What are the chances for Theron being loyal?...

LordBraidenbach

The title might sound dull, but I didn't want to spoil even though I'm pretty sure everyone knows about this issue lol. So...

Do you think the chances are high if Theron actually is loyal and he is just playing some double agent crap to protect the Commander? Because I feel like it, like there were some hints. But they are telling stories so bad sometimes so Theron might be a traitor for real idk.

The title might sound dull, but I didn't want to spoil even though I'm pretty sure everyone knows about this issue lol. So...

Do you think the chances are high if Theron actually is loyal and he is just playing some double agent crap to protect the Commander? Because I feel like it, like there were some hints. But they are telling stories so bad sometimes so Theron might be a traitor for real idk.

Don't forget he's a spy and "lying is the core of his profession" , so anything is possible. Still, why did he refused to join his own ancestor, Revan, just to become a member of Order of Zildrog? Something doesn't add up.

To answer to your question, 50/50.

If he is the traitor, my JC will drag his sorry *** to Odessen and make him share a cell with Loentyne Saresh.

If not, then is all good.

For a while, I was in two minds about whether he really is a traitor or just undercover, but the more I've read about his background and behavioral traits in the short stories, comics, and the Annihilation novel the more I'm convinced that he's definitely just undercover and still on our side.

Add to the mix the fact that he left behind the bulk of the crystals for us on Umbara, shot the window out as a blatant means for us to escape, and allowed us to intercept his holo-call with the Zildrog cultist during the Copero flashpoint, I'm 99.9% certain that he's actively trying to help the Alliance and our character route out the real threat by leaving us a breadcrumb trail to follow.

Edited by AbilityDrain

I think he is loyal, but the way he's been handled has got him that kill option.

That's assuming they even implement a kill option, the devs have refused to confirm or deny Theron's fate because they don't want to accidentally reveal any plot spoilers.

Not to mention the naming convention on his outfit...

Deep Cover Operative

That should be enough to put the last nail into any coffins of doubt. I think the only question really is...is Lana in on it? Yes, I believe 99.9% without a doubt she is.

Deep Cover Operative

That should be enough to put the last nail into any coffins of doubt. I think the only question really is...is Lana in on it? Yes, I believe 99.9% without a doubt she is.

I think she is, which again ... why can't you tell me what's going on?! Did I do something to upset these two?

I think she is, which again ... why can't you tell me what's going on?! Did I do something to upset these two?

No offense Paul, but you could upset the Pope himself! Pray you don't upset Vaylin, otherwise she will thunderstruck you.

Deep Cover Operative

Oh yeah! I always forget about his new outfit's name on the Cartel Market.

I reckon Lana's in on it for sure, the pair of them are like a terrible twosome when they start scheming lol.

Theron is a Spy, that's all there is. Other then the "Train Crash" (for which he provided the escape) really all he's done is refused to "Heel like a Pet" ; he has more important things to do. So far our not being able to find/ go to him has kept "The Commander" far away from whoever these people are (Maybe he's protecting us) and the people we've encountered so far could be "Thinning the enemy down before we even get there" also. Theron's just a Spy, if he was spending time "Gossiping with us, hanging out with us" it would be really difficult to convince the enemy he had "Changed Sides".

Lana and Theron kinda remind me of the Shepard and Garrus dynamic in Mass Effect, there's literally no Shan without Beniko and visa versa.

Except Garrus and Shepard are my ultimate OTP ship...and the thought of Theron and Lana just...no...no...a thousand times NO! :(

Of course Theron is loyal.

I'd quite like it if they made him disloyal if you played a really darksided commander who sided with the empire, but I suspect that the baddies he infiltrated will somehow turn out to be much worse even than the most depraved player character. It's just easier for the devs that way.

Edited by Estelindis

Except Garrus and Shepard are my ultimate OTP ship...and the thought of Theron and Lana just...no...no...a thousand times NO! :(

Garrus and Shepard aren't just a romantic relationship-pairing though, if you don't pursue Garrus romantically they have a tight friendship, which is what I was referring to. Besides, Lana and Koth have a blatant crush on each other so there's absolutely no danger of Theron and Lana ever catching feels for one another.

Of course Theron is loyal.

I'd quite like it if they made him disloyal if you played a really darksided commander who sided with the empire, but I suspect that the baddies he infiltrated will somehow turn out to be much worse even than the most depraved player character. It's just easier for the devs that way.

If SWTOR was a single player RPG like a standard BioWare game, I could totally see Theron betraying us for real if our character was the ultimate dark side space douche, but like you said, since this is an MMO all those branching outcomes across the board stack up. It's a shame that those sorts of branching narratives happen to a lesser extent in SWTOR but since it's a game that continues on indefinitely, I imagine it would get really confusing and complex to implement and account for all those different branches and fates for so many different companions and protagonist choices.

I wonder if they'll open this game up to the fans for modding after it hits the end of its run? I love the mods the community has made for Skyrim, and it would be awesome to be able to get some for this game. As to his loyalty, LS commander, yes, DS....idk. I suppose they could make it like the Koth choice, but the problem there would be then he's gone from the story for the LS characters, too. A branched storyline would be nice, but I doubt they have the resources to pull that off right now. *sigh*

Some of "Skyrims" mods and "Player Created Quest's" are amazing. I really Doubt EA would (They're not a Nice company) but it would be good :)

True. We need to stage an intervention and stop EA from ruining anymore games :D

True. We need to stage an intervention and stop EA from ruining anymore games :D

The difference being that this is a MMO. Elder Scrolls Online isn't moddable. It's not really possible to add all that stuff to a MMO because of interactions with other players.

Another difference is that the Creation Engine (the engine Bethesda uses for Skyrim/Oblivion/Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas/Fallout 4 is highly moddable. The engine that BioWare uses for the single-player RPG's (Unreal for Mass Effect 1/2/3 and Frostbite for Andromeda/Dragon Age: Inquisition) is not nearly as moddable.

Edited by Dracofish

I'd put the odds of him being loyal all along at about 99% -- although I wouldn't be surprised if you still get a "kill" option on him anyway for going behind your back (even if he was doing it for the good of the Alliance).

This. I'm sure there will be a dark-side option to kill him regardless.

This. I'm sure there will be a dark-side option to kill him regardless.

Though I think there *should* be...I really hope there isn't...because if there is, then you can kiss any further story involvement (and Troy Baker's wonderful voice) buh-bye.