Shae Vizla Missing head

Jamtas

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not intended that you can customize Shay, outside of the one of the three Shay Customizations you can get from her Alert. This is a bug, and will be addressed in a future patch. Anything she is wearing will be returned to you when she is updated.

Extremely disappointing, you guys really need to knock it off with uncustomizable companions.

It is not intended that you can customize Shay, outside of the one of the three Shay Customizations you can get from her Alert. This is a bug, and will be addressed in a future patch. Anything she is wearing will be returned to you when she is updated.

Wow. One of the most requested features from 4.0 (customize new companions) is considered a bug and will be eliminated? That's...unfortunately quite believable, as 5.0 has been pretty much all about giving players what they don't want.

In any case, now that we've seen that it (mostly) works, we know the speculation that it was because of "technical reasons" isn't quite correct.

Three? I only got 2 after doing her short quest on Odessen.

The hide helmet feature doesn't change anything, but even when placing different armor on her, the face is invisible

If you remove the customization from its slot, everything (other than covert armor) seems to work fine (like old companions).

Edited by eartharioch

Why not fix the bug instead of removing a feature everyone wants? Maybe just remove head slots and let us customize the rest of the armor. Please do this for Lana and all other companions as well. There is nothing special about the character models aside from the head so let us at least outfit them the way we want.

I don't even want to put her in a bikini I just my companion to match my character if I can.

We should be able to customize our companions. We getting tired of you choosing the outfits. Yea I know some will put them in the dancer's outfit but people do not want their companions to all look the same. When are you going to start listening or do you just like ignoring everyone.

Most people have better taste than the people who design the outfits they come in.

Edited by casirabit

Why not fix the bug instead of removing a feature everyone wants? Maybe just remove head slots and let us customize the rest of the armor. Please do this for Lana and all other companions as well. There is nothing special about the character models aside from the head so let us at least outfit them the way we want.

I don't even want to put her in a bikini I just my companion to match my character if I can.

The bug doesn't even need to be fixed. It only happens when you use [the included] customization. If you remove it, everything else (other than the invisible Covert armor), including helmets, works fine. It's only when you try to add armor over the customization that you get a problem. They should just leave it "as is".

Can this be one of those bugs that we can just leave be? I think more people would like the option to customize Vizla than not.

Or jsut put it on the very bottom of the "to-do" list in fixing bugs and bump it for something else every dev sprint

Indeed. There is no reason why all humanoid companions shouldn't be able to wear any of the clothing/armor player characters can wear. Please change them all to work!

I am sorry this is very unacceptable. You guys really need to knock it off. We really don't have options now to customize our companion. It what makes a different aspect of the game fun. Also in making our own toons appearance. You let us customize our original companions. Then when KOTFE hit in 4.0 you throw us all these new companions and we cant modify the look whatsoever. Whats the point now??? Its really sad you guys dont let us have our decisions in appearances and TBH, these half-baked stories is not our alliance. Its Lana's. She's the deciding factor in all of the decisions. She might as well be the hero of the day not us. Thank you very much !!! we want more!! please sir can I have another!!!! absolute B.S. !

That's going to anger more people than it pleases.

Why not just leave it as is?

Why?

With the other companions, the idea that their models were specifically designed for their armor and thus other armors wouldn't work on them was at least understandable, albeit disappointing. There were cases where that didn't fit (Theron Shan, for instance, who can preview armors properly but doesn't have the slots to use them) but for the most part it made sense.

In this case, though, the "bug" has made it clear that this isn't the case for Shae. She has a model that can work with the ingame armors so her model isn't the issue. Why limit her to a single armor when this proves she can wear other armors? It just removes customization options for no reason.

I'd at least like to see an explanation given for why Shae isn't allowed to be customized. It just seems like an unnecessary restriction at this point.

Not sure what's worse - this response or the fact that a dev can't spell her name properly

If i lose the ability to customize Shae there is a 200% chance that I will uninstall the game for good and cancel my subscription.

Thanks Tait, I totally forgot why I shook the SW:TOR dust off my feet almost two years ago. How a gaming company can be so utterly tone deaf is simply breathtaking. Bravo!

I genuinely hate you people. :mad:

No! What? No!

Why?

That she can wear whatever cosmetic armor we want to put on her is a GOOD thing, something we want for ALL of our companions.

The fark why change that?