HK-51 quest - worthwhile?

I don't like the post-story gameplay. That's not a judgment on anyone else, I just don't enjoy it, and never have. The occasional FP is fun, but doing the same ones with the same characters bore me, so while I've got several level 50 characters, none of them are geared up. No one quests for gear without a guild, and I have no guild, so there's not much chance of that changing anytime soon.

So my question to the peanut gallery is this... is it worth trying to push some Tionese 50 through the quest line to get HK-51, or does it require some Rakata/Black-Hole/something gear to be do-able? I was amused by his predecessor in KOTOR, and it seems like it might be fun to have him around for a new character rolling through story mode, but since 'post game' content is not my thing, maybe it's not worth the effort.

So my question to the peanut gallery is this... is it worth trying to push some Tionese 50 through the quest line to get HK-51, or does it require some Rakata/Black-Hole/something gear to be do-able? I was amused by his predecessor in KOTOR, and it seems like it might be fun to have him around for a new character rolling through story mode, but since 'post game' content is not my thing, maybe it's not worth the effort.
couple easy heroics, 1 story mode (or HM) FP and another FP that has to be done on HM. So Tionese is more than enough provide you have some idea the mechanics of the FP and you can semi handle your spec depending on your role. The other parts are just exploring and a grind.

Is it worth it? No clue I haven't found the piece on Taris yet. Got the rest, but haven't found the Taris one yet. You will need at least one toon alt from the other fraction able to explore the capital planet of that fraction. None of it is difficult if you have any patience. I just lacked that.

Personally, I enjoyed getting HK-51 partly for the quest itself, but mostly as I unlocked him on my legacy for my Operative early on. So basically I leveled my entire storyline with HK as my main companion.

You have to get new gear, as the stuff he comes with is level 50, but it's similar to gearing up other companions, especially once you get some moddable droid stuff.

I don't like the post-story gameplay. That's not a judgment on anyone else, I just don't enjoy it, and never have. The occasional FP is fun, but doing the same ones with the same characters bore me, so while I've got several level 50 characters, none of them are geared up. No one quests for gear without a guild, and I have no guild, so there's not much chance of that changing anytime soon.

It's not hard, a bit frustrating to find pieces. Doing the sm fp is simplicity, the hm is not that hard.

Watch that last heroic, though, if you solo it -- interrupt or you're dead, the guy is no punk. I'd so far as to say all the heroics are much less frustrating if 2-manned at the least.

Once it is anyway. The quest line is kind of fun, especially the Theoretika puzzle but man the scanning.....it's slow, tedious and extremely boring. Try to team up for scanning the parts, even one person can speed up the process greatly.

But frankly, the scanner should just display the distance right away when used in the correct area. I'd have much more fun trying to locate a part from a kilometer away then trudge through the muck for hours hoping to hit the 25 meter radius.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

Once it is anyway. The quest line is kind of fun, especially the Theoretika puzzle but man the scanning.....it's slow, tedious and extremely boring. Try to team up for scanning the part, even one person can speed up the process greatly.

But frankly, the scanner should just display the distance right away when used in the correct area. I'd have much more fun trying to locate the part from a kilometer away then trudge through the muck for hours hoping to hit the 25 meter radius.

Too true, I nearly lost my mind on the Dark Temple approach. Thankfully one other person came along some time later and managed to track it down.

Too true, I nearly lost my mind on the Dark Temple approach. Thankfully one other person came along some time later and managed to track it down.

Too true.

Luckily, I was doing my part searching when there were a lot of people on the HK-51 bandwagon -- it encouraged a certain amount of camaraderie. Even solo players doing searching would call out in general chat that they hit a 25m ping, and a dozen nearby players would all run over and scour the area together.

On Hoth there was even cross faction cooperation to find it.

HK is a big dissapointment.

Unlike in the console KOTOR series where he talked a lot and had so many funny things to say, in the game he's almost a mute.

I did the quest line and outfitted him in assassins gear. But I refuse to run the quest line for my other level 50's. It's not worth it.

I wouldn't trade Torian on my BH for HK even if he's outfitted in top gear.

HK is a big dissapointment.

Unlike in the console KOTOR series where he talked a lot and had so many funny things to say, in the game he's almost a mute.

I did the quest line and outfitted him in assassins gear. But I refuse to run the quest line for my other level 50's. It's not worth it.

I wouldn't trade Torian on my BH for HK even if he's outfitted in top gear.

He was a LIFESAVER on my heal-spec Operative. You only get ONE companion on IA until the end of Chapter 1. That's like 30 freaking levels with Kaliyo who drives me up the wall.

Unlock HK-51 on my main, then legacy unlock him on my IA and have a blast.

Seriously, L I F E S A V E R

He was a LIFESAVER on my heal-spec Operative. You only get ONE companion on IA until the end of Chapter 1. That's like 30 freaking levels with Kaliyo who drives me up the wall.

You get Vector a little bit before the end of Chapter 1. But yeah, I HATE Kaliyo. Freaking slovenly, unprofessional traitor.

My favourite part of HK-51 is his "+1 crit" for crafting, he's the only companion to have +artifice crit chance (no ship droid part for +artifice crit). And honestly, Assassinate is lovely for strongs, just don't waste it on normal/standard enemies.

Yes, he's worthwhile, solid rating of 118 which after a bit more hardwork can be cyberteched up to 154. he's entertaining as you unlock affection conversations. also has an AWESOME assasinate skill. very handy when you eanna cut a little time off your dailys. HK is my first preference companion. Quest requires a lot of patience with the scanner. Theoretika was a refreshing change from the usual crawl. i hope they do more like it.

Just found all the hidden pieces. It do take some time to find them. Use a system and team up with others. Don't just go and search randomly. It will take alot of more time.

<a href=http://download.cnet.com/Free-Youtube-Downloader-Pro/3000-2071_4-75329731.html >youtube downloader</a>

I like Kaliyo, but HK was amazing for my bodyguard Merc. Try getting all the way to the end of Tatooine with two healers. :shudder:

And yeah, free kills on Silvers is an insanely good time-saver and risk-reducer at any level.

HK is definitely worth it regardless of the spec you play. My main spec is a tank and I normally used my healer companion, once I switched to HK though I just learned to hold threat for a few seconds and by then he's already killed everything, though I admit I have pretty easy access to rakata and above gear, my HK is in mostly rakata and above, your mileage may vary.

Does he have any dialogs/reputation like the real companions, or just a combat ally?

He does but he won't comment throughout the story, you can only talk to him on the ship. And the only way of getting the affection up to talk to him is through gifts. Quite disappointing actually.