Time to vote for Gunslinger/Sniper Q&A (due for 6-6-2014)

fire-breath

lol yes dodge has his effect still but it was suppose to cleanse force stuff also or so have a longer duration , till people complained it was to op ... so it was reverted, and i think also with a shorter cd, wich never happened naturally.

airstrike is less, flashbang is less, giving others something and nothing really to slingers mainly sabo, is less,

youre telling me that little droid boost is a big up? compared to other stuff they added

i dont need xtra power as sabo, never run out of it really, im not a comando lol or a scoundrel heals lol,

so great it gives more of what a sabo doesnt need.

Sabotage does not have the power problem the other smug trees have, we have a refresh on the cd for cool head, and the other piece ability is useless for sabo. and what ability execute sorry? no execute bonus for sabo i think your thinking like a sharpshooter and applying it to sabo. All the smug nerfs happened to aoe stuff in case you didnt notice that. do you even play sabotage, so tell me what i need as someone who never played the tree lol?

The piece bonus is bogus for sabo almost better to use the scoundrel 2 piece and get the xrta run from blaster wip,

wich isnt really what a sabo needs either,and the sabo tree wasnt that bad untill all this new messing around, sharpshooter is boring to me, im not a parser so i dont really want to play sharp, dots are even more boring, and because other smug ac who are using flyby as single attack we get it nerfed,

doesnt that rather mean improve sharp or single attacks, if they need fly by as single attack?

sabo use all their aoes also as single attacks. So nerfing fly by basically nerfed our biggest attack.

well get others involved in the smug missions, make them have to catch them or so discover the goods etc...

"jabba even i get boarded sometimes"

could even combine it with the bounty hunter event. dont see people complaining that its called bounty missions, didnt i just say devs love bounties and sith lol and how does bounty missions relate even as an activity for a light side guardian tank lol.

for spies could be smuggling some secret pub data etc..

big problem here people have no imagination...

Edited by ODTONE

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh.. Here we go...

Please for any future responds, try to help the reader a bit. I mean at least use the names. I mean what am I supposed to do with "the droid boost"?

lol yes dodge has his effect still but it was suppose to cleanse force stuff also or so have a longer duration , till people complained it was to op

To correct myself a bit, it actually purges stuff instead of cleanse. Healers cleanse and dodge purges.

So back to the quote, Dodge purges any effect that can be purged. That includes the DoTs with cleanse protection.

Besides that it gives a 3 second melee and ranged attack protection.

The effect that was tested and later removed was a tech and force protection in addition of the above effect.

airstrike is less, flashbang is less, giving others something and nothing really to slingers mainly sabo, is less,

youre telling me that little droid boost is a big up? compared to other stuff they added

droid boost, droid boost.... Oh you mean Defense screen, I think. If not then please tell me what ability you are talking about.

And please quote me where I mention it is 'a big up'. The buff was necessary and nice, but calling it big would be overdoing it.

i dont need xtra power as sabo, never run out of it really, im not a comando lol or a scoundrel heals lol,

so great it gives more of what a sabo doesnt need.

Wait is this still about the droid boost? What power do you not run out of? Or better said, what are you talking about? (this also applies to most of what you have written)

Sabotage does not have the power problem the other smug trees have,

Can you please start calling the tree Saboteur? I mean I get confused a lot with the ability Sabotage Charge.

and the other piece ability is useless for sabo. and what ability execute sorry? no execute bonus for sabo i think your thinking like a sharpshooter and applying it to sabo.

Oh this is going to be fun, lets take a look at the next quote before I continue..

All the smug nerfs happened to aoe stuff in case you didnt notice that. do you even play sabotage, so tell me what i need as someone who never played the tree lol?

I admit I do not use Saboteur often, but I do use it.

Now you are (I think) assuming I have never used the tree and know nothing of it, while you don't even know about Quick Draw? You know, your execute ability?

