really?

When we are gearing a new toon, it takes us usually two or three weeklies, then on to elite gear. These don't stay useful for long/

These 55 tac FPs lack the variants of the other two that are actually worthwhile for more than 2 weeklies. Speedruns for rep, that is all they are good for (Consular Battlemaster set!)

Anyone else peeved that these new FP's lack what make the other tactical flashpoints worthwhile. I personally greatly enjoy 55 hard modes, and I want moar of them.

Yes... The level 55 tactical flashpoints are a small niche. It's good to get you started in PvE on a freshly levelled character but it gets old very fast.

The two new flashpoints can't really have a levelling version because story. It's a bit like if you could play the false emperor before finishing Ilum. Oh wait bad example. But anyway, since it references Makeb it makes sense to leave it at max level.

Why there is no hard mode nor any intention to make one is more puzzling though... The flashpoints are pretty hard compared to Kuat and Czerka, but still not much of a challenge (because you don't need a tank). It seems like they would be perfectly suited for a hard mode conversion (which could be as simple as ramping up the damage so as to kill dps who pull before the tank and people who stand in red circles, but new and more punishing mechanics would be better).

The point of tactical FPs is to give dps a chance to run an FP when there are no tanks/healers around.

I don't mind them adding more tactical FPs but I would definitely like HM55 versions of the two new ones and Kuat.

Indeed for those who have geared 55 it would be nice to have another 2 flashpoints to the HM queue as the last 2 were czerka and they were both a long time ago now...

Tactical isnt really teaching the new lot anything due to the 'no role needed'. Long queue times may annoy a few DPS but tbh it was their choice to pick the role that has the largest population... If you cannot play one of the other roles its easier to find a decent guild or a few friends to grab your weekly with. Loved the idea of tactical fp's at low level as a lot of tanks and healers like to level as dps anyway but at 55?

Need a HM variants for the majority of pve players this is a real let down. I really only play my tank or healer so it seems a real slap in the face to say actually your role is not just not needed but most groups prefer 4 dps for speed. Bring out HM variants of these fp's please as they seem quite well put together.

We need more tactical FPs at low levels. Lore its not a excuse for dont allow the Korriban/Thyton FPs at low levels, cause we can do False Emperor before Ilum. There are just 2 reasons for completing this new FPs more than once: u want memorize the story line or u want grind the reputation cause the mechanics, loot and difficult are pathetics. Edited by Lord_Kavar

cause we can do False Emperor before Ilum.

The class story is iirc intended to end at level 47 and you can join FE SM with level 48 so just because we overlevel it doesn't mean the lore isn't in the correct order.

As an example I brought my 2. Ops to lvl 55 only with FPs, my class story is that I should go to Balmorra but I can still queue for OPs and the new FPs.

That doesn't mean OPs should be runable at level 16 because lore isn't relevant