Dealing with Soa's RNG

So my guild is doing Soa, and we keep having problems with the annoying *** RNG in the fight. Such as the tank getting mine trapped in Phase 3 so we miss a down, or chain CCing our DPS (we've had attempts where literally our Marauder or Sniper has been thrown around or trapped for the full 2 minutes). So my questions are as follows.

1) Is there a way to manage who gets trapped.

2) Is there a way for people in mindtraps to help getting themselves out.

3) Do we just need to have 5 people with 1000 dps to kill Soa

So my guild is doing Soa, and we keep having problems with the annoying *** RNG in the fight. Such as the tank getting mine trapped in Phase 3 so we miss a down, or chain CCing our DPS (we've had attempts where literally our Marauder or Sniper has been thrown around or trapped for the full 2 minutes). So my questions are as follows.

1) Is there a way to manage who gets trapped.

2) Is there a way for people in mindtraps to help getting themselves out.

3) Do we just need to have 5 people with 1000 dps to kill Soa

1) Have all dps in the last phase Bursting the prisons while sora's shield is up.

2)No

3)we got him to 8% with 4 dps and a vanguard tank, so potentially yes

The fight is based on luck; who gets prisoned and when, who dies before last phase.

If healers get prisoned and BoL then its probably a wipe, the only bug is the MT being cc'd at all.

if ur failing on normal mode, you really need to take a loot at your dps and what theyre doing..

Wrong

There is alot of RNG in the end of a fight where things need to go perfect to down him. Coming from a person thats done it all on hard it is definitely based on luck. For our first normal mode we got lucky and only our 2 healers got thrown / mindtraped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF_lyepbAWQ&context=C313f89bADOEgsToPDskLovA0KBOTdACFw185AvTgc

Link to my guild with a pug doing it. It does come down to a lot of luck, we missed one of the drops, but luckily we had pretty insane DPS. This video is only normal mode at the moment, we'll be doing hard mode in a few days when everyones recovered from alcohol posioning lol

We didnt run into any of the rng you are, sounds like you need more dps tbh

People cannot suddenly puke up an extra 2k DPS to take out traps when you have 2 DPS missing. The RNG is ridiculous.

In that video you posted you got luck your healer gets trapped or thrown twice in the third phase thus leaving your DPS out to break traps/kill boss. So basically the RNG was with you.

Wrong

There is alot of RNG in the end of a fight where things need to go perfect to down him. Coming from a person thats done it all on hard it is definitely based on luck. For our first normal mode we got lucky and only our 2 healers got thrown / mindtraped.

Negative, pretty sure you're wrong.

What the other dude said is entirely right.

Edited by phlowbies