It is the ability you try to use as often as possible on targets below 30% health. And the lower cost (note, 4pc pve set bonus) allowing you to use it more often without risking to ruin your energy.

Besides may I remind you of a certain relic glitch which has been fixed? Which lowered the overall damage output of all 3 trees both single and multi target.

The piece bonus is bogus for sabo almost better to use the scoundrel 2 piece and get the xrta run from blaster wip,

I have a feeling you are talking pvp here. In which case I agree that the effects should be more worthwhile.

If you are talking pve though, then the 4 pc is usefull. Whether you agree with me or not, I don't care since you can't avoid the facts. Less energy spent on Quick Draw means more energy for other abilities.

Admitted, Dirty Fighting benefits more than the other 2 trees.

wich isnt really what a sabo needs either,and the sabo tree wasnt that bad untill all this new messing around, sharpshooter is boring to me, im not a parser so i dont really want to play sharp, dots are even more boring, and because other smug ac who are using flyby as single attack we get it nerfed,

doesnt that rather mean improve sharp or single attacks, if they need fly by as single attack?

sabo use all their aoes also as single attacks. So nerfing fly by basically nerfed our biggest attack.

The only way to get it out of the single target rotation was to make other abilities worth picking over flyby. Thing is, that would make Gunslinger overpowered (which at the time was already one of the strongest).

It is annoying, but the nerf had to happen.

And guess what, they are re-designing Saboteur to make it better. That costs a lot of time.

well get others involved in the smug missions, make them have to catch them or so discover the goods etc...

"jabba even i get boarded sometimes"

could even combine it with the bounty hunter event. dont see people complaining that its called bounty missions, didnt i just say devs love bounties and sith lol and how does bounty missions relate even as an activity for a light side guardian tank lol.

for spies could be smuggling some secret pub data etc..

big problem here people have no imagination...

It should be story only.

If you add a feature to just a single class, then you create conflict. A new gameplay feature has to be available for everyone, no matter the class.

Making smuggler the euhm... smuggler and the other classes the 'police' will cause people to complain. Not everyone wants to create a smuggler, but most people do want to test all gameplay features. If they can't because they do not have a smuggler, then they will (rightfully) complain.

sry dude dont feel like talking to ya for futur refrences rofl, i think what i do not happy your problem lol, im not gonna spend my day arguing with someone i dont even know whos just contradicting everything, like in some court of law rofl, get your own ideas, your post looks abit scary like highlighting everything, compulsive behavior maybe lol or law student ? its a whole page long think im gonna read that? All you want is to make yourself look good over my post and me bad , so i dont really care what you think, nothing positive will come out of this discussion.

this will be fun:

like i said energy isnt a sabos problem yet you persist to tell me i need more energy, so i can use my execute with no loss, i never need more energy and i dont use the piece bonuses, dont you get it, sabo dont have the problems you do with energy , normal that you like it its made for your build not mine, you seem not to be really seeing what i said, play sabo and well talk, i bet you wouldnt even understand the proper rotations for "saboteur", much more complex than sharpshooter.

but hey i can save the energy i dont need i guess rofl

when my "execute" is firing off i dont need much more power the stuff will die pretty quick from there on.

youre the one going btw i hadnt talked to you, so pff here we go back lol

you talk to me and then are suprised i reply , what world do you live in, im not your little boy lol?

then dont reply wont be any going ... you dont even play my class build, how do you know aside being an expert at contradicting? Its like me as sabo telling you as sharpshooter what you need?

and saying that the blaster wip bonus is pvp gear... shows you didnt even check all the smug piece bonus,

yet your discussing it?

