EC in Perspective

Hi guys,

There's been numerous discussion/arguments/trolls :D on the subject of whether EC is too hard and as such whether it need nerfing; so I though I start this.

Please try to keep this tread as factual as possible.

I thought if people can give more specific details of the group/gear/Ops experience they have going into EC and whether you find it challenging in a good or bad way will help to give perspective to your argument and for others to compare notes

I run with TWO op teams from TWO guilds and in both cases we found it challenging but in a good way that make us keep trying to progress (both successfully and unsuccessfully) and as such we're happy for EC to keep it current difficulty.

Op1 - I would say your average Op team.

- Mostly Columi with 1-2 Rakata's.

- We're EV HM 4/5 and KP norm 3/5.

- We op 2-3 times a week going to different places each night and not necessary try to clear the place.

- On our first run at EC normal we spent 3hrs before managing to down the first boss.

Op2 - A straight up Raiding guild,

- Mostly Rakata with 1-2 Columi.

- Cleared EV and KP NM.

- Use to raid 4 times a week but by the end of 1.1 we were clearing the content in one night.

- We started straight into HM EC and it generally took us 1-2 4hr night to learn and clear the boss...until we got to Kephess that we're working on.

As said, under the above condition I'm happy with the current difficulty but its definitely not for PUG's and I DO understand how some might see it as over-tune BUT if you do a bit of reading on the tacts and have the appropriate gear as above then i really don't see why people can't progress through (fast or slow).

I run with TWO op teams from TWO guilds and in both cases we found it challenging but in a good way that make us keep trying to progress (both successfully and unsuccessfully) and as such we're happy for EC to keep it current difficulty.

Op1 - I would say your average Op team.

- Mostly Columi with 1-2 Rakata's.

- We're EV HM 4/5 and KP norm 3/5.

- We op 2-3 times a week going to different places each night and not necessary try to clear the place.

- On our first run at EC normal we spent 3hrs before managing to down the first boss.

Op2 - A straight up Raiding guild,

- Mostly Rakata with 1-2 Columi.

- Cleared EV and KP NM.

- Use to raid 4 times a week but by the end of 1.1 we were clearing the content in one night.

- We started straight into HM EC and it generally took us 1-2 4hr night to learn and clear the boss...until we got to Kephess that we're working on.

As said, under the above condition I'm happy with the current difficulty but its definitely not for PUG's and I DO understand how some might see it as over-tune BUT if you do a bit of reading on the tacts and have the appropriate gear as above then i really don't see why people can't progress through (fast or slow).

I agree with you here to some degree. Although I think a lot of people will not be able to complete this content. Sure BW might make it easier in the future but the damage has been done.

I agree with you here to some degree. Although I think a lot of people will not be able to complete this content. Sure BW might make it easier in the future but the damage has been done.

Yes I agree with you I think the more casual Op people MAY struggle with the 2nd boss (I haven't gone there with my casual team yet) as there's many mechanics to it., but for the 1st and 3rd boss is I think OK BUT we have to wait and see whether people can pound through the 2nd boss.

Its not a perfect system but I guess Bioware's was also hoping people will farm the new dailies for the new Blackhole gear which may help them clear the content.

Edited by Caeduz

It's fine. A couple bosses could use some slight tweaking to make them a little more forgiving. However, if it's not cleared by the bulk of raiding guilds in 3 weeks it served its purpose well. Raiding is progression. Progression is not just clearing normal and moving to hardmode. Progression is downing one boss after mechanics are learned and skill is increased. Raids had to get harder at some point in time, but at least these are still simple enough to be done by the bulk of the population, they just might not do them in the first couple weeks and so it's causing people to blow up about it being too difficult. People need to adjust these raids aren't cakewalks anymore. They require you to have basic class awareness and basic raid awareness and not much else. This raid punishes people for mistakes, as all good raiding has done and all good raiding should continue to do.

While I do believe people may struggle to do Kephess or even Stormcaller/Firebrand I think this is a good thing, learning and growing as a player is very important. These raids are not so difficult that they require much more than fairly basic overall raid awareness. I will say that if learning and growing your skill in raids isn't something you look forward to then maybe you shouldn't be a raider, because I guarantee regardless of play level casual to hardcore there is going to be someone who gets tired of hearing people complain about content difficulty when they make no active strides to better themselves and learn from mistakes.