Most Powerful Jedi of All Time

IgotNikes

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on what you consider powerful. Does Luke belong in a conversation about the most powerful Jedi? Certainly. Is he the most powerful Jedi? That's debatable. You need to compare him to the likes of Yoda, Mace Windu, Meetra Surik, Bastila Shan, and Revan.

It depends on what you consider powerful. Does Luke belong in a conversation about the most powerful Jedi? Certainly. Is he the most powerful Jedi? That's debatable. You need to compare him to the likes of Yoda, Mace Windu, Meetra Surik, Bastila Shan, and Revan.

Is this serious? Meetra Surik, Revan and Bastila shan arent even comparable to Yoda or Mace windu.

Meetra Surik was known to have mastered, not learned, MASTERED multiple lightsaber forms, and Echani martial arts, not to mention she basically resurrected the Order.

Revan was one of a handful of Jedi to actually be redeemed from the dark side and went on the challenge the Sith Emperor himself.

Bastila Shan, well, she did something that I only ever saw Luke do. She brought someone back from the darkness.

I can understand why people vote luke, but by no means is he the most powerful, I would like to think that an offspring of two jedi/sith would be more powerful such as Satele but her midiclorian count must be diluted in some way so probably not her but shes definitley up there, Luke is by no means a chump he has a high midiclorian count maybe a half or 2/3ds of what Anikins was and he was pure midiclorians so during his time he was a shoe in for most powerful jedi, Had luke and leia conceived, that child would have been the most powerful jedi, but that is incest my good children and is frowned upon in most societies

Meetra Surik was known to have mastered, not learned, MASTERED multiple lightsaber forms, and Echani martial arts, not to mention she basically resurrected the Order.

Revan was one of a handful of Jedi to actually be redeemed from the dark side and went on the challenge the Sith Emperor himself.

Bastila Shan, well, she did something that I only ever saw Luke do. She brought someone back from the darkness.

Jedi exile couldnt sense being stabbed in the back, she didnt resurrect the order herself. Mastering lightsaber forms is common in average jedi during the Prequel Trilogy. Peak Lightsaber combat and force powers were finally met by the Jedi during the clone wars as per lucas.

The Sith Emperor isnt even close to being as powerful as Sidious. Yoda,Windu and Anakin were said by Lucas to be able to challenge Sidious. Revan doesnt stand a chance.

Bastila shan - She's nothing.

Windu could easily take the Jedi exile, Shan and Revan at once, your underestimating how powerful the jedi and sith had become by the time of the prequels.

Edited by Girdeux

I would say Galen Marek from what I've seen. I haven't seen any other jedi pull the stunts he did in the game. Of course he was sith apprentice but I always played as light side. Luke always seemed weak to me and just because he revived jedi order and accomplished much doesn't make him powerful. Fanboys are just fanboys.

You can only be judged by the quality of your enemies or some such, it is an old saying i remember hearing.

Windu and Yoda both faced off the most powerful Sith lord??? though they were unable to defeat him they did press him very hard.

Anakin of course killed him whilst injured and dying :p

You can only be judged by the quality of your enemies or some such, it is an old saying i remember hearing.

Windu and Yoda both faced off the most powerful Sith lord??? though they were unable to defeat him they did press him very hard.

Anakin of course killed him whilst injured and dying :p

Windu defeated Sidious. If it wasn't for Anakin cuting his arm, Sidious would have died by his hand.

Windu defeated Sidious. If it wasn't for Anakin cuting his arm, Sidious would have died by his hand.

I got the impression Sidious enginered that, he wanted Anakin to attack Windu.

One moment he is crying weakness, the next he unleashes force lightning whilst grinning and saying something like absolute power.

He had left himself in positions of weakness before, like where Anakin had his lightsabre drawn on him and Sidious feigned being unharmed and at Anakins mercy.

Sidious was not just powerful, he was devious and fooled the jedi order and republic with ease.

Have you guys even read any of the EU on Luke's story? He defeated the reborn emperor, went toe to toe with Darth Caedus, and defeated what...3-4 Sith "Grand Masters" ?

How is Luke not at least in the running for most powerful jedi ever?

Back to the person who said Sidius planned Anakins stepping in, I think Windu defeated Sidius fair and square. A sith lord would never show fear, regret, or dishonor. I like to play the "what is he actually thinking" game with star wars. Here's my interpretation of Sidius' thoughts before Anakin stepped up. "Oh **** oh **** oh ****, for the love of god do something you punk *** kid" :p

Windu was by far the most powerful Jedi, Yoda was the man, just didn't have it in him to get that close to taking out a sith lord.

I have googled this and I keep seeing that a lot of people are voting that Luke Skywalker is the #1 Jedi of all time. Why is this? I would like to think that Yoda is?

You have to read the books in the expanded universe to understand this. Luke eventually surpasses Yoda, and gains abilities that not only did only certain people have(Like Mace Windu's Shatterpoint), but learns various obscure Force powers from various other non-Jedi practitioners as well.

Both Windu and Yoda used lightsabers, Palpatine on the other hand was a force-user and wasn't very powerful in fencing (probably because lack of training because he didn't fought much himself, but let others do that while he himself was a manipulator). Yoda unarmed actually Palpatine too, behind the scenes, because Palpatine hasn't any lightsaber later in the battle with Yoda and use rare force powers instead. Besides, in AOTC Obi-Wan says ironically to Anakin "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman.", with that joke, I think it was declared that Yoda was the most powerful jedi in the order, both in force powers and fencing.

You can't compare Jedi's of different eras, you can only compare Jedis of the same era, fyi Revan, Malak belongs in the old era, a few thousand years before Yoda even existed, so they are infinitely more powerful because it's an era where Force users and practitioners thrive by the thousands. The era of the Skywalkers was an era where force users have virtually been eliminated altogether. Besides that point we are talking about star wars expanded universe lol, it's all fan made fiction, but if you logically want to compare force might, the ancient Jedis are certainly more powerful than ones George Lucas have envisioned. If you want to compare official Star Wars lore, i did say Yoda and Mace Windu. Edited by bahugboto

You can't compare Jedi's of different eras, you can only compare Jedis of the same era, fyi Revan, Malak belongs in the old era, a few thousand years before Yoda even existed, so they are infinitely more powerful because it's an era where Force users and practitioners thrive by the thousands. The era of the Skywalkers was an era where force users have virtually been eliminated altogether. Besides that point we are talking about star wars expanded universe lol, it's all fan made fiction, but if you logically want to compare force might, the ancient Jedis are certainly more powerful than ones George Lucas have envisioned. If you want to compare official Star Wars lore, i did say Yoda and Mace Windu.

You're a little bit mistaken on this point. While most EU content(this game by its very existance outside of the movies is also EU) is created by fans, there are actual people hired by Lucasfilm(Leland Chee for one) who keep track of Star Wars canon; including the books which are also official lore.

If you follow the idea that there was a prophecy to bring balance to the force it could be explained that anakin was the chosen one and fulfilled it by eventually killing the emperor. Personally I think that the prophecy refers to luke and that anakins only role was to father Luke, if you read through the expanded universe he really brings in aspects generally associated with both sith and jedi, so while Luke may not be the most powerful any specific thing he certainly is the most powerful in that he balances the force.