Look at the pve enforcer bonus set then talk, youll be happy the 4 piece is more energy! :

http://ootinicast.com/2013/05/pve-pvp-2-piece-4-piece-set-bonuses-classes-2-0/

the 2 piece pve bonus increases 15% crits on it! there end of discussion, its a fact !

there is no blaster wip bonus for pvp! that is a dodge increase get your facts straight!

youre just telling me how to talk but have very poor facts! I bet now youll go edit that part since i didnt post like you, to stop the embarrasment. go do your lawyer thing lol.

and i know quick draw btw its just funny watching you be all over it lol you said execute not quick draw lol.

instead you rather talk to me like some child in school, instead of just saying its the quick draw rofl. Sorry i dont talk with people who talk like that you know lol , you know blaster wip that thing you can use when someones in melee range rofl.

and you even admit yourself that the airstrike is a nerf, even in your sharpshooter sticky, it even strarts with that and then you have the nerve to tell me "saboteur" isnt nerfed.

make a saboteur sticky id love to see that rofl.

Saboteur just sux when you dont know how to use it or are a parser, these changes are making it worst.

how is taking down all the adds in one shot so much worst than just attacking 1 thing with big bursts.

Its TOTALLY different than the other smuggler trees, thats why i like it ! its much less linear than sharpshooter and not just focused on bursting parses on 1 target.

ps:

i dont want this here to become swg necesserally but just a simple comparison one more reason why i play sabo:

In the case that you played swg, saboteur is pretty much the closest there is here to the swg officer, much more than an swg smug, scoundrel is probably the closest to an swg typical smug. and officer in swg were alot of fun. Aoe heavy builds, the aoes here are soft, in swg an officer could take down a whole team with aoes and we never cried about it we ran out of the aoes when we saw them, like you dropped what you were doing to get out of it , no buts or ifs , its a darn airstrike!

But we didnt have all these stuns like here you could actually move most of the time and play your char. And in star wars the story! han solo becomes captain solo, sounds like an officer to me. And if han solo or lando arent the icons for smugs here , then somethings wrong. I mean han shot off the bat when he saw vader he was a harcore dude. No bounty ever managed to catch him without the whole empire up his beep even boba fett.

I play sw games not just mmos

Edited by ODTONE

Why do I even try...

Last thing I will say about this. You're talking about the size of my post and how you do not want to read that. Well fine, but at least I can read mine without having to decipher something every sentence..

pfff, so back the track I wanted to start.

Anyone else anxious for the answers? Think we will get an insight of what they have been working on for engineering?

Anyone else anxious for the answers? Think we will get an insight of what they have been working on for engineering?

Honestly, I don't think they were working on anything for engineering. After our questions last year, the class balances went to other specs that were really outperforming or to classes that had serious problems in some areas and lacked specs for PvP / PvE. Engineering wasn't as big of a deal, since we have a good PvP and ok PvE specs. The only problems we still have as a whole class are stated in our questions: lack of AOE damage after nerf, slightly less long term damage than other classes, and survivability. They tried to increase survivability with Defense Screen buff, but it is not enough. Other classes were lacking a DPS PvE or PvP spec, or their tanking or healing spec was awful. A lot of other classes also have AOE damage problems, and the lack of PvE damage is due to the nerf and BioWare buffing so many of the other classes.

I hope they make Engineering changes in 2.9 now that the other classes are fixed and that we asked them about it twice.

Tl;DR: I think they haven't worked on Engineering yet. Engineering is just one broken spec, while other Advanced Classes were broken in one aspect of the game. They should start working on Engineering now.

Good point, never looked at it that way. But they can have some ideas on paper ready, or some thoughts. Or maybe we can get an estimate date for when they will show us some of the changes.

Or am I just too optimistic? :p

Edited by Whojoo

Why do I even try...

Last thing I will say about this. You're talking about the size of my post and how you do not want to read that. Well fine, but at least I can read mine without having to decipher something every sentence..

pfff, so back the track I wanted to start.

mr pfff

well then mind your own business, and dont try lol. I really didnt want you to try anything lol.

