1.6. = best pvp patch so far. Why?

johnyangelo

For some reason, they wait and slip those in when it goes to live. Like the last anni marauder nerf. So keep your fingers crossed that its a buff and not a nerf to something no one is complaining about.

I hope so that is my one hope that bioware will finally show love to DPS sorc.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This patch is terrible for PVP!!!!

Now everyone will unsub because they will just see they're bad and it wasn't all gear gap. :rolleyes:

Seriously though,should make PvP more evenly matched in the gear aspect but no amount of gear will fix:

- People walking through the fire. On purpose. Mind = bottled.

- People who still stand on the goal line with a leapy guy w/ the ball in the pit or on the edge at all. Seriously there is no reason to be there. Played my first ever PvP match on my lvl 11 Sentinel, scored all three of our goals in this manner.

- The guy I solo capped on while he had 100% health. Stealth up like a BAU5 > Stun > start cap > he breaks > Force Lift > lightning fast cap start > cap is complete as he touches the ground. No discipline on breaker use.

- Being out of position, not responding to incs, not calling incs or being baited away from nodes.

- No class knowledge. Had a guy on here get mad at me the other day because I quoted him and said I stopped reading at, and I quote, "I'm not sure if PT's have stealth or not."

- Seeing this a lot more recently. Two people guarding the node when we only have one and are struggling to get another. I pointed this out to someone and they called me elitist. I don't even...

Hopefully people will learn that these are the things that lose WZ not only the other team being in better gear now that everyone should be pretty close together in stats.

Please add backpedaling and 2+ people beating on a DPS while a healer stands to the side untouched to this list.

Thanks in advance.

Starting from 0 WZ comms (traded them all for ranked) I was able to earn enough comms for a BM piece for my Shadow on my Commando in about 4-5 matches + daily. So it would be very possible to have all the WH gear, at the current BM prices, from 0 comms in 2 weeks if you get one piece a day (at most that is 1550 comms). The only people who would have an issue with this are the F2P guys with no weekly pass.

The issue isn't the grind, it's the fact that they did the grind at a 3:1 ratio and are now getting hosed because they have lost 10K+ WZ comms and won't be getting them back.

Please add backpedaling and 2+ people beating on a DPS while a healer stands to the side untouched to this list.

Thanks in advance.

Those same DPS, who spent the entire match beating on the healEE instead of the healER, will then point to the scoreboard and claim that their high damage score indicates that it was not their fault you lost.

As far as new 50's, they will remain bad. For every new 50 you see today that arrives fully prepped with 3000 rwz comms and 2000 wz comms, you see two that show up in a wz wearing greens and blues. And one of those two will get indignant when you tell him they give away Recruit gear for free. Mention to that guy that he would go ape sh*t if someone was able to show up in pvp gear and force him to carry the pvper through TFB HM, and that he is effectively doing the same thing on the pvp side, and he will go silent and not say a word. And still not get Recruit gear..

That problem came solely from making recruit gear have a cost. They should have just made recruit gear free, not given the 300k token at all, and made recruit gear only main character equippable if they were worried people would gear up all their companions.

There's a significant difference- because someone without good pve gear has the option to gear up by doing easier dungeons. Someone without good pvp gear though doesn't have the option to only play against other pvpers without gear.

Ultimately- you carry recruits in pvp. Not as much as someone in pve blues and greens- but a recruit is at least 33% lower in most stats, is hitting like a wet noodle and is dying twice as fast.

As someone who isn't a competitive pve'r- I have the option to do normal mode operations and the easier HM FPs, I can and do move from the easier stuff to the harder stuff (btw- I also did heal through Karagga's Palace and the Vault without any issue wearing all champ gear). I'm much more competitive pvp-wise- but ultimately pvp doesn't have that same option, the entry level. No, you get thrown directly into nightmare mode TFB regardless if you're in BiS augmented WH which you've mixed and matched or if you're in greens.

It is a huge turn off to players who don't play much, or who are only casual pvpers. And really, for so called 'good, hardcore' pvpers to try to defend their advantage- if you are really as good as you say you are from playing all the time you needed to gear up, you shouldn't need that gear advantage to beat these players you are constantly calling bads. If everytime someone says 'I do not play much and would like to have the gear to compete' your response is 'you will still be bad even if you had gear cuz you are a casual'- then why are you so terrified of everyone getting equal gear? You're a better player by your own admission, and yet you still want to have a handicap bonus over them?

