EA, y u no take my greendot card?

crunchbarry

Cash is king, baby.

Actually it's not. In the US, the 2013 budget for new currency printing is $797M. So that is $797 million dollars that is wasted on printing a physical item, A physical item that use could easily be replaced by a non-physical item (debit card, EFT etc) that shifts the cost of usage away from tax payers. "Cash" or paper currency is as antiquated concept that cost this country $8B over the course of 10 years and people who use it are fiscally irresponsible.

By the way, can I borrow a dollar? Thanks!

Edited by JaxonLuxor

I dont like banks. So I use a greendot card for online shopping. I used this card as a payment method for my subscription for about a year, and now suddenly EA doesn't allow you to use these cards?

Whats gives, EA?

Not sure but I don't use my bank card online either. My prepaid walmart card still works.

I'm asking around about this now. I can say that Paypal should be a viable option.

My old greendot card expired so I purchased a new one. I deleted my old payment method and added the new, and it wouldn't work.

I called customer support and they said greendot cards are no longer accepted. >.>

Having my greendot card not accepted is definitely a first.

Edited by crunchbarry
addition

Actually it's not. In the US, the 2013 budget for new currency printing is $797M. So that is $797 million dollars that is wasted on printing a physical item, A physical item that use could easily be replaced by a non-physical item (debit card, EFT etc) that shifts the cost of usage away from tax payers. "Cash" or paper currency is as antiquated concept that cost this country $8B over the course of 10 years and people who use it are fiscally irresponsible.

By the way, can I borrow a dollar? Thanks!

Actually, printing money is quite unnecessary these days and brings about such things as inflation. Don't blame the currency system. Blame a poor 2013 budget.

BTW, you guys enjoy your bank fees. Enjoy your bank siphoning money from you on your mortgages and loans, and then seeing not even a shadow of a fraction of that back on interest returns for your accounts.

And remember, banks were started by being backed by cash money. So your logic pretty much fails.

Cash is king, baby.

Actually, printing money is quite unnecessary these days and brings about such things as inflation. Don't blame the currency system. Blame a poor 2013 budget.

BTW, you guys enjoy your bank fees. Enjoy your bank siphoning money from you on your mortgages and loans, and then seeing not even a shadow of a fraction of that back on interest returns for your accounts.

And remember, banks were started by being backed by cash money. So your logic pretty much fails.

Cash is king, baby.

Printing money by itself does not bring inflation. . .

printing money without gold or another universal high value item backing it does. . .

Also I pay nothing ever for my checking account, debit card, or savings account with USAA. . .

and lastly, banks where/are started by being backed by gold or other valued items, and then they give out currency based on their gold amount. . .at least the first ones where. . .

And good luck trying to buy a house/nice car in a few years with no credit history. . .

so you got 50 grand in cash just lying around?

I said a NICE car. . .

I use a bank, but some people do have 50 grand or more laying around because they don't trust banks. They use safes and all those kinds of things to protect their assets. You can buy a NICE car without a bank account. I wouldn't. I'd use my Debit card (Similar to his greendot card, but connected to a transaction account) but I don't speak for the world.

I use a bank, but some people do have 50 grand or more laying around because they don't trust banks. They use safes and all those kinds of things to protect their assets. You can buy a NICE car without a bank account. I wouldn't. I'd use my Debit card (Similar to his greendot card, but connected to a transaction account) but I don't speak for the world.

Well no sh*t. . .

its just most people use banks. . .

Because buying and maintaining a safe is cheaper than banking fees. . .oh wait it isn't. . .

I dont like banks. So I use a greendot card for online shopping. I used this card as a payment method for my subscription for about a year, and now suddenly EA doesn't allow you to use these cards?

Whats gives, EA?

Why are you spamming this forum with unconstructive drivel.

Get you a bank account, its not that big of deal.

........No.

Not sure what you've got against banks, ok I don't trust them, but trying to live without them is impossible in Britian, but unless you know were to get the payment cards for this game (no longer sold in Britian, but some american supermarkets still stock them) then a Bank account is the easiest way.

Paypal requires a bank account, or you can just give your debit card details. But I've never heard of a Greendot Card, so I'm assuming they're America only, and demanding that a MMO supports an American only card is unlikely to succeed.

Fort Knox is empty and our money is a lie!

Can't say about Fort Knox, since I don't trust the info in films about were the gold is, but money has been a lie for quite a while now. Since coins are not valuable metal, and paper money is a promise to pay the money provided you don't actually ask, money has been conceptual rather than real for the best part of two centuries, electronic banking has just made this worse.

Printing money by itself does not bring inflation. . .

printing money without gold or another universal high value item backing it does. . .

Also I pay nothing ever for my checking account, debit card, or savings account with USAA. . .

and lastly, banks where/are started by being backed by gold or other valued items, and then they give out currency based on their gold amount. . .at least the first ones where. . .

And good luck trying to buy a house/nice car in a few years with no credit history. . .

You are incorrect good sir.

The american greenback represents american services and goods - and is backed by those services and goods.

Our good friend Milton Friedman, economical genius, would certainly disagree with you that printing money does not cause inflation. In fact, he would state that printing money is the number one cause of inflation.

Why would I buy a house or car on credit and end up paying double the asset's worth, when i can save up and just pay cash money?

The thing about the greendot card is that it does technically go through a bank. I reload my card at a store with cash, and any transactions i make with that card go through a bank.

Yet still it was a compromise I had to make to do online shopping. It is not like having a traditional bank account in any sense, and I will hold to my refusal of ever using said traditional banks.

That said I'm not really concerned with having no credit, etc, even though I do have a cell phone. I never plan on buying anything with credit. Ever. And I would advise everyone else to do the same.

Banks and their credits are what caused the economical crisis... roughly said. Banks are evil. And people who defend credits are very confused.

That aside I am interested in seeing if there will be a more detailed response regarding Greendot and maybe even more about their payment policy. I've been having trouble paying with debit cards in perfect standing and money in them.

Edited by Katlin

You are incorrect good sir.

The american greenback represents american services and goods - and is backed by those services and goods.

Our good friend Milton Friedman, economical genius, would certainly disagree with you that printing money does not cause inflation. In fact, he would state that printing money is the number one cause of inflation.

Why would I buy a house or car on credit and end up paying double the asset's worth, when i can save up and just pay cash money?

really?

you can't grasp the fact that "goods" = gold. . .

I am having a similer issue, though with paypal. My paypal account adds but whenever I try to make a purchase of cartel coins or what have you, I get an error that states an unexpected error has occured, so far talking to support has had no impact. So paypal is not a viable option...