What crafting/crew skills go best with powertech?

Mumss

As title says...I never got an opportunity to play beta and have tried to look it up. I know it's what you are interested in but is there skills and such that let's say most benefit our class.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Depends, a few good crew skills for a powertech but also depends on what role you want to focus on, since they can tank/melee dps /ranged dps.

I'm planning on going a Armor-tech/Savager/Underworld,

Since I'm a Tank this be the most useful to me, even at endgame, I plan to make a IA or a 2nd BH for different craft, like mods or Biotech for medpacks and that.

Really depends on what you want to do really but you don't need to just focus on one, you can always make multiable characters like myself for other crew skills.

My main focus is likely to be PvP at end game, so I plan to go with Biochem. Being able to use Health Packs, Adrenals and Stims every cooldown, thanks to their reusable nature, is just too nice to ignore from a PvP perspective.

Cybernetics was a close second due to the reusable grenades. But, I decided to go with the self-healing of Biochem, since the Powertech doesn't have a whole lot of Self-healing anyway... and what it doesn't isn't all that good.

Personally, I'm torn between Cybertech and Biochem. I can likely get the top tier armour through RAIDs or PVP or if it's craftable only through the Market.

Bio will give me the unlimited use stims but Cyber will give me mods for my armour as well as a 110% mount. ....and someone mentioned unlimited grenades for PVE/PVP... I think I'd go Cybertech.

I think I'm going to level up to cap with Scavenging/Slicing/Underworld Trading and then drop Slicing for either Cybertech or Armormech, depending on which is more attractive.

I thought about Armortech, but I think I read that your end level gears will be better, like top end PVP and nightmare level raid drops. So in the end, it's not going to be as good, unless I am missing something.

you can only have ONE crafting skill, is that correct? what's the main one for making your own armor for PVE endgame? armortech?

Yes. Only a single crafting skill.

As far as what is most useful, pretty much everyting except synthweaving.

Even artifice, which is generally considered a force user crafting skill, makes shields, color crystals, and enhancements, all of which are potentially useful to a powertech.

If you are not going to worry about orange gear to start, then the usefulness of artifice drops, though the shields are still there.

What role do you wish to take on? Armstech is better for a mercenary.

Armormech is undeniably useful, but if you plan on ultimately equipping yourself in orange gear, and are not particularly interested in making it yourself, then maybe you would find artifice or cybertech more useful.

Biochem is useful for everyone. Perhaps classes that do not have healing abilities will find it more useful, though, and powertechs fit that bill.

Just read the codex, find which skills work together, and select those. If you fail to do that, then at least select the crafting skill and either the associated mission or gathering skill and add slicing to the mix.

If you do not like what you end up with, it costs you nothing to untrain the skills and select new ones except for the time and money already spent.