$10 that "the bads" will find something new gear related to complain about. I wouldnt be surprised if some conspiracy revolving a magical stats/expertise threshold, just above WH, where every attack becomes twice as powerful surfaces. Edited by MidichIorian

LOL, there is not much difference betweeen recruit and PVE greens, you're cannon fodder either way. I am full recruit and I am being constantly focused in WZs up to the point that it sickens me to even queue anymore. All these high and mighty uber PVP pros are keeping new players from queueing for WZ by making their life literally miserable. All I want is a fair chance to fight that is all, I am not all about winning, all I want is to have a chance to trade blows with other people, but as it is now, I am lucky if can get 3 medals in a match, cos overgeared pros keep focusing on players as soon as they see 14k health. Go find your own match, cowards.

LOL, there is not much difference betweeen recruit and PVE greens, you're cannon fodder either way. I am full recruit and I am being constantly focused in WZs up to the point that it sickens me to even queue anymore. All these high and mighty uber PVP pros are keeping new players from queueing for WZ by making their life literally miserable. All I want is a fair chance to fight that is all, I am not all about winning, all I want is to have a chance to trade blows with other people, but as it is now, I am lucky if can get 3 medals in a match, cos overgeared pros keep focusing on players as soon as they see 14k health. Go find your own match, cowards.

You'll be in BM in a week, stop crying.

A little word of advice, being a fresh 50 is like being a 20 (lowbie) in pre 50 pvp. You'll shine sometimes, but you're not the hero of the match. You'll do much better if you step into a secondary role, like being a wingman, being second guard on a node, etc... Call incs, play the objectives, slow the enemy down and you'll do just fine for a week until you're in BM.

It's irrellevant now though, when 1.6 hits you'll be in WH within a week, and the tier above you is like 4 stat points higher. Not 4 of each, literally a net gain of 4 stats.

A little word of advice, being a fresh 50 is like being a 20 (lowbie) in pre 50 pvp. You'll shine sometimes, but you're not the hero of the match.

Those same DPS, who spent the entire match beating on the healEE instead of the healER, will then point to the scoreboard and claim that their high damage score indicates that it was not their fault you lost.

=P you mean the ones with 250k damage and 2 kills? Love them!

I'm off topic, but meh, whatever.

You'll be in BM in a week, stop crying.

A little word of advice, being a fresh 50 is like being a 20 (lowbie) in pre 50 pvp. You'll shine sometimes, but you're not the hero of the match. You'll do much better if you step into a secondary role, like being a wingman, being second guard on a node, etc... Call incs, play the objectives, slow the enemy down and you'll do just fine for a week until you're in BM.

It's irrellevant now though, when 1.6 hits you'll be in WH within a week, and the tier above you is like 4 stat points higher. Not 4 of each, literally a net gain of 4 stats.

A little word of advice, being a fresh 50 is like being a 20 (lowbie) in pre 50 pvp. You'll shine sometimes, but you're not the hero of the match.

It's not my goal to be hero of the match or to be uber pro or anything, I want to have fun playing. It's not happening when being roflstomped with 3 hits even before I get to the node, ergo no medals for me, so pls tell me how will I get BM in a week? Impossible since I get 1 win in 10 matches if I'm lucky. WHat happens to my team mostly is that on Novare Coast south and Civil war mid my team (6 players) gets wiped in 20 seconds from beginning of the match. The only place where low gear players have a chance to win is Voidstar.

Being constantly creamed is no fun for anyone.

Really looking forward to new patch.

Really dont understand pugs turning up in blues and greens :(

I my self got my main to 50 stoped pvp for a while recently got back into it, i now have almost full BH, 1 piece recruit gear. thats in around a month playing twice a week roughly.

I play normally twice a week, i was going against full wh pre made teams, did i win? did i survive?

I died in two hits, i got up, i died again and this was none stiop for quite a while but i kept going even in crap teams and now i hold my own far better and have a better chance of securing objectives where as b4 i struggled.

Time to get grinding my wh stuff and anyperson reading this that is thinking of trying lev 50 pvp but not sure if to bother please get ya recruit gear and get stuck in eventually you will be on par in gear :)

...So once they upgrade armour to beyond elite war hero..will we all simply get into a armoured module and get dropped inside a giant robot to fight warzones? Where does this end?

