Can't choose class (more detailed)

Jleyland

Hey, the last post I made I didn't give much info so hopefully this will help. I'm not really after stealth I prefer more upfront damage, so that's operative ruled out. In terms of what role I want well I want it to be active, engaging and fairly fast paced with a sort of flow to it.in terms of leading a group I'm not 100% sure if I'd like that I'd find it quite frustrating I'd rather just chip in when I've got some good info. Again, any help would be much appreciated and sorry for making a second thread.

Hey, the last post I made I didn't give much info so hopefully this will help. I'm not really after stealth I prefer more upfront damage, so that's operative ruled out. In terms of what role I want well I want it to be active, engaging and fairly fast paced with a sort of flow to it.in terms of leading a group I'm not 100% sure if I'd like that I'd find it quite frustrating I'd rather just chip in when I've got some good info. Again, any help would be much appreciated and sorry for making a second thread.

Well, I think you are looking for a melee class considering "active, engaging and fairly fast paced." Marauders defiantly fit here, so does jugg and power techs (excluding stealth). Which is it? That us a personal taste. Marauder and jugg play fairly close to each other, and are heavy melee. Power tech is more of a short range.

If you are considering ranged, then sniper.

Edited by Ottoattack

Both seem like great classes, i think my main problem is that I'm not to sure if I prefer melee or ranged

The only way to know is to try each! I've discovered that I prefer ranged, but melee is fun sometimes too. It doesn't take real long to just try a little of everything and choose what you like best. That's what I did. I have 11 characters...

Don't be afraid to try classes out. If your not sure, try looking at some live streams of people playing or doing raids. There are plenty out there and may give you idea of what you want to play.

Really none of us can tell you what you want to play. Only you can do that.

Would a good idea be to watch videos of the class and see what looks more fun then just level that?

It could definitely help you get a general idea of the class and how it plays and what too expect. Might even help you decide what type of role you would want to be when you hit end game.

I'd go with a sniper/gunslinger or a marauder/sentinel.

A sorcerer/sage is definitely an option but they're sooo squishy.

My main is a sorcerer, but I play as a healer, not as a dps. The damage isn't as high, but I've enjoy the DPS options of the juggernaut/guardian, though they're meant to be more tanky.

Edited by SirUrza

I don't like powertech I got it to 14 and it felt abit to slow and not really flow at all. Dps wise it's between sorc, marauder or sniper. Tanking I'd go jugg, healing I'd go sorc

If you want DPS on a Hunter, you should have leveled an Arsenal Merc. You get Death from Above early (Level 10!), and it's really also in an upper class of DPS, although not as good as sniper. But rotations are very easy, and on a raid its a very easy role to play - just point and nuke. Not a lot of tactical knowledge or timing needed.

I've greatly enjoyed my arsenal merc. Gave up on my powertech early because as you said, too blah.