Hardmode Operations Sustained DPS

Provided you are aware of what happens around you, know the mechanics, know the playing style of your group members, know your rotation and are able to adapt to different situations, you should be fine with any sort of numbers; but, if you really do want a number, i'd say around 1.9 to 2.4 depending on the boss

(If you want an example of the list mentioned above, my guild ran a healer geared in level 48- 61 mods/enhancements through TfB HM coupled with a dps in full 63's :D )

It's really about mechanics. The only HM boss with a tight enrage is Styrak. You could do that boss pulling a 2.2k on a dummy and not feel like you're being carried. You should be able to do a 2.2 in full 66 mods/enhs/MH/OH though, so the gear requirements are not steep.

It's really about mechanics. The only HM boss with a tight enrage is Styrak. You could do that boss pulling a 2.2k on a dummy and not feel like you're being carried. You should be able to do a 2.2 in full 66 mods/enhs/MH/OH though, so the gear requirements are not steep.

Operator doesn't have a tight enrage, but it does have a somewhat tight DPS check.

Also, i think 2.2k feels a little low for Styrak? I know you do good work KBN, but this is just an opinion thing from running it ;>.

Edited by vdbswong

Operator doesn't have a tight enrage, but it does have a somewhat tight DPS check.

Also, i think 2.2k feels a little low for Styrak

Agreed. Styrak has high miss, dodge, deflection chances. Usually 2400~2500 on the dummy is a happy number.

Only real dps checks (beside nightmare) is operator in asation and styrak in s&v. If you can solo your data core at operator your dps is sufficient. I don't know the exact numbers on styrak, I hang around 2,7 there. A good indicator for sufficient dps at styrak is, if the first dragon only has one roll phase. Your dps should be enough then. (Be sure to use click relic, adrenal, inspiration etc.) when dragon appears 2nd time because your damage is amplified by a lot.

Dummy DPS is nowhere near telling as it isn't boss dps. If you can dps 2,2k on the bosses in s&v and asation you're set.

Also, i think 2.2k feels a little low for Styrak? I know you do good work KBN, but this is just an opinion thing from running it ;>.

Depends on how well you can translate that dummy DPS onto the boss. I calculated 4 DPS at 2.2k, two tanks at 1k and both healers at 200 DPS as being the minimum for the fight. When we first cleared it, we had one DPS at just over 1600 (fail hybrid spec), but our tanks did about 1.1k, our healers did 400 a piece and our DPS did 2.6k, 2.4k and 2.4k, which more than makes up the difference.

I would feel confident bringing my Sorc to S&V HM, but largely because I know the mechanics *really* well and am fairly comfortable claiming that I can translate my dummy DPS onto the boss (especially Styrak). If someone is less familiar with the fight, then require 2.4k as a minimum (maybe 2.6k) would be better since it leaves a lot more wiggle room.

Depends on how well you can translate that dummy DPS onto the boss. I calculated 4 DPS at 2.2k, two tanks at 1k and both healers at 200 DPS as being the minimum for the fight. When we first cleared it, we had one DPS at just over 1600 (fail hybrid spec), but our tanks did about 1.1k, our healers did 400 a piece and our DPS did 2.6k, 2.4k and 2.4k, which more than makes up the difference.

I would feel confident bringing my Sorc to S&V HM, but largely because I know the mechanics *really* well and am fairly comfortable claiming that I can translate my dummy DPS onto the boss (especially Styrak). If someone is less familiar with the fight, then require 2.4k as a minimum (maybe 2.6k) would be better since it leaves a lot more wiggle room.

Currently i'm caught between two different uses of the term DPS at the moment.

The starting comment about Dummy DPS is of the sustained "during the boss fight" DPS which is great if you can carry that number over to the boss.

However then you talk about calculated DPS and your own group's results, which is "after the boss fight" DPS. However the soft enrage phase seems to inflate your DPS since he/they take increased damage, which creates a disparity between the two numbers you've quoted since they can't be equal.

If you're pulling 2.2k DPS during the boss fight, then at the end, taking into account the Soft Enrage phase, your DPS will be sat around 2.4k-.2.6k

Whereas if you're sat at 2.2k DPS after the boss fight, then your "duing the boss fight" DPS will be more along the lines of 1.8k-2k DPS.

The problem with the latter is that I honestly can't see you actually getting to the soft enrage (at least, not without having to deal with a hard enrage) in order to average out your numbers so they're "acceptable".

I think most of my views are taken from my own group's experience... we've currently downed Styrak 3 times so far and each time we've always hit the enrage, yet technically we should have more than enough DPS by your calculations (if we go by Dummy numbers).

Currently trying to figure out if it's a DPS uptime problem or simply a DPS translation (from Dummy -> Boss) issue, but personally i'm going from ~2.5k-2.6k on a Dummy to ~2k-2.2k "during" and 2.4k "after". Although my numbers have been increasing each week, so it could possibly be i'm not familiar enough with the fight yet.

WIth Styrak (at least it 8-man, I haven't done 16) you can just bring 5 DPS and 1 tank. I will maybe loose aggro for 5 seconds maximum in a fight if there is sufficient rDPS for the choking adds. Then the DPS check is much less of an issue.

WIth Styrak (at least it 8-man, I haven't done 16) you can just bring 5 DPS and 1 tank. I will maybe loose aggro for 5 seconds maximum in a fight if there is sufficient rDPS for the choking adds. Then the DPS check is much less of an issue.

Assuming you're a assassin and clear the stacking debuff in P2 of kell dragon? Or a off taunt and its healable while you drop stacks?

I think most of my views are taken from my own group's experience... we've currently downed Styrak 3 times so far and each time we've always hit the enrage, yet technically we should have more than enough DPS by your calculations (if we go by Dummy numbers).

Currently trying to figure out if it's a DPS uptime problem or simply a DPS translation (from Dummy -> Boss) issue, but personally i'm going from ~2.5k-2.6k on a Dummy to ~2k-2.2k "during" and 2.4k "after". Although my numbers have been increasing each week, so it could possibly be i'm not familiar enough with the fight yet.

Are you sure your tanks are pulling their weight? Your healers? What about your other DPS? Numbers drop a lot with uneven DPS compositions due to the four adds mechanic.

I've observed that a lot of specs plummet on that fight. Anything with the word "Lethality" in it is in really bad shape due to the frequent debuff cleanses. Conversely, some specs see a nice buff. Infil shadows do worlds better on Styrak than on a dummy.

Assuming you're a assassin and clear the stacking debuff in P2 of kell dragon? Or a off taunt and its healable while you drop stacks?

5 DPS can burn the dragon down just before the debuff kills me. I just need to time cooldowns right.