Its all you dude, so if you cant read it why the hell you wasting your and my time for?

so leave it at that and mind your business i wont reply if you dont,

there i highlighted your comment happy?

and by the way i start with anything planned for saboteur and then say sabo and you cant understand that sabo is the tree not the sabo charge , weird talking to you also dude. Seems like i have to draw you a picture lol.

You cant even deal with the word sabo without twitching, are you sheldon, wich is a pretty common term for saboteur!

have a good life bye bye go find someone else to argue with please.

Edited by ODTONE

ODTONE: I don't think anyone understands half of what you try to say :rolleyes:

He tried to tell you to write clearly, use the correct ability names etc. etc., but you resorted to insults. Nobody will take you seriously when on top of being incoherent, you continuously _try_ to insult people here.. You're only making a fool of yourself and we don't care what people like that think of anything. ;)

ODTONE: I don't think anyone understands half of what you try to say :rolleyes:

He tried to tell you to write clearly, use the correct ability names etc. etc., but you resorted to insults. Nobody will take you seriously when on top of being incoherent, you continuously _try_ to insult people here.. You're only making a fool of yourself and we don't care what people like that think of anything. ;)

lol i did not reply to the person they did to me, and the way the person talked to me is not very nice as you say, i hadnt even talked to the person.

I cant take someone seriously either who says the blaster wip bonus is a pvp bonus lol ;)

then just ignore it if you cant read it...

and if you read my first reply its not even agressive at all untill the person gets all nasty to me.

btw english is my 3rd language , so ya id like to see you talk my 2 main languages for fun lol, at least i try to express myself , no matter how weird it may appear to you.

if you really take the time and look youll see i did not insult that person first, but hey bad odt.

read it chronologically, my opinion is mine your opinion is yours.

and whats funny is that you are basically of the same opinion more or less than me, when im talking about saboteur not getting enaugh attention, i guess my first post was just abit rough, i agree on that, but none the less did not insult the person personally, they insulted me personally first!

Sorry i will defend myself, university english or not!

this is the internet and a game, get a dictionary if you want 100% correct english.

the internet will not adapt to you with perfect english all the time, get used to it, this world is a global community now. sorry not everyone who likes playing games talks 100% perfect english, but hey you dont complain when we send you guys money.

Edited by ODTONE

Tl;DR: I think they haven't worked on Engineering yet. Engineering is just one broken spec, while other Advanced Classes were broken in one aspect of the game. They should start working on Engineering now.

That's what I'm thinking as well, they basically fixed most (all?) other classes and specs and they will hopefully focus on us for the next round. Hoping to get some detailed answers this time around even if we know their answers are usually thin on details.

That's what I'm thinking as well, they basically fixed most (all?) other classes and specs and they will hopefully focus on us for the next round. Hoping to get some detailed answers this time around even if we know their answers are usually thin on details.

Well, I have this theory that 3.0 isn't that far away anymore and that it will come with changes to pretty much every skill tree (likely even a new level cap and a new tier for every tree). If this is correct, they should already be working on these changes for a while and anything that happens before, is seen as rather temporary.

I think the changes Engineering needs are rather large, so it would make sense to put them into an update as big as 3.0. However, they can't tell us about these changes, since they haven't even announced 3.0 yet - whatever reason for.

So I wouldn't expect any concrete details in the answers.

I have send a PM asking for some sort of response about our answers. Like stated previously a delay was to expected. We had the operative class Q&A delay. I don't know if the combat team was involved at troubleshooting and fixing the patch 2.8 issues but at least the implementation of 2.8 and preparations for Galactic StrongHolds would eat their time.

Furthermore its my personal opinion that I rather get well formulated answers back with an extra delay than quickly made rush answers.

If the answers can't be posted this Friday I request at least a response about when we can expect them or some sort of acknowledgement.

Hey folks,

Don't worry I didn't forget you! I apologize for the delay, my goal is to get you the answers this week.

-eric

I see what you're doing. You're waiting till the 2.9 PTS goes up so you can say "Look at all these changes we're doing! AND WE'RE DONE!"

• 3 weeks later...

Snipers don't need a new button, they need the ones they have to actually do something. Part of the problem now is that we have to hit so many buttons now for defense. We need to hire a secretary to keep track of the cooldowns. You need to combine the abilities we have now into fewer buttons.

I have given up on Bioware understanding tempo in pvp and how it plays out.

Snipers need a significant health replacement ability like all the other classes. Snipers are vulnerable to burst. Juggs have ED+, PTs have Kolto+. Shadows have Battle Readiness plus the ability to stealth, Sorcs have bubble, self heals, Ops have escape, stealth, self heals, etc Snipers have nothing to effectively mitigate burst and are especially vunerable to stun lock and being focused down. Everyone knows it, the Leaderboards have confirmed it ever since they have been in existence. Why is Bioware acting like they don't know what the problem is? How many years does it take?

And make "spotter" 360. It's useless as it is now.

Edited by MotorCityMan

Snipers don't need a new button, they need the ones they have to actually do something. Part of the problem now is that we have to hit so many buttons now for defense. We need to hire a secretary to keep track of the cooldowns. You need to combine the abilities we have now into fewer buttons.

I have given up on Bioware understanding tempo in pvp and how it plays out.

Snipers need a significant health replacement ability like all the other classes. Snipers are vulnerable to burst. Juggs have ED+, PTs have Kolto+. Shadows have Battle Readiness plus the ability to stealth, Sorcs have bubble, self heals, Ops have escape, stealth, self heals, etc Snipers have nothing to effectively mitigate burst and are especially vunerable to stun lock and being focused down. Everyone knows it, the Leaderboards have confirmed it ever since they have been in existence. Why is Bioware acting like they don't know what the problem is? How many years does it take?

And make "spotter" 360. It's useless as it is now.

So snipers are the only ones who have to combine cool downs to survive, that's news to me because I'm pretty sure most everyone else has to do that too. Self heals? Have you tired doing that in an arena? The only way to self heal in an arena is to run far away making it a 3v4 for your team to blow through a large sum of energy to heal up this drastically hurting your dps and team for running away for X time. For operatives and shadows combat stealth must be paired with your purge, resilience for shadows, not battle rediness and evasion for operatives. If you don't do this you might as well not have used your combat stealth which is also a pseudo offensive CD as well as it is defensive. Also tell me when was the last time dps operatives have been good in ranked PVP, I'll give you a while to think about that because all those people on the high end of the leader board are healers. Also operatives "escape" is ment to be a gap closer as well as a gap opener which also has a chance to perma root your for the rest of the match kicking you out of the warzone.

You say you need a secretary for all your dcds which you need to use in tandem, bro there are classes/specs that would kill for that much control and moves, mercs and sorcs would give their left foot to have something which allowed them to not be able to be leapt to, a knock back with a base line root a 35m root 16m immune roll an insta cast 30m mez CC immunity for 20 seconds, ballistic dampeners and what ever else I may have missed.

Merc dps not that great in ranked merc healers not super great as well. Sorcs have 1 viable dps spec and their heal spec is believed to be garbage. Operatives have only heal spec which is good for ranked the rest are commonly laughed at and hated for because they qued(yet they still get nerfs). But hey why don't you ask cryyc for some pointers on how to roll bang I mean isn't he #1 solo ranked pvper he must be playing it right maybe you can be half as good as him and get a 1500 rating. You're not the only class that has been shafted by ranked, trust me on that , but why the hell does anyone even care about solo"ranked" it is the ultimate form of RNG in the game, 3 random people of random specs or classes. 4 dps vs 3 tanks and a healer? Yea that kind of **** happens all the damn time so is it an accurate reflection of your class or is it all a matter of which side had a better group set up? When you can no longer preform in regs that's when you have a problem *cough*lightning sorcs*cough