It seems to me they are moving way too slowly on this type of thing but it is a move in a way to try to balance PvP. Ill be intrigued to see how many players gear disadvantage will disappear and how it will affect the game.

Once players have war hero gear, it would be massively funny to me if the matches suddenly became more competitive rather than the result some claim will happen. Time will tell.

As we are now in F2P, I believe all future decisions for SWTOR PvP will be based on time, budget and appeal to a casual base. I'm not sure we'll see any more pvp changes for a long while. So enjoy this brief spotlight while you can.

It's not my goal to be hero of the match or to be uber pro or anything, I want to have fun playing. It's not happening when being roflstomped with 3 hits even before I get to the node, ergo no medals for me, so pls tell me how will I get BM in a week? Impossible since I get 1 win in 10 matches if I'm lucky. WHat happens to my team mostly is that on Novare Coast south and Civil war mid my team (6 players) gets wiped in 20 seconds from beginning of the match. The only place where low gear players have a chance to win is Voidstar.

Loose=/= you have bad gear.

Loose= Your team being weaker than the other team.

You know what is the beauty of WZs? Its a TEAM effort. All you have to do is play like a support to your team, CC the players attacking your healers, be the pocket dog of a uber geared player.

There is nothing like having a pocket dog as an asassin, no matter if its a stealth or not. 1 solo 14k hp moving toward a node in civil war, the solo defender will NOT call inc because meh...19k hp vs 14k hp but SURPRISE a 20k hp hybrid assassin is in your face too.

A lot of time I fail a solo cap because I killed the defender 1 or 2 sec too late, with the extra dps from the 14k hp, we can do it.

So the my gear sucks excuse isnt a good excuse, when I came back after my break I was full Champion with some pieces of centurion and 1 BM(all this gear was aquired with the very old school grind based on rng) and guess what? it wasnt updated at all so I was in a undergeared situation but me teams were able to like me because I was supporting the team very well.

I think reducing the cost of WH is a good idea but not that much tbh

Eh... they can win at Huttball 2 with proper setup and passes.

And I'll assume they can win Voidstar because they ninja cap (which means their opponent is bad). I've won both CW and Novare with the same principle. Hoarde of players go to take your node, someone on your team ninja's their turret. It's sloppy, it's messy, but I've seen (enoyable even) CW games where the nodes are constantly changing using guerrila tactics.

Ya, getting creamed isn't fun, but honestly have you not played a game where part of it was frustrating even if on the whole it was enjoyable? (First thought comes to mind is Prince of Persia 3 with those damn chariot scenes. *** is a racing game doing in my hack n' slash?!)

I'm just saying that the majority of your period of discomfort is short. Recruit to BM is fairly short. That discomfort will be eased by stepping back and realizing you're like a level 20 again. I think the biggest problem people have is they hit 50 and feel like they should be powerful.

However, I'm glad for 1.6 because it will effectly remove the gear gap.

Yeah I hope so too, I am aware that i'm nothing special and so on, but not to be able to get 3 medals in a WZ is frustrating to say the least, it isn't even about winning anymore. Imps on Red Eclipse don't have healers, period.

BUT I now rolled a PT, and at lvl 11 I get some kills and enough survivability to distrupt enemy capping, so about 50-50 chance of winning the match AND regular 6 medals per match. It is sooo much more fun. Thank god for this new patch as it will bring some needed gear equality, and probably a lot of new players in.

Yeah I hope so too, I am aware that i'm nothing special and so on, but not to be able to get 3 medals in a WZ is frustrating to say the least, it isn't even about winning anymore. Imps on Red Eclipse don't have healers, period.

BUT I now rolled a PT, and at lvl 11 I get some kills and enough survivability to distrupt enemy capping, so about 50-50 chance of winning the match AND regular 6 medals per match. It is sooo much more fun. Thank god for this new patch as it will bring some needed gear equality, and probably a lot of new players in.

Oh, PT fun... it's next on my list to try out. (Mal was actually suppose to b a vanguard, but I enjoy healing too much.)

If it makes you feel any better, I'm not anything special either. I just barely started using non-numbered keybindings like 4 months ago. (Mine are usually the numbers, Q, E, R, F, X, `, f1, f2, f3, f4, f5, f6, and the shift 1-6 and shift f1-f6) and my prowess as a duelist is meh... average.

^_^ any way, hope things look up for you. Getting into some groups/guild if you haven't already should help. Happy Thanksgiving!