New Locations for the Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour

CourtneyWoods

These types of events are always for Major Cities. So for many players they just can not go to such things as they will have to travel way to long of a distance and just can not afford to go. It pretty much sucks for those of us that live out in the smaller towns or country areas. Heck some areas just never get any events. Be it States or Countries no matter where it is in the world.

I know the reason for it is logistics and the main thing is the cost of setting up and going to such things.

Still I wish that for once such events, no matter who or what it is, would break from the norm and go to areas that are off the beaten path and closer to the smaller communities. It does not have to be really small towns but just cities that are more centralized. Lets take Illinois for Example. The go to Chicago but a city like Peoria, Bloomington, or Springfield are more Centralized. Now if you go over to Indiana there major city is not to bad as Indianapolis in centered in the middle of the state. So is Ohio's major city Columbus. Thing is a lot of places are not Centralized so most people have to travel a good distance to go to events. Nowadays Traveling cost a lot. Many just can not afford it.

Anyways I said my peace. Maybe someday I will be lucky enough to be in an area when some event is going on. :(

I want to know what is wrong with Atlanta, we are only the world's busiest airport and there are direct flights from Austin and most other parts of the world here.

Not to mention Dragoncon in September (27th and still going).

I'm actually from Atlanta and love Dragoncon. Unfortunately, we can only go to so many events and it had to be cut from the list. :jawa_frown:

This is the case for most of the "missing" cities. We would love to visit, of course, but unfortunately we can't do it all!

Aren't they always located in some kind of bar / pub?

Well since it is a Cantina tour I would assume they would be in a bar/pub. :)

Well as for the other ones, I believe you could be any age to enter. I remember that previous one that said you had to be 21+, but not for the others. :(

I would be happy with it coming to any city in Australia, though it is looking like there is no love happening there,. Which is seriously not totally surprising, it has been to London and now Cologne so how about Sydney, Melbuorne would be better but at least Sydney is seen as a global location in a manner of speaking.

Is there any chance for them to come below the equator?

Hey everyone!

As promised last week, here is an update on the new locations for the Community Cantina Tour this year. You can check out our blog here or just take a look at the list below. :jawa_smile:

•  
  • May 2013 – Dallas, TX

• June 2013 – Los Angeles, CA

• July 2013 – San Diego, CA

• August 2013 – Chicago, IL

• August 2013 – Cologne, Germany

• August 2013 – Seattle, WA

• October 2013 – New York, NY

• November 2013 – Austin, TX

Please keep in mind that these dates and locations are not final and subject to change.

We hope to see you at one of our Cantina Tours!

WOW....Nothing in Las Vegas? Talk about a missed party opportunity. <sigh> I guess SOE took over Vegas for their thing and everyone else is too afraid to come here. :p

I agree. There are more continents in this world.

So why not Australie, South America and Asia and Africa, too ?

Edit :

Besides, to be correct, this list should correctly read :

• May 2013 – Dallas, TX
  • August 2013 – Cologne, NRW

This would be correct, because Germany has federal states as well !

(A thing that often slips through common knowledge).

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Hey everyone!

As promised last week, here is an update on the new locations for the Community Cantina Tour this year. You can check out our blog here or just take a look at the list below. :jawa_smile:

•  
  • May 2013 – Dallas, TX

• August 2013 – Cologne, Germany

Please keep in mind that these dates and locations are not final and subject to change.

We hope to see you at one of our Cantina Tours!

Any specific date in May for the Dallas stop yet? :confused: