55 Flashpoint tank gear drops

WillLongstick

Just asking how other people's luck has been. I've tanked over 15 of the new level 55 HM flashpoints since 2.0 dropped, and have had over 30 chances for Arkanian/Black Market gear to drop off the bonus boss and last boss. Yet, I've only seen one tank piece drop. Every other drop is for DPS (mostly Marauder, but I run with lots of Marauders).

Has anyone else been getting better luck with tank gear drops in the level 55 flashpoints? I recognize that I could just be on an unlucky streak, but the lack of drops is pushing me away from queing multiple times a day (and you know how DPS always complain about que times because of the lack of tanks).

Though drops I have gotten my boots, pants, belt, bracer, implant and earpiece (had the same earpiece drop 3x). I bought gloves with my elite comms. I'd say I've run about 12 of the 55 HMs.

Its a lot of luck and the gear takes awhile to get (the FP's are going slower because everyone is lightly geared, only two pieces drop per, comms are slower to get, etc). One of the DPS on my raid team is already in 69s because he's had ridiculous luck.

I've noticed this as well for the level 50 HM Black Hole drops. If there's a single Sentinel / Marauder in the group, he gets at least 1/2 the gear. One time I ran 3 HMFPs in a row and saw literally 8 consecutive sentinel drops.

I've managed to be geared completely in tank gear in 3 days (69 mods). I have run a LOT of fps over the weekend to collect them all and sometimes I've seen 2 pieces fall in the same run and other times I did 10 rounds with no tank drops at all.

Its all the luck of the dice.

Problem is, gear is rolled by advanced classes in the FP, not by roles. So if you bring your tank you can either get drops for one of your 2 DD trees or your needed tank gear. Contrary to healers who can use DD equip and vice-versa, DD gear is useless for you. Plus, most tank pieces I got had DD armorings on them. Thus gearing your tank via FPs takes at least twice as long as for DDs or healers. Edited by atschai

| ran 12 FPS yesterday, I got nothing on my shadow tank. One of our guardian tanks did 2 runs, got 4 pieces including two nice implants. So i dont think shadow tank gear actually exists in flashpoints:confused:

sorry to hear that. it is, however, completely random i can assure you.

| ran 12 FPS yesterday, I got nothing on my shadow tank. One of our guardian tanks did 2 runs, got 4 pieces including two nice implants. So i dont think shadow tank gear actually exists in flashpoints:confused:

I have ran 8 not one drop for my shadow tank. on top of that I usally have people that have not ran it they are jumping into things and not waiting or a healer not cleansing so I die. probably have had 300 k in repair bills. good thing makeb pays well. they should make tanks pay less in repair bills. but nothing for my shadow yet. any have a drop for a shadow yet?

I feel the same way about my Guardian Tank. After 17 (55) HMs, I've not had a single drop for my spec. Whether the game hates me or my luck betrays me is beyond me.

I've run two, and some "tanking" gear dropped last night in Mandalorian Raiders. Black market boots with alacrity and absorption on the enhancement. Since I don't want to give up my set bonus and I only have 4 matching pieces as it is, the armoring doesn't do me any good either. So basically I won a drop and got a mod from it. :(

I've run two, and some "tanking" gear dropped last night in Mandalorian Raiders. Black market boots with alacrity and absorption on the enhancement. Since I don't want to give up my set bonus and I only have 4 matching pieces as it is, the armoring doesn't do me any good either. So basically I won a drop and got a mod from it. :(

Thats not SO bad though... at least thats one less mod that will cost you 100 comms or 200k creds to get ahold of! :)

I'm now convinced it doesn't drop. I know it's just bad RNG...but really, the only sin stuff that drops is all dps stuff...even when I'm the only inquisitor in group. Getting old.

I've run a total of 36 (55) HMs on my Guardian Tank without a single drop for my spec or class. I've tried running it with other Guardians, but only healer items dropped. If I remember correctly, the drop system sucked much less pre-2.0 than it does now. Whatever BioWare did, they need to undo.

I've run a total of 36 (55) HMs on my Guardian Tank without a single drop for my spec or class. I've tried running it with other Guardians, but only healer items dropped. If I remember correctly, the drop system sucked much less pre-2.0 than it does now. Whatever BioWare did, they need to undo.

You are correct sir.

You are correct sir.

I was always one of those guys that would defend the game's faults and weaknesses, but after buying something barely worth the title of "DLC", I've decided that they only care to fix problems that would cost them money and, by inference, I can only assume that they care little for the quality of the game itself -- This complete disregard for a fair gearing system is only further proving my assumptions.

My experiences so far...

Sage: Mostly geared now but collected a staggering four pieces from my first two 55 HMs.

Sorceror: Clearly this is balancing out my Sage luck. I've run approx. ten 55 HMs and not picked up a thing.

Vanguard: Two 55 HMs to date and I've picked up one piece.

I've stopped doing FPs on any of my tanks. Gear simply does -not- drop. It seems agent gear drops the most, that i've noticed. This really needs to be fixed. I was on the side of "it's just rng" but something changed.

We really need to go back to the previous loot system we had, with pattern drops in fps. Keep it random so people can't just farm them if you like, but either go with patterns or fix the drop rate. I've done two flash points on my sorc and gotten twice as much gear than I have on my Sin tank, which has done 20-30.