Stop complaining about Hard Content.

^This.

We tried this with 1 melee DPS (myself) and wiped so hard every time it wasn't even funny. Bioware needs to finally realize they are screwing melee over with every fight they include. As it stands there's absolutely no reason to bring a melee over a ranged ever. Might as well just reroll snipers/sorcerers and face roll as the devs seems to implying at.

I think the higher damage output that melee are putting down, plus an abundance of interrupts is reason enough. We downed the Lost Island HM without any "melee issues." I'm a Sentinel and had no problems with it. Denova is no different.

We tested the new op on the PTS. It was very overtuned at first. As it stands now, it is quite nice. If you are getting crushed by something and feel that you have to min/max your raid comp just to get by, I really really dislike saying this, you're doing something wrong. Incorrect handling of a mechanic, positioning, etc.

Now the story difficulty of the flashpoint is still there for those who simply want to experience the content. And as stated about the loot, none of the main loot is exclusive to hm Lost Island, so completing it in hard is not mandatory whatsoever.

so people actually do the flashpoint? whenever im in town i dont see people shouting in chat about doing it

There were only two groups of people in the instance the entire time we were running it on our server, and rarely do you see anyone advertising for people to do it in Hard Mode.

As for the silly comment about me using the phrase "seasoned veterans," no it is not just WoW. WoW was quite easy, and only got worse as it went on. We loved Burning Crusade Raiding. We all came together playing EverQuest hardcore from release, and many other MMOs throughout the years.

There are still grave discrepancies between player experiences in this instance that Bioware needs to research and account for.

Just a gentle reminder that literally everyone who thought like this in WoW was not only wrong, but dead wrong and it cost Blizzard millions of subs. This game doesn't have millions of subs to lose.

I actually believe WoW lost those subs due to content being to easy but that's just my opinion vs yours.

Just to clear things up really quickly. The first boss in Lost Island does not punish players without an interrupt. Plasma arc is NOT responsible for the lightning balls on the ground, that is a separate, uninterruptable mechanic. Saying you're screwed on the fight because you brought a Merc instead of a Sniper only serves to highlight your ignorance.

We downed Lost Island Saturday in under four hours. Brought the same group in on Sunday, and the crap was no different. We needed too much luck, even with our exemplary skill and already-tested strategies, to make it through, again. It is too buggy, there are too many overlapping BS mechanics that punish melee, and too much blind luck is needed to make it through. Why? Cause we had one melee DPS. That's the only difference between you and me.

Hell, we even had one instance where the pillar boss randomly did twice as much damage the entire fight, no reason, just a bug. Even with two people healing, we could not keep up. Went back, did it the next time, no problem, breezed through it.

My group (Op healer, Sorc DPS, Assassin DPS, Jugg tank) originally took 3-4 hours to beat LI, then we tried it again one-shot the whole thing in 40 minutes.

It's not luck based, there aren't any glaring bugs in it. We did it just fine with a melee DPS. Stop complaining.

Just to clear things up really quickly. The first boss in Lost Island does not punish players without an interrupt. Plasma arc is NOT responsible for the lightning balls on the ground, that is a separate, uninterruptable mechanic. Saying you're screwed on the fight because you brought a Merc instead of a Sniper only serves to highlight your ignorance.

This is correct. Our first run was with 1 melee dps and 1 ranged dps. It took us a few tries to figure out the mechanics but in the end we beat it. It didn't take us long to figure out the plasma arc wasn't causing the balls on the ground.

While I haven't done any of the 1.2 content yet, just as an aside: when is it that the first response to being beaten down by content was to ask the devs to make it easier? If no one can kill something, there's a problem with that. If some people can kill it and others can't, why should it be changed? What prevents you from taking the same steps to accomplish the same goal, particularly in PvE?

Class balance can be a problem. Once upon a time, the solution was to switch the classes you bring (hope you have 6 warlocks! ;) ), though I understand this isn't really a desirable solution. Beyond that, though, asking the devs to make a given part of the game easier is sad. Figure out what needs to be done and do it.

Stop it, its annoying.

My team wiped about 2-3 times on Lost Island bosses each until we got the strats, now we can nearly do it all in 1 go without dying.

Denova is hard. GOOD! Our Guild is up to last boss on HM.

Hard content is GOOD! If you cant handle it, DONT DO IT.

You do not HAVE to do any of the 1.2 FP's or Raids.

Amen! I've really missed hard content in any MMO game. Nothing compares to when you finally defeat a boss after countless wipes. Keep it up Bio Ware, don't succumb to people whining about how hard it is, if they want to face roll through content maybe they should try casual MMOs. :cool:

My guild has beaten Black Talon, Boarding Party, Foundry, Kaon Under Siege and False Emperor on Hard Mode. We've yet to attempt Battle of Ilum and Directive 7. Our goto group is Powertech tank (me), Juggernaut DPS, Marauder DPS, Operative healer. While some fights were more difficult with all melee dps, none were wipe 10 times difficult (not even wipe 5 times difficult).

The only time we've beaten this droid boss in Lost Island (even on normal mode!) is when we brought a Sorceror healer instead of our Operative Healer. It was even easier with a sorceror and operative healer both.

Watched a few video guides of "oh look how easy this is to do", they all had sorceror healers.

My impression from this and other posts about the topic, is that if you bring melee dps, you almost need a sorceror healer to help handle the spike damages (both on tank and on the group) by bubbling everyone.

I'm sure it's possible to clear this stuff with my groups regular composition. I'm also sure it's harder than compositions with ranged dps and sorceror healers. What class your tank is probably doesn't matter as much (an assassin tank may have some small advantages here with 10m interrupts and their tech/force power 5 second immunity in emergencies, but that kind of small difference is acceptable).